Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

6 minutes ago, redambrosia said:
2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just watched yesterdays Reaper Live.  The ReaperCon Sophie Sculpt is fantastic.

Is there a picture of that somewhere? :ik_oops:

unknown.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Is there a picture of that somewhere? :ik_oops:

Should be on the Reaper Live archival feed.

I'll see if I can get the exact time it shows up.

As far as I know none of the artwork or sculpts have been put up yet.

GEM

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Sophie shows up at 43 minutes into it, and July's mini shows up at 26 minutes into it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Sophie shows up at 43 minutes into it, and July's mini shows up at 26 minutes into it. 

Thank you oh Caffeinated One.

GEM

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Corsair said:

What is July's mini?

A monk of sorts, holding a book.  Or so I remember.

Terrible screengrab, but it gives the idea.

639124014_July2019mini.jpg.aecda5df87b7f954d305c44d7a290eb8.jpg964631223_July2019minipainted.jpg.64cc13a4b01cafa8a1a60f92fffcbbcb.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

She's Sophie D'Arc. 

In other news, Baby has kept me up all day (literally, up and pacing around with her). I haven't eaten since this morning. I'm sore and exhausted. So I told my manager I couldn't work. 

Shes trying to negotiate with me about it. So far I've resisted sending her an angry rant, but I swear if I had to deal with the usual Friday night BS, I would end up telling the guests off and walking out. 

Theres only so much a person can do with no sleep, no food, a splitting headache, and a sore body. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 14

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

She's Sophie D'Arc. 

In other news, Baby has kept me up all day (literally, up and pacing around with her). I haven't eaten since this morning. I'm sore and exhausted. So I told my manager I couldn't work. 

Shes trying to negotiate with me about it. So far I've resisted sending her an angry rant, but I swear if I had to deal with the usual Friday night BS, I would end up telling the guests off and walking out. 

Theres only so much a person can do with no sleep, no food, a splitting headache, and a sore body. 

If I were you the negotiations would start with your manager providing a full month of consecutive days of tending to the small ones need while you get enough sleep [uninterrupted] to be able to manage your work shifts.

Trying to manage a job and a wee small babe is tough at best and it sounds like the youngin is having some difficult times, which only makes it harder on you.

Sending you some good vibrations.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

I'll ask my other half, but I fear it comes under the category of "state secret", along with the brisket rub and Christmas cake.

OK, basic recipe

For each kilo of cherries you need 500 grams of sugar, 150 ml water, juice and zest of 2 lemons and a cinnamon stick.

1. Put a couple of saucers into the freezer. Roughly chop the cherries. Put into a large pan with the cinnamon stick, broken in half, the lemon zest and juice and 150ml water. Bring gently to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until cherries are softened.
  2. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, then increase the heat and boil hard for 4-5 mins until the conserve is softly set. To test this, take a saucer from the freezer and spoon a little jam onto it. Push your finger through the jam; if it wrinkles on the surface it is ready. If not, reboil for a few mins more, then test again. Spoon into small clean warm jars, seal and label. Once open, keep in the fridge.

Cherries are low in pectin, so proper jam-making sugar is advised.

Beloved wife says that ritual chanting and somantic components are also required, but these are difficult to describe... and might be rather rude.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9

I have an idea for a painting/diorama entry and just ran it past my wife.

she thinks it's good so I'm going to take a run at it.

GEM

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Everything known or speculated is showing up here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86871-unofficial-bones-v-enthusiasm-and-comment-thread-previously-the-completely-unofficial-commentary-and-enthusiasm-thread-for-reapers-upcoming-super-secret-project/

GEM

Including screen caps

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

unknown.png

Her base leads me to believe there is a connecting mini to this one. Possibly the Witch-King perhaps???? 

Wow, so this is what a night off is!!!!! My first day in 11 days.Granted it's just tonight as I'll go back to regular schedule Sunday morning (ie Weds & Fri nights off). Only a week & half left till vacation (supposedly). Hopefully I can make it. I had a new guy work with me last night & yah I wanted to do this to him:

latest?cb=20110423031941

He's the current closing manager at night so you figure he'd actually know what he was doing, right?? Oh no, just anther turd, they hired.  Kid (yes, kid, prob younger then 24) just puttered along, didn't finish up aisles he was working on & when he did a brought back pallets to backroom & just dropped them where ever he felt like it. Front of the baler? Really??!!?? Once again, I had to carry the "team" in getting things done. About the only good thing I got out of last night was I got close to 2 hours of OT, but really my first night off in 11 days, I'd rather have gotten out on time.

Since I wanted out of there I really didn't care how my facing looked last night (granted it still looked good, kid's facing "shudder" ) so I kinda feel sorry for the person who has to do that tonight. Well sorta.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

36 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Sometimes the most effective thing to do is completely lose it and do the angry rant.  Especially if being polite is getting you pushed into things you can't do.  Moms gotta set limits.

22 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

OK, basic recipe

For each kilo of cherries you need 500 grams of sugar, 150 ml water, juice and zest of 2 lemons and a cinnamon stick.

1. Put a couple of saucers into the freezer. Roughly chop the cherries. Put into a large pan with the cinnamon stick, broken in half, the lemon zest and juice and 150ml water. Bring gently to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until cherries are softened.
  2. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, then increase the heat and boil hard for 4-5 mins until the conserve is softly set. To test this, take a saucer from the freezer and spoon a little jam onto it. Push your finger through the jam; if it wrinkles on the surface it is ready. If not, reboil for a few mins more, then test again. Spoon into small clean warm jars, seal and label. Once open, keep in the fridge.

Cherries are low in pectin, so proper jam-making sugar is advised.

Beloved wife says that ritual chanting and somantic components are also required, but these are difficult to describe... and might be rather rude.

Thank you!!  I've got an arcane tome of jam recipes and many batches under my belt, getting the spices is a huge help.  I'm going to guess that it's not Rainier cherries, either.  

• Like 9

Weather's been rather... Uncooperative the past few days here.  So I'm all "okay, let's get groceries!" today....  HAIL accompanied by a thunderstorm.  Okay, maybe I'll go a tad later....  Severe thunderstorm warning and watch!  ....Uhm... Okay...

Warning's gone, but y'know what, I'm taking the hint and just ordered in supper.  On the flipside, it's chicken donairs for supper.  Mmmm, donairs.

• Like 6

Moth got into the house.

Cats are going nuts. 

The black one's eyes are glowing green and the fat one's eyes are big as saucers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 12