Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

18 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Never mind that someone always has to point out that a foil hat is actually an antenna and makes the mind-control waves more able to penetrate, not less.

I am that hero.

Careful, lest we rend thy thews asunder.

To block radio/mind control waves you need a full Faraday cage around the head, copper or brass wire mesh, and it must not have any holes larger than the wavelength of the waves you are trying to block. I repeat that it

must completely surround the head, so I am afraid it will have to come off... 

• Haha 12

I feel like a new paint set comprised primarily of blues and purples unfairly targets me. I'm not worried that Reaper is hiding in my house, watching me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

Husband left almost 2 hours ago. I am bored out of my mind. I've been browsing the YouTubes and filling out my planners. Doesn't help that we got up at...5ish? this morning. Might get a nap before I do anything else. But I probably just plan on finding some food soon and then going upstairs to the hobby room and do some cleaning and moving broccoli around.

Then I plan on sitting down and either working on the Fungal Queen for the FB quarterly contest OR the conversion that I need done by the end of the year. Ma'al is going on the back burner...again.

• Like 12

@Kangaroorex try this, it's pretty easy on a stomach. Toast 2 pieces of bread, then lightly butter them. Put a couple of slices of a mild cheese between and microwave. Almost a grilled cheese without all the extra butter from pan grilling.

Applesauce goes well with it too.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Never mind that someone always has to point out that a foil hat is actually an antenna and makes the mind-control waves more able to penetrate, not less.

I am that hero.

Depends on the angle from which the mind-control signals are coming. You can get a photon shadow effect if you put a conductor between you and the signal source, but it's not reliable.

As noted, though, if you want 360° protection, you need something more like a beekeeper's hat but with conductive mesh. What they* don't tell you, though, is that it also needs to be grounded, so you need at least a wire running down to golf spikes and ideally you want to be standing on damp ground. Fortunately, since the signals are carried as modulation on the 50 or 60Hz electrical carrier, the holes don't need to be very small, but a European spec wave shield won't work reliably in North America.

* I'm sure I don't need to go into the details of who 'they' are.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

But we need food every 24 hours at the least!

Wait make that 24 minutes...

Here have a snack!

correction...  For everyone else this forum runs on food.  For Glitterwolf it runs on glitter.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Depends on what ingredients you have and what you would like.

I can give you suggestions all you want.

Are you on a diet or is everything allowed?

It has to be pretty mild and free of any large quantities of lactose.  and I cant taste salt right now so beef it pretty much an exercise in texture, not flavor.  but no real restrictions other than those.

13 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@Kangaroorex try this, it's pretty easy on a stomach. Toast 2 pieces of bread, then lightly butter them. Put a couple of slices of a mild cheese between and microwave. Almost a grilled cheese without all the extra butter from pan grilling.

Applesauce goes well with it too.

The problem there is the melting cheese.  Cheeses young enough to melt easily usually have enough lactose to irritate my system (you strip the cilia out of your intestines you lose a lot of your ability to digest interesting food.)  might try it with an old gouda or cheddar though.

thanks

• Like 7

How about a salad with spinach, macademia nuts, strawberries, cucumber and a light dressing from olive oil/honey/lemon/ sugar/salt?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

This depends greatly open the physical configuration of the foil.   A flat beanie like shape will attenuate signals coming from the outside while reflecting your own brain signals back into your brain.   Foil hats with spikes or horns are just helping the information flow both ways. 

23 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

correction...  For everyone else this forum runs on food.  For Glitterwolf it runs on glitter.

It has to be pretty mild and free of any large quantities of lactose.  and I cant taste salt right now so beef it pretty much an exercise in texture, not flavor.  but no real restrictions other than those.

The problem there is the melting cheese.  Cheeses young enough to melt easily usually have enough lactose to irritate my system (you strip the cilia out of your intestines you lose a lot of your ability to digest interesting food.)  might try it with an old gouda or cheddar though.

thanks

When my colitis was at it's worst, one of my go to meals besides the chicken/rice combo was pasta with salad dressing - usually Italian or a mild balsamic.  It wasn't that different from the blandness of the chicken/rice, but I could at least vary the flavors and aesthetics by choosing different salad dressings and pasta types. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

thanks

You are in an opportune situation to try the impossible burger. From what I've heard they have the texture down pat.

I can't try it myself :down: It's made of evil allergy-inducing soy

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DocPiske said:

What is that in the distance?

Oh, it's the end of the thread. Carry on.

Shhh... not yet! Too early.

Returns to painting his End is Nigh ... Again signs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

How about a salad with spinach, macademia nuts, strawberries, cucumber and a light dressing from olive oil/honey/lemon/ sugar/salt?

That actually sounds pleasant.  I might have to give that a try, especially since my friend is being overrun with cucumbers this year.  Speaking of which, anyone have favorite recipes for cucumber salads?

11 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

This depends greatly open the physical configuration of the foil.   A flat beanie like shape will attenuate signals coming from the outside while reflecting your own brain signals back into your brain.   Foil hats with spikes or horns are just helping the information flow both ways. 

When my colitis was at it's worst, one of my go to meals besides the chicken/rice combo was pasta with salad dressing - usually Italian or a mild balsamic.  It wasn't that different from the blandness of the chicken/rice, but I could at least vary the flavors and aesthetics by choosing different salad dressings and pasta types. 

This also sounds like a step in the positive direction.  I currently have to reteach my innards how to function properly again and pasta usually works well for that without causing problems.  did you do that hot or cold?  Sounds like a pasta salad, never tried that combination hot...

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

You are in an opportune situation to try the impossible burger. From what I've heard they have the texture down pat.

I can't try it myself :down: It's made of evil allergy-inducing soy

Me and burgers don't get along at all.  the result of me surviving my medical issues left me with some problems, one of them being a mouth that wont open more than about a centimeter or so.  Above pain and soreness, this has to be one of the most irritating issues I have.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

14 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Speaking of which, anyone have favorite recipes for cucumber salads?

I wish I knew my oma's recipe for cucumber potato salad. It's delicious, and I'd share it in a heartbeat. But alas...

• Sad 6

17 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

This also sounds like a step in the positive direction.  I currently have to reteach my innards how to function properly again and pasta usually works well for that without causing problems.  did you do that hot or cold?  Sounds like a pasta salad, never tried that combination hot...

Yep, basically a really simple pasta salad. I'd usually eat it hot.  On occasion, I'd cook enough pasta for two meals, then eat half while it was warm, and the other half cold for a later meal.

It was attractive not just as a meal that wouldn't cause physical discomfort, but because it was simple and low stress to make. Since colitis is one of those diseases that unmanaged stress can make worse, it helped a lot on that side.  And though I was eating it regularly there for a time, I never managed to burn out on it - it is still my go to meal when my colitis starts to flare up again, which is about once or twice a year. 

• Like 7