Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

Last night I planned to play just a little bit of Apex Legends. Maybe an hour or two. Then I got grouped up with 2 random guys and we had a really good match together, so we decided to keep playing as a group. The next thing we know, it's 6:30am, we've been playing for over 7 hours, and we've managed to earn at least 7 wins in ranked matches, two of them being back to back, while placing second more times than should have been possible. I went from being ranked Bronze II to Silver I, and the other two went from Silver IV to Gold IV. It was nuts! We just clicked as a squad so well that it was like nothing could stop us.

I haven't had a night where I got lost in a game like that in a good while. And it was funny because one of the guys was streaming the whole thing on Twitch. In the second game of our back to back wins, someone else in the match started watching his stream and said "we're coming for you" in the chat, then raged when we wiped them. We had ourselves a good laugh at that. Cheating by ghosting and they still lost.

Needless to say, I've got a new squad to run with in the future.

Reminds me of when Diablo first came out. A friend & I jumped onto battle.net around 6 pm & "an hour later" it was like 8 am. Fun times!!

Ghost of Saltmarsh starts up tomorrow night!! Oddly, I have everything miniature-wise to run SSofS, or at least everything for the house part. Ship half, I'm sure I've got that covered quite well as well. Looking forward to running the game as I hope it'll bring back some gaming memories & of course make new ones.

• Like 7

Looks like milkweed bugs CAN fly, they just don’t LIKE to.

Can’t say I’m surprised. They seem heavy for their size and a little awkward, making them appear WAY more alarming and buzzy when in flight. And they seem to want to aim for the comfort and security of human clothes.

Also they don’t seem to like accidentally hitching a ride with the pizza delivery person into a chilly house.

Did I mention they’re weirdly buzzy?

Anyhow, the red hitchhiker is happily back on milkweed outside. Crisis averted.

Outside I saw TWO monarchs doing the dance of Life is Great by our milkweed patch, so I do have hopes we may get caterpillars.

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Found out a couple of hours ago that a friend from college passed away...

Too soon. I’m so sorry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Also: @Enchantra Long time no see stranger!  It's good to see you back on the boards!

Good to see you too!  Nice to see some names I recognize!

• Like 7

I have another load of books to donate to the library; I'll drop 'em off after work today. After battling the garage all morning, going to my neighbors cook out was a great way to spend the afternoon.

I met some nice people (no gamers, sadly) and ate some really good food.:winkthumbs:

• Like 13

Getting back to work after 4 weeks of lazing about is hard...    

It doesn't help that today is the start of Molde International Jaz Festival, either, so for the next week, parking and traffic near work is going to be a royal pain in the Orc.    

So far, I've ordered a new 8TB HDD for a server to replace the one that's been causing system warning for a week. 

I hate when they leave stuff like that b'because Gadgetman! will be back next week to take care of it' 

(A failing HDD is one thing. A failing RAID on a server is a whole different load of minotaur droppings)

It's not as if a 5minute call to DELL is that difficult. 

(Most of the time is spent in their dial-a-hot-place system)

Now to dig through the emails and see if I missed something important...    

Oh, and the big hot drinks machine has been changed.

(We got a Varea 8224 from the local Pelican Rouge distributor)

Of course the tech was here today to fix it already...  

(It was leaking CO2, and emptying a canister in a few days )  

Time to test the hot chocolate, I think...   

• Like 6

Woke up 30 minutes ago, no hubby or baby in the bedroom. But there's snoring downstairs. When it was time to go to bed last night, hubby decided that the two us, asleep in bed and asleep on the floor respectively, were too peaceful to disturb. So he slept on the couch. 

I feel much better right now. 

Oh, incidentally, Overly Sarcastic Productions' videos are just about the right length to watch when feeding a baby. My fav from yesterday was Blue's video about Cleopatra. Really emphasized just how amazeballs she was. I need that t-shirt.

• Like 13

Haministers are the worse. Almost as bad as allimagators. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

21 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Or, as Facebook would put it, it's complicated. ^_^

Ah, yeah, that would do it. :unsure: *hugs*

16 hours ago, Unruly said:

Last night I planned to play just a little bit of Apex Legends. 

<snip>

Needless to say, I've got a new squad to run with in the future.

Nice! 

15 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

All right, I'm calling it quits with keeping up with the randomness thread.  I'm several hundred pages behind and not going to catch up anytime soon.

So as you may surmise above, I've been busy and have not been able to keep track of the boards.  Woek has picked up some (my new contract was approved so I now have 5 years of job security and now longer need to be worried about losing my job and vaction time two months before RCon).  I'm still running a week ly AL D&D game and playing in a week Starfinder game.  I just now wrapped up a 4 day local convention and surprise surprise, actually got compensated for running games!  They comped my pass and gave me $60 in store credit.  So I will have to see what I need want the next time I make it out tot that store.

I hope everyone is doing well, and if not, I hope things get better.  Until the next time I come up for air, be excellent to one another.

Awesome! 

13 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I got to watch a minivan ford a river.

:blink:

:lol:

11 hours ago, Pingo said:

Looks like milkweed bugs CAN fly, they just don’t LIKE to.

Can’t say I’m surprised. They seem heavy for their size and a little awkward, making them appear WAY more alarming and buzzy when in flight. And they seem to want to aim for the comfort and security of human clothes.

Also they don’t seem to like accidentally hitching a ride with the pizza delivery person into a chilly house.

Did I mention they’re weirdly buzzy?

Anyhow, the red hitchhiker is happily back on milkweed outside. Crisis averted.

Outside I saw TWO monarchs doing the dance of Life is Great by our milkweed patch, so I do have hopes we may get caterpillars.

Done like cockroaches. Didn't realize they could fly. It was an unpleasant surprise when one did... Into my face! 

39 minutes ago, Loim said:

Haministers are the worse. Almost as bad as allimagators. 

:;,;:

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Hope everyone is doing great. I hope everyone has gotten their coffee.

I hate the Fing fair. Standby for tomorrow's post were I cuss more because of the fair.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hope everyone is doing great. I hope everyone has gotten their coffee.

I hate the Fing fair. Standby for tomorrow's post were I cuss more because of the fair.

What fair?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Crowley said:
19 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

What fair?

The Whut?

(There are way too many searchable events with that phrase in the official title...)

SpringFlingsmall.jpg?fit=1800,2782&ssl=1

Probably not ^ this event. She does not look like she is square dancing...

• Like 6

15 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

The offer with my cousin's lead mine is still genuine and open. Especially after I solved a silicate problem they've been having while we sat in the river drinking beer.

Alcohol for creativity, caffeine for focus!

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Getting back to work after 4 weeks of lazing about is hard...    

Coworker who was a “I’ll work ‘til I die” type took November and December off because of excess vacation time came back from that extended break now determined to take early retirement. The two months off changed his while demeanor towards work. 

Monday should go fast. Got a pre-test meeting with the structures lab, then a risk meeting in the afternoon. That should handily distract me from being too excited that my wife and daughter will be returning tomorrow! Their flight leaves at 2am, and they’ll be in around 6pm. hope they can sleep. Hope I can sleep. Just need to ensure that our son will do the chores he said he would so they don’t come home to a dirty house. 

• Like 12

Vacation!

Today we hiked a little around the town called Afferden.

15 km.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10