Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

17 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Corrupted Santa has begun his campaign early this year I see...

Where is The Great Pumpkin when we need him????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's a Dire Avengers exarch! *flails arms*

Yeah, I think that's what he is... :rock:

Is he hard to find?

50 minutes ago, TGP said:

Filing this under: Fair Warning

Hide contents

IMG-0390.JPG

WANT!!!

but first, COFFEE!!

• Like 9

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I finally have internet again. You don't realize how much you rely on it until it's not there :unsure:

Just had a skim over the the last 6 days worth of posts, I can't believe I missed International Cat Day. Mind you, in this house every day seems to be Cat Day <_<

Commiserations to @Crowley, hope you get a better position soon. You really deserve a break right now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Corrupted Santa has begun his campaign early this year I see...

Everyone is naughty!

Except for Zoidberg. He gets a pogo stick.

• Haha 12

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Anybody ever play that Kingmaker PC game?

I've played it a little, and have quite enjoyed it so far; I like how so many of my choices really do affect the game. MrBoot has played more of it and also likes it, though he's found he has to use walkthroughs more than he'd like since one of the side effects of more choices means more opportunities for dead-ends and game overs. Also, random monster encounters can totally TPK you if you don't know how to handle that particular creature.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I actually think she looks prettier in the second pic, too.

Dang it, now I want Izzy to make a metalhead Sophie. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 14

1 hour ago, TGP said:

My local TV news may be trolling me:

Hide contents

holiday-coke-sprite-FT-BLOG0819.jpg?itok

Again,

Fair Warning 

Okay, when I was at the hospital for giving birth, they gave me this hella yummy drink: sprite plus cranberry juice. I’ve been drinking it ever since, so I can see how that sprite one might be okay. Not sure how the spices might work... the holiday associated spices aren’t thing I think about consuming cold. Seems... counter intuitive.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Where is The Great Pumpkin when we need him????

He is coming soon, and his wrath shall be terrible. 

As annoying as we find the ever earlier foisting of the "holiday season" marketing $%&&^*!$ery to be, on certain levels of existence, this is cause for war. The ad itself is merely a proxy/side effect for an attempt to destabilize the natural passage of Seasons, which would go a long way towards weakening the pillars of existence itself. Where we sit it might take awhile for the effects to be noticed, but once cracks start forming and things from the outer darkness start to worm their way in, and the poison that they emit starts seeping into the collective consciousness....yeah not good. Corrupt Santa himself is merely a tool for something else, but he's too far gone to care even if he knew. It's that corruption that is allowing him to move this early, the Unseelie, and the Skoli are still hampered by their natural limits, although they are growing stronger each day, the Great Pumpkin cannot act but only influence until Halloween, and the Seelie are still the short sighted dingbats they've always been, choosing to concentrate more on their own silly soap opera infighting bs, (GoT was not a good influence on them, even though it got them to dress better.), and so right now the Keebler Elves and Garden Gnomes are about the only ones doing anything useful, and that's mainly confined to logistics and armory prep. After what happened last year, the Keebler Elves are adamant about avoiding front line fighting, and the majority of the Gnomes are still having to fend off Mothman and the Channel 7 news team. 

(Before anyone asks, Agamenthar Our Coffee God was/is doing what he can but is somewhat distracted by His attempts at reconciliation with Our Lady of Tobacco. Neither of those two have a good sense of timing.) 

(I really should purple this...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Dang it, now I want Izzy to make a metalhead Sophie. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

she is a demon, doesn't that make her metal by default?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

she is a demon, doesn't that make her metal by default?

Fair point!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Where we sit it might take awhile for the effects to be noticed, but once cracks start forming and things from the outer darkness start to worm their way in, and the poison that they emit starts seeping into the collective consciousness....

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

So, I convinced my neighbor that I'm crazy and fearless.  

He called me and asked me to come over and kill this 'cottonmouth' in his front yard he was terrified of.  Turns out it was just a plainbelly water snake so I coaxed it into a pickle bucket and took it to the playa lake nearby and released it.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

41 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You like muzak? Because that's how we ended up with it! 

Sure it started off as Stimulus Progression to increase productivity, and an early attempt at mind control, but thanks to Jack Parsons mucking around in the desert, a crack was formed, something came through, and due to William Benton not knowing his #%% from a hole in the ground, it got trapped in the background loops and is still there, feeding off of people's despair over hearing the music they once enjoyed having it's soul sucked out! 

You want to hear the fun part? It was Ted Nugent of all people who came closest to banishing the thing when he tried to buy Muzak and shut it down in 86. 

Yep, Ted Nugent, defending us from Elder Things from the Outer Darkness! (there is a comic book idea in here, or at the very least a diorama...)

(Again, should probably purple this....)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10