• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Which KS would that be?

It's for a board game called Unbroken.

They're having fulfilment issues (they didn't charge enough for shipping), which was understandable at first, but with every update they put out, things are adding up less and less.

But they have managed to get USA fulfilled (although they allegedly only managed this by fraudulently using a cheaper mail rate), and they've started on Canada so it can't be a total scam, despite sounding increasingly dodgy.

I'm only in for £15 so I'm not too bothered if I don't get it (although it does actually look like quite a good game), mostly I'm just confused.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

How reliable is Fantazation Miniatures?

Anyone has had any experience with them?

I'm thinking of placing an order, but I never did business with them before.

It's been a few years since I ordered anything from them, but I've had good experiences in the past. Several of the Freebooter minis on my collection came through Fantization.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pingo said:

I did know he was totally not into drugs, yes. You couldn’t be as disciplined and intense an artist as he was if you wasted your time getting high. He was also a supremely talented musician and performance artist. I just got a little ... soured on his music owing to unfortunate circumstances.

I know someone who based a Vampire: The Masquerade character on him.

Have you ever seen the time Frank Zappa was on the Monkees TV show? Comedy gold. Comedy polonium!

frank-zappa-conehead-snl.png.e558bb8f3439d7ee59848a5a49ead46d.pngI was fortunate to have been just the right age to have seen the first generation of Saturday Night Live, with the original Not Ready For Prime Time Players. And I remember the times the show sort of went off the rails. And the time Frank Zappa was there was one of those times.

The energy was WEIRD that night, and Frank seemed a little odd and stiff. They ALL did. NOBODY was relaxed and on target, and at least one sketch seems to have gone meandering, instead of hitting its punch lines. I was familiar with Frank's music, and expected a much looser, more relaxed, funnier fellow. Instead, he seemed to range from "stiff" to "barely restrained hostility." Well, except during his musical interludes, which I enjoyed immensely -- they were tracks that hadn't been released yet.

Years later, I would find that Frank and the SNL cast and crew did NOT like each other -- Frank was put off by their loosey goosey attitude (they were famous for being sloppy all the way up to dress rehearsal, and Belushi in particular would loll around even during dress, but then get hyperfocused during live performance) and the SNL gang did not care for his prima donna artiste act; he was apparently rather arrogant, smug, and contemptuous of the whole "television" thing.

And of course, he did NOT do drugs, whereas the SNL cast ran on the stuff.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 10

34 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Looks like they got overwhelmed by orders, really. 

16K backers, when the previous onedidn't even clear 1K.

Then they screwed up the shipping by sending two games to some backers that had only backed for one...  

See that's what I thought at first, and I was quite understanding.

But things keep coming up that just don't sound right.

It all comes down to their "fulfilment partner" Golden Bell Studios (who are now the owners of the game, and possibly always were), they're supposed to have lots of experience getting Kickstarters out, but they keep having problems. Apart from Unbroken, there are at least two other currently fulfilling Kickstarters (that I know of) that they've had a hand in, that have run out of money for shipping. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

How reliable is Fantazation Miniatures?

Anyone has had any experience with them?

I'm thinking of placing an order, but I never did business with them before.

I have placed a number of orders from them.  They have good prices and, for items that are in stock they deliver quickly and efficiently.  That said, their website does not reflect what they have in stock very well and if you have one out of stock item you can wait months to even see movement on the order.  (I ordered a couple of bottles of citadel Shade paint and 6 months later I am still waiting.

My recommendation is before you order, call or email them with what you want and get someone in the store to verify what you want is in stock and available for shipment.  Do that and your order should be fine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Steven Sinovsky is les than impressed with the 'new' Win10 Start menu that was rolled out to testers by accident recently...   

Eh, Steven, maybe you shouldn't comment on other people's work since you made the worst GUI since Microsoft Bob. 

You made the PM in OS/2 1.3 look good...  

What did he do?

He created the User Interface in Win8...   

Just reading that I could hear Grump growling in my mind.

Him being of the opinion that a new UI should make work flow faster, not slower.

