Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Froggy the Great

58 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I think even someone who's deaf would hear that warning klaxon.  My current plan is weather the storm, but have a backup plan or three in place.  Naturally I will look at what else is out there, especially if it happens to be things that pay noticeably more. 

This storm is very likely to become a sh!tstorm. 

They're getting rid of the current managers and 'those in the know' because those are the most well-paid people. 

The fact that they're critical to the running of the company doesn't matter; a chance to lower the expenses is more important. 

When things starts on the downward spiral, it will only get worse and worse. 

Soon they will start blaming the workers for any lost productivity. It doesn't matter that it's the new manglement that failed. 

They were after all hand-picked by the top, and must therefore be above reproach. 

The new manglement WILL talk. Both among themselves and to their buddies, also working in low manglement positions in other companies. And if they've singled out someone as the current 'scapegoat' that name will be spread around. 

So it's best to get out before they manage to notice you. 

A manager gives you a verbal order?  Afterwards, send him an email and ask for a clarification. 

Oh and CYA EVERYTHING. Any weird leaflets being handed around? Snap a pic with your cell-phone. 

any email that could cause you problems if it should 'disappear', copy out to an USB stick, and also take a screenshot with your phone. 

Don't let anyone see you do this, though.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Unruly said:

Yea... you gotta break the cat of that one quick or else the screen door is gonna be shredded in no time flat.

He regretted it almost immediately. He did it because I was outside on my phone so I could get internet to order food. Though, next time, I think I'll leave the screen door open and close the glass door - that he cant climb on

• Like 10

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Trying a new Chilli recipe today (I have trouble making chilli that isn't bland and watery).

So far this one is thicker but very tomatoey, but it still has several hours in the crock pot to go, plus the addition of chocolate and beans towards the end.

I thought Grump was joking when he told me he adds chocolate.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Tell me about it. Louise Fletcher makes you absolutely despise Kai Winn...

Louise Fletcher is known as a remarkably pleasant person, but durn, she plays some EVIL characters.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:
3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Trying a new Chilli recipe today (I have trouble making chilli that isn't bland and watery).

So far this one is thicker but very tomatoey, but it still has several hours in the crock pot to go, plus the addition of chocolate and beans towards the end.

I thought Grump was joking when he told me he adds chocolate.

It's not something I've tried before, so it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

• Like 4

Messaged Grump, he said to try Cincinnati Chili, which has chocolate, allspice, and cinnamon.

And is tradionally served over SPAGHETTI?!! :wow:

Okay, he suggests substituting rice. That makes me feel better. I would hate it if my husband went crazy(er).

Actually, it sounds kind of good. And we have everything for it. The recipe site says cloves, not allspice, but we HAVE allspice. I plan to drag him to karaoke, so this can be in the crockpot when we get home.

I'm turning into a Grump! ::o:

Substituting stewed tomatoes for the tomato sauce. THAT'S why it gets served over spaghetti! Add tomato paste to keep the flavor.

Yes, this is how Grump thinks. ^_^ I can see how things will go together.

No beans in this one.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Okay, that's different.

Jon has already submitted his character for the Blight game, even though it's not officially happening yet.

Something called a Deadeye Hexer. A witch gunslinger hybrid. Why didn't I know about this? It is what my sea witch is trying to do. And a dwarf for a change?

Seems like a good fit for the Blight, but a lot more shooty than Jon's normal choices.

This is the first time that Jon... wow, I think he has had this character ready for a while. He's normally one of the LAST to finish his character. I think he has been waiting to play this. TWO pages of character biography that I don't need to read. And even a sketch. :blink:

No way he fid this in three days.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

The recipe site says cloves, not allspice, but we HAVE allspice.

Yes! Good for you! Cloves are the spice of Evil! Anything cloves can do allspice can do better*!

*Except allspice cannot be either a topical anesthetic or a paint thinner, whereas cloves can be both. Not even kidding. :zombie:

• Haha 8

Both cloves and allspice numb my mouth fairly quickly, even small amounts of it. I like to use nutmeg.

Nutmeg makes me chuckle because it reminds me of when I became really good friends with a girl who was allergic to nuts. I love cooking for friends and so I was writing "NOT [name]" on all my nut containers.... and accidentally wrote it on the nutmeg too. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1