Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Brigid just learned that when Tomathy lies on her back, so you can rub her belly, IT'S A TRAP!

teach Brigid that the cat is part otter, and you should place things on her belly. like clams, and small rocks

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

21 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

More on Miniature Scenery's sloop of war - an unpainted build made by someone other than Mousemuffin - proof that someone other than the designer can build it -

I have a feeling if anyone can successfully kill my wallet, it will be them.  My wishlist of just terrain items they make is like $2k CAD.....  But we are talking enough to make various configurations of a 4x6' table, and three or four different building sets...  Oh, and tons of scatter terrain too. 

...And I keep eyeing up their ships.... 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

PSA: today is Thursday. There is a weekend incoming, stay sharp!

So is my mother in law. And I get to pick her up from the airport... Seriously cutting into my study time... I've only got 2 more weeks. :blink: :unsure:

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I suggest acronyming that as: CHUG

I like it!

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Today...  

I worked on my bike...

<snip>

Yup, I think my bike is ready for another summer out on the road.

Wearing a white T-shirt may not have been a good idea, though...

How else are you going to show off that you were doing impressive mechanical work?

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

I'm going to name this "the quote that will not die"

Currently doing round 6 of official revisions to this quote for small town Midwest car wash. 

This time, it's about making a copy with no distributor discounts shown and adding a crap ton of disclaimers to it to cover mine and the distributor's butt before the quote is sent off to the customer by the guy handling the sale.  The customer is insisting on seeing the quote straight from the manufacturer, rather than one on the distributor's forms, so they can "make sure there are no extra charges." 

I'm pretty sure that when you continually change your mind, there usually ends up being extra charges. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My hubby would be interested in your write up and willing to trade cookies for it :lol:

I'd be happy to post it up once it's finished! I'm currently working on hammering out the finer details of his various Limit Breaks (he's got 2, one for single enemy and one for multiple, with a 3rd sort-of one for when he's on his bike). I finally had to type up the whole mess as a separate sheet so I could see which feats/abilities were swift actions, movement actions, or attack actions to make sure everything is legal.

It's a good thing I did too, since I didn't realize I initially had him doing (in 1 round) a full-round action, two attack actions, 3 swift actions, a movement, and a free action (for those unfamiliar with Pathfinder, you get either a single full-round action, OR an attack and movement action, with a single swift action as a bonus). I mean, I knew I had overcalulated, but didn't realize it was by...quite so much. 

I mean, yeah he's a pretty epic superhuman character, but in this universe he's going to find his constant physics-breaking shenanigans severely curtailed. :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to add that the number of books is now up to 9. :mellow: To be fair, 4 of those were only used for a single piece of equipment, but still. And before anyone asks, not only is the GM totally cool with this, he's the one that keeps bringing me more! :lol: I finally had to put my foot down and ask him nicely to stop making my life more complicated, lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My hubby would be interested in your write up and willing to trade cookies for it :lol:

You're gonna be burgled!!

Hey, raccoons are alright:

image.png.0eba58028331b14485be96abdc70b0aa.png

It's Cyril Sneer that you have to worry about:

image.thumb.png.add9dcea436ca1ec4b7e02e827a6de75.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I'm pretty sure that when you continually change your mind, there usually ends up being extra charges. 

"What's this section here? The one titled 'Customer Management Services'?"

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Let me know when you're available to capture and remove ours. :grr:

• Haha 10

18 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Let me know when you're available to capture and remove ours. :grr:

beware, sudden changes in raccoon field density have unpredictable results 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Wow, that was a blast from my childhood.  

I think we're going to have a problem with rabbits in our neighborhood soon.  I've seen an awful lot of them around.  

• Like 10

It's Thursday!

I have tomorrow off for a doctor's appointment, to finish packing, to send some minis :ph34r:

It'll all get done :B): All the bookshelves are emptied and folded. Might have to acquire some more boxes before tomorrow's out though. We're getting low.

We're moving Sunday. Or else :zombie:

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

It's Thursday!

I have tomorrow off for a doctor's appointment, to finish packing, to send some minis :ph34r:

It'll all get done :B): All the bookshelves are emptied and folded. Might have to acquire some more boxes before tomorrow's out though. We're getting low.

We're moving Sunday. Or else :zombie:

May your move day(s) be swift and easy with no sore parts after. :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Recommend replace. It probably split at the point that it did for a reason. 

Yea, it broke because it wasn't designed to have someone that weighs well over 300 pounds flop down on the thing as hard as they can, especially when there's a couple hundred pounds worth of people already on it.

I was there the night it broke. My friends had a party and one of the guests "sat" on it by falling backwards into it with no attempt to slow themselves. This was accompanied by a loud crack, and followed by a "what the hell, dude?" from the owner. It's survived 4 more years of light use since then without really getting worse because it's been used by people who know how to sit down properly. Just last year it had 3 of us with a combined weight of upwards of 600 pounds sitting on it without any issues.

I'm probably going to go the replace route eventually, because it's the more permanent of the two options, but I may repair it first because I can do that right now with stuff I already have.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Pingo said:

We’ve got a raccoon.

Just heard a weird chirping out front in the rain. Looked out in time to see a big roly-poly shadow slip out the front gate and into the neighbor’s foliage.

For those new to the channel, we live in the middle of a major metropolitan area. 

My dad was in the same situation and he has pictures of a flock of wild turkeys meandering through his yard. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Greetings

[Flailing Tentacles indicate happy to meet you]

Welcome to our little islnad if insane sanity in a very chaotic world.

GEM

Islnad?

Curse you tablet keyboard!

It's not the keyboard, it's the tentacles. Cthtulthu's name is actually Bernie...

• Like 4
  • Haha 7