Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Citrine hope they can get that under control.

@Crowley shoudn't/ isn't there a law or something that forces the city to give notice beforehand?

It sounds very strange to me, but maybe that's because I'm Dutch..

Yes, coming from a civilized nation I can see your confusion. 

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

1814004741_NonPoliticalPost.png.0183bab9955dacc145777aa4e5725332.png

I do believe that Crowley is dealing with the Byzantine and Arbitrary bureaucracy of  NEW YORK CITY.

"New York City" is a special place, with special attitudes, both on the part of the inhabitants and in how much of the rest of the country views both The City and those who live there.

There have been whole advertising campaigns built around these attitudes, both positive and [especially] negative.

It's a cultural thing that is sometimes hard for those not living here {USA} to fully understand.

GEM

Accurate. Completely, 100% accurate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Crowley I'm sitting here with a bowl of chips and a second bowl of Pace Picante Sauce.

I'm sure you understand the genesis for the second to last statement I made based on that one additional fact.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Using Swallow Whole on the PCs of young players was just as enjoyable as I thought it would be, especially when after eating the gnome the giant frog started hopping away, belly full! :lol:

The small frogs didn't get to swalow anybody, but they did more damage, flanking the heroes as they tried to save the gnome sorcerer. They had to hole up to recover, the sorcerer was in negative HP by the time they rescued her! Good thing they had Elmo with them.

The sorcerer did much better when the party hit the brigands, and the party managed to take most of them alive, only killing one brigand and the 2nd level leader.

The snake didn't manage much, I had it slither away after losing half its HP in round one, before it even got to attack. Poor lil snakey!

The party has started to mistrust Elmo, and think he is too good at killing things to be on their side. :devil:

Only one more session, we'll see how far they get. ::):

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh yeah, I have no problem with painting nails, I've just never, uhm, done such. 

Work doesn't really care, but for me I think it's one of those not having a clue where to start aaaand I just like looking at the pretty, and vibrant, colours ^_^;;;;

Helps with ambidextrous brush control; especially if you have short nails. Don't forget the basecoat; a lot of the stronger colours will bleed through and colour the nail.

And..... you can practice your freehand! Great fun.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, alchemist said:

Pffft... If you want to decorate your nails, at least do something mini-related. ::P:

Hide contents

1838683162_Dc_U-62U8AA75wR.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.a057621ac89904e8e46d694d1d5c97dd.jpg

How's practicing your freehand /not/ mini-related? Or brush control? 

... although I do wonder what kind of flock the artist used for that particular manicure... 

Edited by Sylverthorne
  • Like 11

My bees are starving! :down:

Checked the hive boxes yesterday. Light as a feather! I could count the number of cells containing liquids without exceeding goblin math limits. That is a very bad situation! I think they were not getting enough to survive, and had depleted their early summer stores. Luckily, the queen was still laying, so there are still bees in the pipeline.

I’d given them a couple of Cool-Whip bowls full of syrup this last week, which seemed to get emptied over the course of a day. But I think they wiped those out really early because I have been working from the dining room all day and can watch the bowl. First bowl took two hours. Now that they know where it is, they polish off the bowl in a half hour or so! Some of the bees are not mine, as I see some with solid black abdomens. Others are wasps (three species so far) and sweat bees. But the bees from my hive have the advantage of home turf, and make a much shorter trip there and back. The insects gathered at the feast will polish off a 4 pound bag of sugar today alone. I may do the same tomorrow.

As one comment I found stated, sugar is a lot cheaper than new bees!

And here’s a photo of the bee’s dining table. The pine needles are there to help prevent drowning.

D925FA6A-37C3-41D9-9207-3D37FD95B56A.thumb.jpeg.f7d0595d32dedc810f32ea0fdacaa0e8.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

@Crowley I'm sitting here with a bowl of chips and a second bowl of Pace Picante Sauce.

I'm sure you understand the genesis for the second to last statement I made based on that one additional fact.