He once placed a bet about that with Duncan.

BIG mistake.

For Duncan. <_<

That ribbon was a great way to slow things down. PCs are NOT tablets!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Witcher has a weird interface.

I keep doing things that work in other games cough Skyrim cough, cough that just don't do what I expect in Witcher.

Also, jeez! there's a lot of cheesecake! :blink:

Other than that, I really like the game. The setting has depth.

But BD is not nearly as effective as an early warning system as she is in Skyrim. Dragons she can spot. Werewolves hiding in the trees... not really.

I think she is trying to spot the dragons.

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

It's for a board game called Unbroken.

They're having fulfilment issues (they didn't charge enough for shipping), which was understandable at first, but with every update they put out, things are adding up less and less.

But they have managed to get USA fulfilled (although they allegedly only managed this by fraudulently using a cheaper mail rate), and they've started on Canada so it can't be a total scam, despite sounding increasingly dodgy.

I'm only in for £15 so I'm not too bothered if I don't get it (although it does actually look like quite a good game), mostly I'm just confused.

It does NOT help that shipping charges are changing so fast and by so much.

Some artists I know have stopped shipping to Europe completely because of it. ::(:

And heavier items? Forget it!

• Like 7

Coffee...

How is it the end of July already?!? I'm ready for May... 

Spilled some paint last night. Scorched metal. Thankfully I knew where my iron golem was. 

IMG_20190729_213227__01.thumb.jpg.f1fe2a1e8aaa65360f1595afc0efeb45.jpg

I was not planning on starting it, but here we are...

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

frank-zappa-conehead-snl.png.e558bb8f3439d7ee59848a5a49ead46d.pngI was fortunate to have been just the right age to have seen the first generation of Saturday Night Live, with the original Not Ready For Prime Time Players. And I remember the times the show sort of went off the rails. And the time Frank Zappa was there was one of those times.

The energy was WEIRD that night, and Frank seemed a little odd and stiff. They ALL did. NOBODY was relaxed and on target, and at least one sketch seems to have gone meandering, instead of hitting its punch lines. I was familiar with Frank's music, and expected a much looser, more relaxed, funnier fellow. Instead, he seemed to range from "stiff" to "barely restrained hostility." Well, except during his musical interludes, which I enjoyed immensely -- they were tracks that hadn't been released yet.

Years later, I would find that Frank and the SNL cast and crew did NOT like each other -- Frank was put off by their loosey goosey attitude (they were famous for being sloppy all the way up to dress rehearsal, and Belushi in particular would loll around even during dress, but then get hyperfocused during live performance) and the SNL gang did not care for his prima donna artiste act; he was apparently rather arrogant, smug, and contemptuous of the whole "television" thing.

And of course, he did NOT do drugs, whereas the SNL cast ran on the stuff.

I’m not surprised Zappa wouldn’t like a “loosey-goosey” attitude.

He was notorious for his musical perfectionism, for gruelling rehearsals and rigorous practice, pushing himself and his bandmates to practice over and over and over until they knew their music backwards, forwards, sideways and perfect.

Between that and his not being into drugs he would not have meshed well with the early SNL crew.

• Like 8

On 7/22/2019 at 6:50 PM, Chaoswolf said:
On 7/22/2019 at 1:18 PM, TGP said:

No cookie for me today. No medical attention either. That happens next Monday. 

I sincerely hope that you just have a bad sprain or something like that. Leaving a broken bone alone for too long is bad ju-ju. It'll start to heal on it's on it's own. It won't necessarily heal correctly, though.....

I had my X-ray yesterday. Yesterday acted very Monday-ish but I made it to the appointment anyway. 

On 7/22/2019 at 9:15 AM, Corsair said:

@Pegazus & @TGP praying for you both.

Thanks. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, TGP said:

It would be nice to know if my wrist is broken.  :mellow:

And Huzzah!  The bones are OK

And! I got injected with medicine stuff / magic **potion.Now I get to wait three weeks to see if it works. 

(**It was actually a cocktail of lidocaine and some kind of steroid.)

• Like 14