Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Do you think trash is sad when we throw it away? When I was a kid I kind of imagined I could hear the wrappers and baggies and stuff from my lunch cry out in terror when I threw it away at school every day.

I always thought it was just the stuff with faces that would feel such. What worried me as a kid was the idea that an army of discarded things with faces was forming in the landfills, dead set on revenge against humanity....

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I always thought it was just the stuff with faces that would feel such. What worried me as a kid was the idea that an army of discarded things with faces was forming in the landfills, dead set on revenge against humanity....

Given the amount of methane being produced in our landfills, they may be a large portion of our downfall. Probably more our own folly than any garbage anthropomorphism, but hey...

• Like 7

Guh. Finally started getting metal minis up on eBay, and I'm not gonna lie: Over the years I assembled a rather stellar collection of minis that I'll never paint. Kinda sad about sending them off again.

• Like 9

EEEEEEE!

WWII prop planes sighted!!

:wub:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Okay, dentist appointment went okay. Eye exam next week. 

Time for lunch!

I need to find a new dentist.  really hate when they make it seem like its your fault because you cant comply with their requests.  (In my case I cannot open my mouth very wide, its physically not possible, so halfway through the appointment the dentist stopped the hygienist and told me to come back when I wouldn't be wasting their time)  I have really rotten luck with dentists.

31 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

13 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Given the amount of methane being produced in our landfills, they may be a large portion of our downfall. Probably more our own folly than any garbage anthropomorphism, but hey...

I really wish I had the capital to start a mining operation.  I cannot believe that older landfills would not be worth their weight in gold in partially processed raw materials. For the most part you could mine the metals and use the methane to power the equipment.  Basically the worlds largest long term recycling operation.  It wouldn't work with modern landfills, given recycling and the fact that most of them pick the valuable metals out of the trash stream but a closed landfill from the 40s or 50s should be minable.  As a bonus, your digging through dirt, not rock, making it much easier on your equipment.  But I don't have the capital or the energy to do the venture so I can only hope someone else catches on...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

So my Doctor wanted me to get blood work done (just usual stuff, been a while).  So I'm now working in a new province and only home on weekends (when blood collection is closed).  I thought "No problem, work has 2 full time nurses who can do blood work and send it to the lab". Came back, set up an appointment for next Tuesday.  Got a call from one of the nurses a bit ago.  The lab can't send my blood work results anywhere unless I have a NB health card or a NB doctor (I have an NS card and doctor). So I check the web site.  I can't get an NB card until I've been here at least 3 months (so almost 2 months from now).  And I can't go on the waiting list for an NB doctor until I have an NB health card....

So I guess I'll be getting my blood work done in NS, when I can figure out a good "work from home" Monday or Friday so I don't have to take a vacation day to get freaking blood work done.

• Sad 15

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:
42 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Okay, dentist appointment went okay. Eye exam next week. 

Time for lunch!

I need to find a new dentist.  really hate when they make it seem like its your fault because you cant comply with their requests.  (In my case I cannot open my mouth very wide, its physically not possible, so halfway through the appointment the dentist stopped the hygienist and told me to come back when I wouldn't be wasting their time)  I have really rotten luck with dentists.

Uff... That's terrible, and yeah, you need to find a new dentist. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I struggle to fathom the incident that would follow a dentist's pulling something like that on me, but I'm quite certain the fire department would be involved.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 10

My solution to dentists who are jerks is to bite them. They already have their fingers in my mouth after all.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

My solution to dentists who are jerks is to bite them. They already have their fingers in my mouth after all.

The problem with that is you have to get your teeth open wide enough to catch them.  I have about a half inch on a good day.  its not my fault that my muscles wont respond but somehow people can make you feel like you are failing them.  It's not like I want to be here.  (Sigh)

• Sad 13

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

I would have suggested my dentist, but as he's in Norway... 

(He specializes in 'special cases', reconstructive work, implants and all that, but also does 'regular work'. I don't mind travelling 2 hours one way for an appointment when I know that the dentist takes you and your issues seriously)

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

The problem with that is you have to get your teeth open wide enough to catch them.  I have about a half inch on a good day.  its not my fault that my muscles wont respond but somehow people can make you feel like you are failing them.  It's not like I want to be here.  (Sigh)

Half an inch is enough for a fingertip. NIP NIP :poke: You can do it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I would have suggested my dentist, but as he's in Norway... 

(He specializes in 'special cases', reconstructive work, implants and all that, but also does 'regular work'. I don't mind travelling 2 hours one way for an appointment when I know that the dentist takes you and your issues seriously)

A 12 hour plane trip is a bit much for a checkup though.  But yes I have been known to travel up to 3 hours to see a doctor that knows my issues and how to handle them.

• Like 10

Quoting from the Bones 5 Enthusiasm thread.  My question is off topic for that thread:

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I’ll probably do the same I did for B4, which was to start at the core $100, and then monitor for pieces I’d be willing to buy at retail. Once those sums go over the KS cost, then I’ll pony up some more cash. With having four Bones backed now, I’m running out of space and considering speed painting older figures I have little interest in, then pushing them out to eBay just to be rid of them.

Is this something you've done before?  

In a general sense, does speed painting add to value or subtract?  I'm curious how it works out in practice.

This is a question open to anyone, by the way.  I've never looked into buying speed painted figures, so I'm not sure how common it is to sell them.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I quite enjoyed season 1, although I didn't have the background from the book.

Season 2 out yet????

They're doing a lot of things different from the book. And I mean a lot. In the book, they're killing supes all the time because The Boys all have superpowers of their own. But in the show they've made it a near impossibility to kill supes. And from what I've seen they don't seem to have superpowered villains, as in actual villains everyone knows are villains, which also exist in the book. The book is very much a "if comics were real life" situation, and The Boys are who are meant to deal with the supes when they get too far out of line.

But, unlike The Walking Dead, I can get behind a lot of the changes I've seen so far. It almost makes we want to go and check out Preacher again and see if it got better or not.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6