Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

@WhiteWulfe I hope you guys will find something suitable soon.

It's not good not being able to be yourself and having to hide your husband.

I hope things  will work out for you guys and that one day your parents will accept you both for who you are.

I'm the average white middleclassed straight man, but if one of my kids or stepvixens turned out to have a different orientation, than so what?

As long as they are happy, work for a living and be a good person, than I couldn't care less about their lovelife.

In fact, I would have preferred for my daughter to have a nice girlfriend instead of the lowlife she married ( 1% Biker Gangster).

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Back to real life now. 

Need to go grocery shopping Tuesday. Also need to get 6-10 minis painted by the 22nd. Not the most I've done in that amount of time but I've got a couple of bigger minis to do in that time that I'm not really sure about. 

• Like 7

How do i change my avatar on here? 

I have looked in the profile settings,but can't seem to find a thing that says change avatar.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

I have looked in the profile settings,but can't seem to find a thing that says change avatar.

Go to your profile page.

On the left is your pic for the avatar, click on that and you get the options

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

On PC go to your profile and there should be a little icon on your avatar, click that and it should let you change it.

edit: ninja'd :ph34r:

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Go to your profile page.

On the left is your pic for the avatar, click on that and you get the options

TY.

Been a while since i did it and i forgot how to do it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Oakleaf98 said:

TY.

Been a while since i did it and i forgot how to do it.

You're welcome.

And I like the new one!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The day we move out into our own place is the day I'll be telling them I'm married.  Mom didn't really handle me coming out all that well ages ago... Dad had pretty much figured it out, but kept quiet about such. 

Or, as Facebook would put it, it's complicated. ^_^

I am so sorry you have had to face this.

My Sister came out about 12 years ago.  My Parents were incredibly cool about it, had her and the GF over for dinner a lot, went to her wedding as well and everyone was awesome.

I sometimes forget that not everyone has Parents as nice or as open-minded as mine.

When I got together with the man who is my Husband, I remember my Mom looking at me as I was getting ready to head to the airport to move to Seattle, and she said, "You sure you want to move away from the family?"

"I'm not moving away from the family Mom.  I'm moving to go live my life and make something of it."

My Father noticed me crying as I pet the family dog, and he said to me, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah Dad, I need to."

I haven't looked back.

After 3 months in Seattle, my man found his current job in Phoenix.  Moved to Phoenix October 2013.

They drove cross country in the middle of bloody winter in early 2014 for my wedding with my car so I would finally have it, and it was loaded to the gills with most of my Earthly possessions.

After the wedding we flew them back home to Rochester NY.  I see them once a year - usually Thanksgiving.  We trade every year on who flies to see who.  This year it's our turn to fly back east for Thanksgiving. 

Every other year we road trip to Canada to see Hubby's family.  Incidentally it was Hubby's family that had vastly wider issues with our relationship - He's Mormon and I'm Jewish, and for several months his Mother tried incredibly hard to get me to go to Church and convert.  I refused.  I think she finally realized I was happy as I was, and that since I was taking good care of her son (He has Aspberger's) , all was fine and to live and let live.  Now we share recipes, techniques for hiding vegetables from picky eaters, articles on storage and food prep, and I help translate old Latin documents for her that she uses in her geneaology research.  When we visit I do sewing projects with her as well.  We are actually looking at finding work back North so we can be closer to them as my Father-in-law has cancer, and at the age of 82, I don't believe he will be around much longer.  Someone needs to be there to help my Mother-in-law.

• Like 17

So the week I go back  I get my days off so my manager had me only working the morning of the 26th. I told her it's fine to bring me back the 24th (weds morning). After I work that day I get my 1st night off, then work again, then 2nd night off. I can handle that!

Overall it allows me to use my 69.4 vacation hrs to the maximum efficiency!!

• Like 12

I'm not looking forward to next month. Husband is going to be gone from the 12th to the 20th, possibly the 21st depending on when the plane gets back in. He's driving a U-haul of stuff to my SIL with his dad. He's really not looking forward to it. He and his dad don't have the strongest of relationships. And with Husband's brain weasels acting up I really worry about this trip. So unless Sibling can come over and stay with me I'm going to be alone basically that whole time. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

Last night I planned to play just a little bit of Apex Legends. Maybe an hour or two. Then I got grouped up with 2 random guys and we had a really good match together, so we decided to keep playing as a group. The next thing we know, it's 6:30am, we've been playing for over 7 hours, and we've managed to earn at least 7 wins in ranked matches, two of them being back to back, while placing second more times than should have been possible. I went from being ranked Bronze II to Silver I, and the other two went from Silver IV to Gold IV. It was nuts! We just clicked as a squad so well that it was like nothing could stop us.

I haven't had a night where I got lost in a game like that in a good while. And it was funny because one of the guys was streaming the whole thing on Twitch. In the second game of our back to back wins, someone else in the match started watching his stream and said "we're coming for you" in the chat, then raged when we wiped them. We had ourselves a good laugh at that. Cheating by ghosting and they still lost.

Needless to say, I've got a new squad to run with in the future.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I am returned.

I am sunburned.

Funeral was 20 minutes of ceremony, 2 hours of mulling about, and then there was far too much food at the reunion afterwards.

It turns out there are 4 little words that made my work at the IRS allllll okay, no matter how libertarian the person may be. "I work in refunds."

My dad's driving "skill" is inherited. Everyone I rode with for whatever reason took the long way around because they knew a better way than whatever the map said, drove 20mph over the speed limit, tailgated on windy mountain roads... I got to watch a minivan ford a river.

The offer with my cousin's lead mine is still genuine and open. Especially after I solved a silicate problem they've been having while we sat in the river drinking beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

Last night I planned to play just a little bit of Apex Legends. Maybe an hour or two. Then I got grouped up with 2 random guys and we had a really good match together, so we decided to keep playing as a group. The next thing we know, it's 6:30am, we've been playing for over 7 hours, and we've managed to earn at least 7 wins in ranked matches, two of them being back to back, while placing second more times than should have been possible. I went from being ranked Bronze II to Silver I, and the other two went from Silver IV to Gold IV. It was nuts! We just clicked as a squad so well that it was like nothing could stop us.

I haven't had a night where I got lost in a game like that in a good while. And it was funny because one of the guys was streaming the whole thing on Twitch. In the second game of our back to back wins, someone else in the match started watching his stream and said "we're coming for you" in the chat, then raged when we wiped them. We had ourselves a good laugh at that. Cheating by ghosting and they still lost.

Needless to say, I've got a new squad to run with in the future.

Glad to hear that the Cosmic Roulette Wheel has given you a WIN! ::D:

Take them where you find them and enjoy them while they last.

GEM

• Like 7