Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I got a piece of my tongue cut off today.

On purpose.

In February I had chips and salsa and either slashed my tongue with a chip or chomped the tip really hard. I realized a few minutes later when it was in pain and had a gash. Hey, the salsa burn was strong. 

The gash mostly healed, except for a little flap that I continued to nip a few times a day, or it got stuck between my teeth and pulled. It became a sore little white nub, slowly growing and getting nipped more. 

I finally went to the dentist to get it snipped. Little sore spot where it was but only barely. It'll be all good tomorrow I think. And my tongue is back to normal without getting pulled around! Yay!!

Did they use the tongue guillotine?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

It was so much fun seeing my son fanboy over you in your Sophie costume last year at R-Con ::D:

Awww :wub: I'm glad I could make his day! 

I won't be doing the ball gown this year (as fun as it is, it's horribly impractical for this particular con, especially since I'll be teaching every day), but I will be doing Wild West Sophie. Since the only impractical part is the wings, I plan to dress up at least two of the days. ^_^

Which reminds me, I gotta order my wings! :wow:

6 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Rough sketch is done. Not bad for something cranked out over a couples hours after a several year hiatus, but normally these would take about a week.

100_0992.JPG.1fc7690b5b69da115e3f86f26daac87d.JPG

I'll be redoing it once I get the Nuclear Krill project done, which will likely take awhile. 

But yeah, looks like I'm back.

This...this is why I love the internet, because it allows things like this to happen. :wub:  :bday: You've made me so ridiculously happy you have no idea. :wub:  I'm also now intensely curious what this Secret Project is.... :ph34r:

In other news, I've discovered a new and exciting definition of insanity: trying to move to a new dwelling while simultaneously helping to make a movie, part of which has been filmed at our current place. This was all decided months ago, and there was no other good location, so...we went ahead with the shoot. 

There were excessive instances of this:

750ffd6238b74a76d902b3edd60c1cd8.jpg

(source: Strange Planet, a delightful little webcomic) 

There was also an absurd amount of real life Tetris between many humans and lots of big, expensive filming equipment in a small space. Astonishingly, nothing got broken and nobody got hurt. 

The filming at our apt is done, but the two most crucial shoot days are coming up this weekend: the day before we move, and the day of our move. And I'm both the Assistant Director and the Script Supervisor, so I'm kind of essential crew. 

:mellow:

It's a good thing I'm already highly trained in the art of "doing insane things because I can, darn it!" :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
11 hours ago, Pingo said:

So, eh, I’m having my gall bladder out in five weeks.

Didn’t want to distress anyone with my troubles when we didn’t know what they were yet nor what to do about them. I’ve been pretty uncomfortable this past two weeks and trying not to be too cranky on the internet. But now I’m diagnosed and scheduled, so yay.

It doesn’t seem to be dire emergency level, which is good. It means I can help move youngest into college before surgery.

I hope surgery goes well and will solve the problem for you.

Listen to the doctors, you will need to take good care of what you eat after this, but if you do you should feel better.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Work is weird.  They sent out an incredibly long email to everyone this morning.  On the plus side, it was actually readable on my work phone....

Hide contents

On the workplace front, seems us "effectively lowest on the totem pole" people are safe-ish... For now...  They're doing a complete change in the management, apparently....  But why you'd outright lay off all the branch managers (yup, ALL of them), those in logistics/operations...  Branch managers will be replaced with all of TWO people for the entire country..  And they're bringing in operations managers..

...Wait, did I read that email right?  They laid off people with the title Operations manager....  And are bringing in... Operations Managers... Oh, and in some places, it will be Territory Managers. <_<

One of our subsidiary branches wound up losing the guy who was running the show there, but after a brief talk, they wound up begging him to stay another week for transition.  That baffles me the most... Lay him off immediately, then go "oh wait, wow, there's... a lot of things you're taking care of while your drivers are on the road... Can you stay for a week?"

I would polish up the resume and maybe carefully look around for another work environment before things start dripping down the ladder.

Don't let them take you by surprise, so many changes in management aren't a good sign for the business.

Good luck!

I thought you might like this.

Dark Fable Maniatures has Caracals in their Ancient Egypt Range.

image.thumb.png.1587f701eecb48af76dbe40b1f070fc1.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 13
7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Work is weird.  They sent out an incredibly long email to everyone this morning.  On the plus side, it was actually readable on my work phone....

Reveal hidden contents

On the workplace front, seems us "effectively lowest on the totem pole" people are safe-ish... For now...  They're doing a complete change in the management, apparently....  But why you'd outright lay off all the branch managers (yup, ALL of them), those in logistics/operations...  Branch managers will be replaced with all of TWO people for the entire country..  And they're bringing in operations managers..

