Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

4 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Was waking up this morning and heard a bunch of loud booms. Turns out the military base is doing drills for like 3 days. Startled the broccoli out of me. We are much closer than we used to be since we moved.

One day I forgot I had my Bluetooth speaker on & I started up a phone game & the initial noise started me as I thought it was something crawling on the floor near my feet. (speaker was near me) Whoops!!

Hey, I almost forgot, today is Thursday - Delivery day for my replacement printer. Dead-Ex is delivering it so who knows when it'll show up. I'm not a fan of Dead-Ex........

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Errr… that's my super secret cure for gout.  as long as its apple cider vinegar, it seems to work miracles. (straight vinegar works faster but is harder to keep down anymore)

My sister used to do a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning, back when the fad dieters got hold of it and the hype peaked. She moved on to kombucha then to protein powders then to veganism and now I have no idea where she is.

I might have to look into tricks for gout. My dad's genetic gift to me <_<

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yes, and we all know what happened to the Roman empire... 

Yes, but it took a loooooooong time!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

My sister used to do a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning, back when the fad dieters got hold of it and the hype peaked. She moved on to kombucha then to protein powders then to veganism and now I have no idea where she is.

I might have to look into tricks for gout. My dad's genetic gift to me <_<

Cider vinegar works for me.  Sour cherry juice is also supposed be effective.  the basic concept is to shock your system with a very acidic condition which will push your blood to an alkaline state and allow the uric acid to dissolve.  It is how a number of the anti Gout drugs work and seems to be effective, if a little counter intuitive.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

I was at Disney World a couple of Christmases ago and they had cranberry Sprite. It was really good. Don't know about the spices though.

So an unholy alliance between Corrupt Santa and Disney! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

ME TOO. *nervous laugh*

I have had my share, and it may sound cliche, but I think there are many forumites here who can agree, bad stuff happens, but there will be better times as long as you're willing to fight.

Don't let it get to you, you will find something and probably something better.

And don't be afraid to ask for help and/or advice if needed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Replacement printer arrived & is up & running correctly this time! Crazy how 1 missed step throw the entire printer off. Heck I even put it in a corner that just has had junk in it the past 5-10 years. Fancy!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yes, and we all know what happened to the Roman empire... 

It lasted for almost 1500 years, surviving through multiple religious and military revolutions?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Unruly said:

It lasted for almost 1500 years, surviving through multiple religious and military revolutions?

Thats the problem with empires...  Everyone remembers the 300 years of predominance, no one thinks about the 1200 years of decline.  The Brits are still an empire too...  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Oh! At the Retreat this year I'm running a kids game!

PF Beginner's Box. VoH. ::D:

I'll be running it at the same time as Grumpy's game, the one I'm not playing in.

Neither of us are going to the seminars and lectures this time, there was nothing new added this year, and one of my favorites isn't happening this time around.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1