Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 minute ago, Froggy the Great said:

Old news, but I just found an arrangement for lute, harp, and hurdy-gurdy of the sheet music printed on the butt of one of the damned souls in Heironymous Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights".  It's on youtube.

The sheet music to what?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Bah!

As I suspected, leaving my ghost mini overnight did not magically cause it's coat of Nighthaunt Gloom paint to do whatever special effect it was supposed to do.

Gotta think of a new colour scheme now, and stick to just buying washes from Games Workshops paint range in future.

What sorcery are you trying to achieve?

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, I think that's what he is... :rock:

Is he hard to find?

No? But most dire avenger squads that I've seen usually don't include him. I got a bunch of metal Eldar figures a little while ago, so they always cach my eye.

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

she is a demon, doesn't that make her metal by default?

Sophie is made of pewter, that makes her metal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Corrupted Santa has begun his campaign early this year I see...

"Why is Santa so jolly?"

"He knows who all the naughty girls are!"

• Haha 14

On one hand, the local cable company sends me promotional offers to switch my internet to them on a weekly basis. 

On the other hand, I can't get anyone from the cable company on the phone to discuss these offers. 

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Sophie is made of pewter, that makes her metal.

Well, yes. 

However, cosplaying at ReaperCon as the female equivalent of the Tin Man would present several logistical complications. The ballgown was difficult enough lol. 

I would have loved to make this year's full-plate armor Warrior Sophie work as a cosplay, but alas. I'd have needed an entire full suitcase just to transport it! :lol: So I'm doing Wild West Sophie this year. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Well, yes. 

However, cosplaying at ReaperCon as the female equivalent of the Tin Man would present several logistical complications. The ballgown was difficult enough lol. 

I would have loved to make this year's full-plate armor Warrior Sophie work as a cosplay, but alas. I'd have needed an entire full suitcase just to transport it! :lol: So I'm doing Wild West Sophie this year. 

Huzzah! 

don't suppose that full sophie plate would stand up on it's own so you could just buy the armor a seat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

don't suppose that full sophie plate would stand up on it's own so you could just buy the armor a seat?

:lol: I like the way you think. 

I doubt that the airline staff would be as amused, though. 

Huzzah! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

not sure they'd care as long as you tell them what it is and it fits in the seat, I know certain camera equipment and musical instruments fly that way

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

I bet the flight staff would be highly amused. TSA? Probably less so. 

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

To be fair, this was after multiple warnings and comments from the players about how the police would never do anything to them, they were PCs.  then they attacked an Aztek arcology (this was shadowrun) and got the house police involved.   It went downhill quickly for them from there. 

Wow. Even my lively group of idiots knows that you don't want to piss off the arcology. We were very proud of ourselves for figuring out how to smuggle things into and out of the arcology without getting caught. Then someone blew it up <_<  Fortunately no one, who isn't more responsible than we are, knows of the part we played in that. I mean, I just finished buying off the notoriety from the last building we blew up :rolleyes:

• Like 12

5 hours ago, kristof65 said:

RE: Rules Lawyers/Power Gamers:

in 25 years, i still haven't figured out how to classify these two guys we used to play 40k 2e with. 

They would quote rules during game play - when they joined the group, they were literally quoting various rules exactly as written.  After they'd been playing with us a while, they started quoting rules that didn't exist, and even referencing page numbers.   It took us several months to realize they had gone from being precise to bull-brocolliing us. 

Rules trolls.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7