GEM

Honestly... no... But then I actively avoid advertisements. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

My bees are starving! :down:

Checked the hive boxes yesterday. Light as a feather! I could count the number of cells containing liquids without exceeding goblin math limits. That is a very bad situation! I think they were not getting enough to survive, and had depleted their early summer stores. Luckily, the queen was still laying, so there are still bees in the pipeline.

I’d given them a couple of Cool-Whip bowls full of syrup this last week, which seemed to get emptied over the course of a day. But I think they wiped those out really early because I have been working from the dining room all day and can watch the bowl. First bowl took two hours. Now that they know where it is, they polish off the bowl in a half hour or so! Some of the bees are not mine, as I see some with solid black abdomens. Others are wasps (three species so far) and sweat bees. But the bees from my hive have the advantage of home turf, and make a much shorter trip there and back. The insects gathered at the feast will polish off a 4 pound bag of sugar today alone. I may do the same tomorrow.

As one comment I found stated, sugar is a lot cheaper than new bees!

And here’s a photo of the bee’s dining table. The pine needles are there to help prevent drowning.

D925FA6A-37C3-41D9-9207-3D37FD95B56A.thumb.jpeg.f7d0595d32dedc810f32ea0fdacaa0e8.jpeg

What’s going on? Arn’t there flowers?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

What’s going on? Arn’t there flowers?

Probably a summer dearth. There are flowers but with it so warm, there may just not be enough nectar. Fall flowers should be coming soon. 

Add on top that this is a new colony, and I started late. They probably didn’t have much time in spring to build up stores nor workers. First year blues kinda. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Since I missed International Cat Day.......Happy International Black Cat Day everyone!

DSCN0222.thumb.JPG.0e2e52a59632c8014354f1815effe93f.JPG

Is it really? 

If so...Merlin says hello.

15660925065215310379992962056596.thumb.jpg.9072e9153016985eca6e66077b44b3a1.jpg

Though it looks like he may be a dark brown instead. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Probably a summer dearth. There are flowers but with it so warm, there may just not be enough nectar. Fall flowers should be coming soon. 

Add on top that this is a new colony, and I started late. They probably didn’t have much time in spring to build up stores nor workers. First year blues kinda. 

All those troubles, and still robbing to worry about too. First year hives are difficult. If it is too hot to forage well that'll hurt a bunch :(

• Like 7

The first group has faced their dragon for the first time - he fled when he lost 75% of his HP, but dealt a lot of damage.

They thought they were facing a haunted castle, and they were - it's just that the ghosties were not the big nasty, which was the shadow dragon that had killed the folks that became the ghosties. I am expecting some PC deaths tomorrow. The dragon has been an ambush predator from the start, and already killed one PC last year. (It has a human form - they thought she was a witch....)

*EDIT* The party also took a fair amount of damage from a zombie bronze dragon, in the caverns below the House on the Cliff. Thie shadow dragon killed the bronze about forty years before.

There is a chance that when the shadow dragon dies then the whole cliff gives way, dropping house, dragon, and PCs into the sea.

The second group has tracked their dragon to its lair - they are facing the redneck dragon that I used in the adult Beyond the Borderlands game. Three times he has flamed them, and flown off laughing. Killed entire villages, cattle, horses, sheep.... Not just evil, he is a compleate broccoli. ::P:

If they can slay the dragon then they shall become lords of the manor. One has had a sword of dragon bane for at least two levels - and has favored enemy Dragon... I figured it was time to give him what he was built for - though his animal companion was one of the casualties from the dragon's strafing run. He's having his woof woof raised from the dead.

The party is still wounded, and the dragon has only taken incidental damage - but they also have plenty of healing, and two days of travel to reach the dragon on foot. (Horses are now flame broiled, except for the paladin's mount.) They are going to have to be sneaky, since the dragon is now actively seeking them.

I have heard maybe a dozen conversations about Endgame this weekend... pagans are nerds! :lol:

The Auld Grump - this will wrap up both arcs - I will be starting a new arc for 1st level characters next year.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7