Froggy the Great

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

How do you get an app that does...

Forward Looking Infra Red..? 

(I want this app...)

The app came with the phone...   

CAT S60. 

(It has an actual FLIR camera built-in)

But I would rather reccomend the CAT S61 because ,while it's only wapterproof down to 3 meters instead of 5meters, it has a much improved FLIR camera, an air quality sensor, and I believe, laser distance measuring. 

You can also buy FLIR cameras that connects to the USB connector on other Droid phones. There may even be a version for iPhones. 

But the camera alone costs almost as much as one of those phones, so,,,  

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, TGP said:

How do you get an app that does...

Forward Looking Infra Red..? 

(I want this app...)

4 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

The app came with the phone...   

CAT S60. 

(It has an actual FLIR camera built-in)

But I would rather reccomend the CAT S61 because ,while it's only wapterproof down to 3 meters instead of 5meters, it has a much improved FLIR camera, an air quality sensor, and I believe, laser distance measuring. 

You can also buy FLIR cameras that connects to the USB connector on other Droid phones. There may even be a version for iPhones. 

But the camera alone costs almost as much as one of those phones, so,,,  

I could have sworn they had entry level ones for only a few hundred dollars that plug in if you weren't lucky enough to have a phone that had one built in? 

• Like 4

On 7/27/2019 at 1:21 PM, haldir said:

SMACKS head!!!

So yesterday I was at  "other town's" game store looking for the Wizkids Bone Devil. I didn't find it so afterwards in the car I placed a ebay order for it. Now I paid a little over retail for it (the seller had free shipping but the mini was almost double retail cost) + I had a ebay bucks coupon that dropped it to a little over retail. Anyways, I used that seller due to they had the quickest estimate to me (next Tuesday). Looking through my mini stashes, I find this:

03745_p_1_ks.jpg

Bone Devil

It's the Dark Heaven metal one (3745) there is a Bones one but he suffers from "thin limb syndrome". I now recall snagging him out of the Boneyard bins a couple years ago. Included were the Bones wings. I recall swapping out the wings for the Bones version due to I could use the weight in my melt bucket & it wouldn't affect the figure's looks...

Sigh, I really need to go through my stashes & get them organized. Something I told myself I was going to do over my 2 week vacation but never got around to doing.

It was so worth doing!!

Now I just need to figure out what I need/want from ReaperCon...

On 7/28/2019 at 9:17 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I feel sorry for Lucy, any news yet?

I do hope it is something that can be cured or at least surpressed with medication.

I'll be crossing my fingers.

The drugs are helping a lot. They won't address the cause, but they relieve the symptoms. Question is, do we want to subject her to radiation to go after the mass... :unsure:

IMG_20190728_191726.thumb.jpg.ed592dfd27439b6879f92a33503d211b.jpg

She really enjoyed her walk in the park last evening though!

Coffee...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I could have sworn they had entry level ones for only a few hundred dollars that plug in if you weren't lucky enough to have a phone that had one built in? 

And what does an S60 cost today?

In addition you also get a practically indestructible phone...     

And the USB connector is still free for a recharge or whatever while you're using the camera.

• Like 3

@Crowley all of my Boxers eventually developed a form of the big C.

Radiaton/Chemo/Surgery?

To me it depends on a few factors.

• Age of dog and estimated average lifespan
  • How long will it take for the dog to recover from the treatment?
  • Percentage of succes in treatment according to the Vet?
  • How much pain is the dog in, and how much pain/discomfort will the treatment cause?
  • Will the dog be able to lead a happy life after treatment?

All of these combined will help decide what to do.

I have let Balthar be treated when he was 8 yrs old and developed prostate cancer. It gave him 3 more years of a happy life.

Then it returned when he became 11 yrs old and by then I let him go, he already passed the average lifespan of a Boxer by then and I didn't want him to go through a few more months being sick from chemo.

Odin gave up. He suddenly stopped eating, doing anything one day and by then we found out he had stomach cancer. He was 10 and we let him go.

It's difficult.

