Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Pass.  The Vietnamese have a drink called pickled lemonade where they juice a lemon, juice a pickle, and add sugar.  I assume its really good for restoring electrolytes but I have not tasted anything more horrible to me then or since, and in the name of medicine I have had to down some pretty vile concoctions.

One of those proofs:  just because something will go through a juicer does not mean it Should go through a juicer.

Feelin' sick just reading this. Thanks lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I've spent far too much of today crying, and now I've got a broccoli headache. Ugh. 

This calls for MOAR COFFEE and some advil... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 20

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

August 15, 1969:

Woodstock begins.

GEM

I miss those cars, I miss being able to spend a week lying on the ground listening to music and not caring about the fact that I'm not productive. :down:

• Like 10

On 8/14/2019 at 3:22 AM, TGP said:

My local TV news may be trolling me:

Hide contents

holiday-coke-sprite-FT-BLOG0819.jpg?itok

Again,

Fair Warning 

I was at Disney World a couple of Christmases ago and they had cranberry Sprite. It was really good. Don't know about the spices though.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I miss those cars, I miss being able to spend a week lying on the ground listening to music and not caring about the fact that I'm not productive. :down:

I miss the music and some of the vibe of the time.

Circa two months after that picture was taken, I was entering Navy Boot Camp in San Diego.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The air and water show must be coming up, judging from the very noisy sleek black pointy spiky wedge-shaped things thundering past.

(We're right under the flight path)

(Now I want to dress up in my vintage stuff and cheer on the WWII prop planes)

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Pass.  The Vietnamese have a drink called pickled lemonade where they juice a lemon, juice a pickle, and add sugar.  I assume its really good for restoring electrolytes but I have not tasted anything more horrible to me then or since, and in the name of medicine I have had to down some pretty vile concoctions.

One of those proofs:  just because something will go through a juicer does not mean it Should go through a juicer.

Yeah. Lemoons?  Honestly, the things people will try to drink!

When I was young and had yet to learn about sports drinks, I used a teaspoon of vinegar in a liter bttle of water.  

incredibly refreshing. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

When I was young and had yet to learn about sports drinks, I used a teaspoon of vinegar in a liter bttle of water.  

incredibly refreshing. 

Errr… that's my super secret cure for gout.  as long as its apple cider vinegar, it seems to work miracles. (straight vinegar works faster but is harder to keep down anymore)

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

incredibly refreshing. 

Very Roman of you, though I don't think they diluted the vinegar quite that much.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

August 15, 1969:

5688578_Aug151969-GoingtoWoodstock.thumb.jpg.d305c5673ad8fc4d47159e98bb488e18.jpg

Woodstock begins.

GEM

Scary for me is Woodstock is only 4 years old then me!! Age is just a number but when those numbers are significant...crazy.

Weds players finally met the Bone Devil. BD tore through half the party (Nasty CR 9 critter!!). First 5e creature I've used that both claws & tail attacks had a 10 ft reach too. Must be that time of the year when the gaming picks up at the store, as I had 8 players (8th player showed up like 5 mins before start, so I let him in. I had to turn away 2 regulars thou. One was way late from the start time, the other showed up after I filled my table. One player did stayed at the store to play board games (board game night) & afterwards one player left early so he jumped in to fill that character's spot till the end.

I also had a curious potential player show up & wanted to know how the game was played, so I let him observe. He said he'd try to show up Monday & create a character that day. I also had 1 new player (has previous 5e experience) play last night as well. Overall good night for the store as it was packed. It made it hard to hear some of my players but again, good vibe for the store.

• Like 9

Was waking up this morning and heard a bunch of loud booms. Turns out the military base is doing drills for like 3 days. Startled the broccoli out of me. We are much closer than we used to be since we moved.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Very Roman of you, though I don't think they diluted the vinegar quite that much.

Yes, and we all know what happened to the Roman empire... 

• Like 5