Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Maybe 01402: Magnus, Wizard of Hope (or something like that)?

That's him! Thank you!

I cannot find him aaaaanywhere in the store, but that name pops a ton of hits on Google.

• Like 7

He was apparently a limited release figure.  I remembered seeing him in the old Figure Finder (since it contained almost all of Reaper’s catalog).  It was a good historical reference, and now it’s gone the way of all web pages, just bits in the noise...

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'll consider it if you will pit your crazy world leader against my crazy world leader and whoever wins we let a random homeless person have the new prime minister position

Why the purple? Sounds like a good offer to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

He was apparently a limited release figure.  I remembered seeing him in the old Figure Finder (since it contained almost all of Reaper’s catalog).  It was a good historical reference, and now it’s gone the way of all web pages, just bits in the noise...

I do believe Magnus was released after the attacks on 9-11 that year.

• Like 5

For those of you who seem to be having "problems" with neighborhood relations a bit of advice in the form of a visual:

635885396_BaggedTrash.png.a2af382dea63a27e1061bc3e1cc63abf.png

GEM

Twinkle Twinkle

• Haha 18
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

All three tables set up, Megan's and both of mine.

Background music for the first game - can you guess what kind of scene? ::P:

The Auld Grump

The sort of Parisian Cafe' where Toulouse Lautrec would have been comfortably at home?

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, Chaoswolf said:
On 8/14/2019 at 1:58 AM, Glitterwolf said:
On 8/13/2019 at 8:41 PM, Chaoswolf said:

listens-to-heavy-metal-once-32196304.png.5ebd102e4c163d9e11747c0e3a8785b0.png

And she already looks better!

:wub:

I actually think she looks prettier in the second pic, too.

p881.

Yeah.... Pretty sure we have a "type." :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

So... The Boys...

I was skeptical. It's a really good comic with more than its fair share of nastiness of all sorts. I wasn't sure Amazon was willing to go as far as they needed to in order to truly recreate it for a TV show. But I'm 4 episodes in, and so far I'm happy. Mostly.

There's a part of me that really wishes Simon Pegg could have played Wee Hughie, since he's who the character was physically modeled after in the book. I understand that he's a bit too old for the role now, and I like that they cast him as Hughie's dad as a very good nod, but seeing him in the show just made me want him to be Hughie even more. Plus, Hughie is supposed to be Scottish, not American. It's really been the only thing I'm not happy with so far.

I have a feeling that when I finish the episodes that are currently out I'm going to be anxiously waiting the next season. And I'm hoping they start bringing in the stuff about The Boys themselves having superpowers. And the parts where they tear through a bunch of the lesser super teams...

Also, tonight I got to tow my first car of the new school year! Booted the car, came back two hours later and saw that the boot was in a different position than it was when I put it on. Checked the boot closely, and they'd apparently tried to drive with the boot on. There was a 4-5 inch long scrape on the ground where the boot was dragged backwards, and there was a nice orange mark on their tire from where the boot's tire claw rubbed against it while it was trying to rotate.

So goodbye, car! Hello, bigger bill for the person who owns the car and thinks they can get away with that kind of crap!

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'll see your Irish gangster rap, and raise you SCOTTISH PIRATE METAL!

Alestorm---Keelhauled

I'll raise you DUTCH PAGAN METAL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWl77aXZ0Ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7s7bBqP7U

8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Thats the problem with empires...  Everyone remembers the 300 years of predominance, no one thinks about the 1200 years of decline.  The Brits are still an empire too...  

Now, now...let's not exaggerate...::P:

5 hours ago, Zink said:

I used to have a rule to never refuse free booze or free food. I'm now much more discerning and will refuse a small percentage of the time when it's really nasty. The upswing of nasty booze is that the first shot or two usually kills the taste buds. Don't get that effect as often with the foods.

Although I love free food I will certainly take care where it came from, who made it and what's in it before I accept it.

Booze..I like a little drink every now and then, but when I'm somewhere where free booze is offered, I usually have to drive, so I will turn it down.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Also, tonight I got to tow my first car of the new school year! Booted the car, came back two hours later and saw that the boot was in a different position than it was when I put it on. Checked the boot closely, and they'd apparently tried to drive with the boot on. There was a 4-5 inch long scrape on the ground where the boot was dragged backwards, and there was a nice orange mark on their tire from where the boot's tire claw rubbed against it while it was trying to rotate.

So goodbye, car! Hello, bigger bill for the person who owns the car and thinks they can get away with that kind of crap!

People can be weird ^ about cars.  Or thinker than you drunk they are. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-pushes-bmw-into-river-birthday-gift-parent-india/

People can be very ^ weird about cars. 

Maybe, there was an antelope making a fuss. Do you have antelope in WV?

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'll see your Dutch metal and raise you MONGOLIAN METAL! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xZUr0BEfE

Note: this is also one of the most absolutely drop-dead incredible music videos I've ever seen. The production values, as well as the beautifully timed transitions, are simply stunning. 

Bonus: They did a song called Wolf Totem too. ::D: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I'll see your Dutch metal and raise you MONGOLIAN METAL! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xZUr0BEfE

Note: this is also one of the most absolutely drop-dead incredible music videos I've ever seen. The production values, as well as the beautifully timed transitions, are simply stunning. 

Bonus: They did a song called Wolf Totem too. ::D: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I'm familiar with the HU!

Love them, hope they will release more soon.

I think I posted Wolf Totem before in the Reaper Radio Thread.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1