We want to keep our furballs with us for ever but that's unfortunately not realistic.

I hope that I will get to see all my dogs in the afterlife, I will have a pack of Boxers when I get there then.

I wish you good luck with Lucy, let's hope it can be cured without too much problems.

Stay well!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 17

In the city of Paradise, Arizona, there's roughly one police officer for each seven citizens. In addition as many as one in five civilians has a concealed carry license, or at least whips out a gun if there's trouble.

And yet, there is no fire department whatsoever.

Liberry.jpg.cc544cb0448cb58d024c3ef16e0de925.jpg

In the game "Postal II," which is set entirely in Paradise, AZ, on Tuesday, an angry mob of activists will set the library on fire at some point, regardless of what you do or don't do.

The library remains on fire throughout the rest of the game... which ends on Friday evening.

Paradise's library, seen above, is quite large. The town also has a largish law enforcement center, a HUGE church, a surprisingly large post office and parcel distribution center, a fairgrounds where elephants are trained, and a variety of other businesses one would expect to find in any town.

Paradise seems to have no schools or educational facilities whatsoever. Given the nature of the game, this is probably a good thing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

19 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

So happy right now...

About 3 years ago my wife got burned out at her field job in wetland science and changed to a desk job compiling modeling data into a single statewide document detailing the current water quality for our entire State. At first this was great. It's a challenging and important job, had a great boss and coworkers, and paid for travel to some national conventions.

Then, about 18 months ago her boss retired and her new manager was literally selected due to her political connections. Since then that annual report has been manipulated to the point that my wife could no longer put her name on it. Cherry picking data, manipulating maps, and outright lying about water quality is now the norm for this document. Her new boss has become increasingly erratic and abusive as she fails to understand the work being done. Coworkers are leaving in droves. They even started preventing technical staff from participating in conferences. And now she spends more time trying to explain to our management staff why we are being sued by the public as she does trying to compose the report. All in all a bad situation and one that was causing her to be stressed out and depressed. 

But good news! She just got offered a new job doing the water quality monitoring for a smaller subregion. While it's not as prestigious, it pays the same, has a management team that all know the science and have experience in the field, and includes a decent amount of field work in beautiful places. She's in with her bosses right now explaining that in 2 weeks they will no longer have any staff capable of putting together all the data sets into an annual report required under our state law. I'm so happy. 

We work out of the same office currently, although I spend about 75% of my time hip deep in streams and wetlands. So with her leaving it's going to get pretty lonesome around here. But if it makes her happy and gets her excited about her job again then it's the best thing ever. 

Best Monday ever.

image.png.d867ab2b8a72d97918883be394c71d5f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Had a heating guy come by to give me an estimate on a new hot water heater and AC.  It's turning into an expensive summer and it's all boring stuff related to heating.  Cost of home ownership and all that.  

Thought I ought to clarify that while our house is on the small side for our family, that makes it affordable for us.  So repair costs can be covered by our savings, it just means that fun improvements like a bathroom renovation keep getting put off.  If I can get all the other projects taken care of we might splurge on the bathroom anyway, we'll see.  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Yes. Everything. Always. All the time. Learn all the things!

I'm also hopefully signing up for a "real" art class later today when registration opens I am S T R E S S E D and excited and nervous.

It happened! We saved up! I'm signed up for Figure Drawing and Character Design!!! Real art classes!!! 10 years later than I wanted but I don't care! Learning!!!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Found Pumpkin 6 in the undergrowth! If things go well, they should be ready for harvest at the end of September. So far it's been Big Moon, the new one looks to be off the Jack O'Lantern. Nothing so far from the Jack B Littles, but their leaf cover is quite dense, so it may be I haven't found them yet. 

More seem to be sprouting daily, and the vines are still flowering so I may get into the double digits in the next couple weeks! 

The corn seems to have stalled out, both the planted and accidental varieties, although there are now several more shoots around the bird's food dishes due to thier flinging of seeds everywhere. Probably sprouted too late to get anything off of, but it'll be interesting to see.

• Like 11