...Wait, did I read that email right?  They laid off people with the title Operations manager....  And are bringing in... Operations Managers... Oh, and in some places, it will be Territory Managers. <_<

One of our subsidiary branches wound up losing the guy who was running the show there, but after a brief talk, they wound up begging him to stay another week for transition.  That baffles me the most... Lay him off immediately, then go "oh wait, wow, there's... a lot of things you're taking care of while your drivers are on the road... Can you stay for a week?"

Hear that?

That's the 'Abandon Ship' alarm.  

Some muppet on the top deck have just pushed the self destruct, probably thinking it was an espresso machine...   

you want to be far, far way when the ship goes under, or they'll drag you down with it. 

(read: blame anyone who's still there for everything going wrong)

• Like 11
1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Awww :wub: I'm glad I could make his day! 

I won't be doing the ball gown this year (as fun as it is, it's horribly impractical for this particular con, especially since I'll be teaching every day), but I will be doing Wild West Sophie. Since the only impractical part is the wings, I plan to dress up at least two of the days. ^_^

Which reminds me, I gotta order my wings! :wow:

This...this is why I love the internet, because it allows things like this to happen. :wub:  :bday: You've made me so ridiculously happy you have no idea. :wub:  I'm also now intensely curious what this Secret Project is.... :ph34r:

In other news, I've discovered a new and exciting definition of insanity: trying to move to a new dwelling while simultaneously helping to make a movie, part of which has been filmed at our current place. This was all decided months ago, and there was no other good location, so...we went ahead with the shoot. 

There were excessive instances of this:

750ffd6238b74a76d902b3edd60c1cd8.jpg

(source: Strange Planet, a delightful little webcomic) 

There was also an absurd amount of real life Tetris between many humans and lots of big, expensive filming equipment in a small space. Astonishingly, nothing got broken and nobody got hurt. 

The filming at our apt is done, but the two most crucial shoot days are coming up this weekend: the day before we move, and the day of our move. And I'm both the Assistant Director and the Script Supervisor, so I'm kind of essential crew. 

:mellow:

It's a good thing I'm already highly trained in the art of "doing insane things because I can, darn it!" :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I've set up a thread for it in the Artistic Abuse section. The way I see it is Nuclear Krill belongs to the forum as a whole, and since it was the forum that provoked me into diving back into drawing, figured I'd take everyone along for the ride. Gives me an excuse and an outlet to ramble on about the process as well. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It occurs to me that Nuclear Krill and Illegal Kitty are the perfect hipster bands. So obscure no one has ever heard of them, and they'll never be mainstream :lol: 

Perfect way to out hipster the hipster! :devil:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Did you choose your pets based on matching colors?

Yes and no.

Those aren't my actual pets, I have three cats. One black, one white, and one gray.

The coloration is merely a coincidence, though.

• Like 8

Trying a new Chilli recipe today (I have trouble making chilli that isn't bland and watery).

So far this one is thicker but very tomatoey, but it still has several hours in the crock pot to go, plus the addition of chocolate and beans towards the end.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I would polish up the resume and maybe carefully look around for another work environment before things start dripping down the ladder.

Don't let them take you by surprise, so many changes in management aren't a good sign for the business.

Good luck!

I thought you might like this.

Dark Fable Maniatures has Caracals in their Ancient Egypt Range.

image.thumb.png.1587f701eecb48af76dbe40b1f070fc1.png

Well, to be honest, a number of us were expecting some sort of changes since we'd just hit the one year anniversary of the new merger, just not to this level.  The thing that baffles me the most is why you'd get rid of people who have very specific localized knowledge without some sort of transition put into place up front. 

I've been contemplating the idea of changing workplaces for a while anyways, simply because I'd like to have more spare money in the budget (a vehicle would be nice, for example), but at the same time this is the longest I've been at one workplace, and I really REALLY like some of the benefits, especially the whole "get to take work vehicle home" bit.  I can't drive it around on the weekend, but ten minutes travel time sure beats the hour or so bus would take. 

But yeah, there's definitely a lot more uncertainty in the air even compared to when a bunch of people were laid off a few years ago due to the recession.

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Hear that?

That's the 'Abandon Ship' alarm.  

Some muppet on the top deck have just pushed the self destruct, probably thinking it was an espresso machine...   

you want to be far, far way when the ship goes under, or they'll drag you down with it. 

(read: blame anyone who's still there for everything going wrong)

I think even someone who's deaf would hear that warning klaxon.  My current plan is weather the storm, but have a backup plan or three in place.  Naturally I will look at what else is out there, especially if it happens to be things that pay noticeably more. 

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Unruly said:

Oh, "O'Brien must suffer," how you made such wonderful TV out of making one man's pretend life miserable! No doubt due to Colm Meaney's ability to be the perfect everyman on screen.

Such a great show... And such great actors!

Coffee!

Staff BBQ tonight. Means I have to work late, but at least there will be free food and beer!

• Like 6