Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Holy crap everything in Pathfinder 2, from design to marketing, looks like a complete dumpster fi--

I mean, good afternoon, e'er'body.

So far today I've had a ruined tire with only about 5k miles on it and a really disappointing rejection to a story.

And it's the hottest say of the year, pretty much. Blah. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Yipes. 

Was keeping the job contingent on passing the CPA exam or something?

No, but my boss and I just never clicked. :unsure:

Car's in the garage getting fixed. Few other issues getting taken care of as well. Not sure if I'll be driving home tonight or not. Depends on when the garage calls.

Did pull out my old paint stash...

IMG_20190812_110928__01.thumb.jpg.23c37957950ec471fb1615427546bfa8.jpgIMG_20190812_110855.thumb.jpg.723d3e9f03db7e2ae328210a9c57895e.jpg

And the girls are enjoying their time here.

IMG_20190812_143951.thumb.jpg.e9adc1d6753c9d554ad8a18b132b2e5e.jpg

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Holy crap everything in Pathfinder 2, from design to marketing, looks like a complete dumpster fi--

I mean, good afternoon, e'er'body.

There is a thread around here somewhere about PF2 - @TheAuldGrump's been predicting that for  months. 

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Isn't that likely to attract goblins? ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Just now, kristof65 said:

There is a thread around here somewhere about PF2 - @TheAuldGrump's been predicting that for  months. 

Yeah, I've seen the thread, though haven't checked in in a while. I recognized right away my PF days were finished, but I just looked at the releases for the first time and was a bit taken aback by how poorly everything looks and is being packaged even.

Oh, well, RIP 3x Paizo.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I can't try it myself :down: It's made of evil allergy-inducing soy

I've not heard of this impossible burger, but on the flipside, I love how you describe soy... 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah, I've seen the thread, though haven't checked in in a while.

I can't even find the thread now...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

That actually sounds pleasant.  I might have to give that a try, especially since my friend is being overrun with cucumbers this year.  Speaking of which, anyone have favorite recipes for cucumber salads?

Peal and slice the cucumbers into thin slices. Or cubes if you want some variation. When you dump it on your plate, add a good sized spoonfull of sourcream on one side, and fried salmon, herring or mackerel on the other side...   

The only other reason for cucumbers to exist is to make pickles. 

9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

No, but my boss and I just never clicked. :unsure:

Car's in the garage getting fixed. Few other issues getting taken care of as well. Not sure if I'll be driving home tonight or not. Depends on when the garage calls.

IMG_20190812_110928__01.thumb.jpg.23c37957950ec471fb1615427546bfa8.jpgIMG_20190812_110855.thumb.jpg.723d3e9f03db7e2ae328210a9c57895e.jpg

Let's hope that @buglips*the*goblin doesn't see that...   

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah, I've seen the thread, though haven't checked in in a while. I recognized right away my PF days were finished, but I just looked at the releases for the first time and was a bit taken aback by how poorly everything looks and is being packaged even.

Oh, well, RIP 3x Paizo.

The books I have are pretty enough. I just hate the system's bones.

I've kind of decided to give the new system 6 months, just so I have the basics (because friends), but we'll see how that goes.

• Like 7

My plan for PF2 remains the same.

Acquire all of the Adventure Paths I can. Continue to play PF1. Paint minis. Have fun.

I might, MIGHT I say, pick up some PF2 adventure paths and convert them back to PF1. Shouldn't be too hard. I've got all the Bestiaries here and I've done more difficult conversions before. Sometimes without advanced warning.

• Like 12

Just now, Gadgetman! said:

FTFY.

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

My plan for PF2 remains the same.

Acquire all of the Adventure Paths I can. Continue to play PF1. Paint minis. Have fun.

I might, MIGHT I say, pick up some PF2 adventure paths and convert them back to PF1. Shouldn't be too hard. I've got all the Bestiaries here and I've done more difficult conversions before. Sometimes without advanced warning.

Yeah, I'll still be playing PF1, because it's a good enough version of exponential power growth, class & level roleplaying. If I want something else, there are better choices than PF2.

• Like 8

Time to work on this Fungal Queen. After much searching, erasing, and settling I have found good colors. But first. mold lines!

• Like 11

This photoshop course really ramped up the difficulty after making me all proud of that cactus....

Ah well. Gotta stay humble so I can keep learning. ::D:

• Like 15

57 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Peal and slice the cucumbers into thin slices. Or cubes if you want some variation. When you dump it on your plate, add a good sized spoonfull of sourcream on one side, and fried salmon, herring or mackerel on the other side...   

Let's hope that @buglips*the*goblin doesn't see that...   

What makes you think that's not the goal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Speaking of which, anyone have favorite recipes for cucumber salads?

Cucumbers peeled and coarsely chopped, watermelon coarsely chopped, mint coarsely chopped, feta coarsely crumbled. Fast and yummy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I wish I knew my oma's recipe for cucumber potato salad. It's delicious, and I'd share it in a heartbeat. But alas...

I'm currently attempting to recreate the recipe without calling her. Thinking about it made me want it, and so I decided to give it a go. Knowing her, it's probably a very simple thing that's very much like her endive potato salad. A vinaigrette made with apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper is probably all that's required. Maybe, just maybe, a small amount of sugar. I'm trying it without the sugar. Got a big batch made and sitting in the fridge for a few hours because I'm terrible about estimating quantity, and it needs to soak for a while to be good.

If it works, or it at least turns out decent, I'll let people know.

• Like 9