Jump to content

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.


Froggy the Great
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

While I do agree that pants are evil, they do have their uses in colder climates.  Sure, you can wear shorts in -20C weather, but pants keep your legs warmer.....  especially in winter winds.

Grump was wearing a kilt for the bbq yesterday. ::P:

 

Men should wear kilts more often.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Really glad you got to a hospital in a timely fashion @Green Eyed Monster, sending thoughts and hugs to both of you.

 

 

A what?!? ***googles*** Well, that's a thing:blink: 

 

I think i approve, I mean more kilts in the world is a good thing right?

Grump has three, now, and doesn't wear them nearly often enough.

 

He wore the green one yesterday. ::):

 

He had one and I bought him two more, they are sturdy, attaractive, and show off his legs. He has NICE legs!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
12 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

but she also was added to the list.

 

edit, no wait she's gone again...

It looks like Reaper is in the middle of updating the new releases page as it changes every time I look at it.

 

Going to give them a few minutes.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Good thing I put the image on Flickr - it was about to auto renew on the 4th, and $50 is more than I am willing to spring for it. (I have only about 500 images on it.)

 

Need to sit down with Megan, and see how much she has on her account. (If she is near the 1,000 mark then I have no problem with slipping the $50 to her account instead.)

 

It doubled in price last year.

 

The Auld Grump

Not for $50 I don't!

 

Why'd it double in price?! $25 was a yes, $50 is a no!

14 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hmm. I guess all D&D novels are dead. I hadn't realized they'd plumb killed the line. Sad.

 

I mean, they were always terrible, but still. Sad.

 

Where oh where to find my D&D fix now. Pathfinder Tales, I guess, but eh.

Part of the EPIC stupidity that was the entirety of 4e.

 

And they managed to piss off some of the authors so bad. :grr:

 

I only now realize that Salvatore was such a jerk to our staff because Wizards was being a bigger jerk to him, so it all ran downhill. Jenny worked with him at Waldenbooks, and I guess he was a pretty nice guy, then.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got 50 emails to sort through, which is barely ticking over. Was all prepared to sit down and work out the details of my business trip before being reminded by my manager that it would be to the east coast of Florida so... might need to wait on that for a bit. 

 

Spent last night sleeping fitfully, with hobby hijinks and an Open entry plan pouring through my brain.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

It's about 5:00 PM and we are still in Denton.

We have had a medical emergency.

Cathy started complaining about double vision around noon yesterday.

She napped most of the afternoon but was up for the Farewell Dinner at Houlihan's, then went back to the room to start organizing packing of her stuff.

This morning I noticed some cognition issues, over and above the normal "tto much fun, con exhaustion" level.

Shew was also still complaining of double vision, which was a concern but something we had been cautioned about as a possibility after her recent Cataract/Glaucome Surgery [yes, they can now d a combined proceedure surgery for these].

Took her to Urgent Care who imediately handed her off to the Denton "Medical City" Hospital, which the clerk at U.C. said was "Right next door".  I had spotted the hospital from I-35 on th way down, but "right next door" in Texas turns out to involve about a half a mile of linear travel.  ER jumped on her situation s soon as we started describing symptoms, which are among the list of early symptoms for Stroke.  They haven't completely ruled out a Stroke, which they won't do until after her MRI and the review of all the tests that have been done but it is looking like TIA, the long version of which is Transient Ischemic Attack.

TIA can be a precursor for  a Stroke but when treated [and she is getting good and thorough treatment] including meds as indicated it doesn't ~have~ to be.

I'm in the HVU {Heart Vascular Unit} with her and will be until she is released as they have a utilitarian but comfortabe recliner chair in each of the rooms in this unit with no set visiting hours.  Her dinner will be delivered shortly and I have "road rations" of crackers, cheese, summer sausage, and assorted other commestibles, including shortbread cookies {Walker's} to sustain my own nourishment needs.

#1 Daughter Unit has been called and as expected she didn't quite freak out.  She is a strong woman and took it about as well as could be expected [she takes after her mother in that respect] and it will be her job to let the Grandkidlets know that "Nana has had a problem".  She is prepared to drop everything and fly down here to fly Nana back to our part of the country, should that be necessary.

Part of the problem we are dealing with is low Magnesium and Potassium, something we have had to deal with before.  They have her on an IV drip to get the levels back in balance.

I'll keep you posted.

GEM

Worried but thankful it isn't worse.

 

Saw you talking about her health issues yesterday but somehow missed this entire immediate part. Hope she's doing better today, dude.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Not for $50 I don't!

 

Why'd it double in price?! $25 was a yes, $50 is a no!

 

I pay less for my RL website, email, and even a .com domain...

(They have templates for galleries and blogs and stuff)

Of course, I only have 50GB storage(on SSD).

 

For 50% more, I could upgrade to the 'wordpress pluss' account and get 200GB storage...   

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

I pay less for my RL website, email, and even a .com domain...

(They have templates for galleries and blogs and stuff)

Of course, I only have 50GB storage(on SSD).

 

For 50% more, I could upgrade to the 'wordpress pluss' account and get 200GB storage...   

 

I wish mine was that cheap, but something about "no limits" hosting makes it more expensive... 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

It's about 5:00 PM and we are still in Denton.

We have had a medical emergency.

Cathy started complaining about double vision around noon yesterday.

She napped most of the afternoon but was up for the Farewell Dinner at Houlihan's, then went back to the room to start organizing packing of her stuff.

This morning I noticed some cognition issues, over and above the normal "tto much fun, con exhaustion" level.

Shew was also still complaining of double vision, which was a concern but something we had been cautioned about as a possibility after her recent Cataract/Glaucome Surgery [yes, they can now d a combined proceedure surgery for these].

Took her to Urgent Care who imediately handed her off to the Denton "Medical City" Hospital, which the clerk at U.C. said was "Right next door".  I had spotted the hospital from I-35 on th way down, but "right next door" in Texas turns out to involve about a half a mile of linear travel.  ER jumped on her situation s soon as we started describing symptoms, which are among the list of early symptoms for Stroke.  They haven't completely ruled out a Stroke, which they won't do until after her MRI and the review of all the tests that have been done but it is looking like TIA, the long version of which is Transient Ischemic Attack.

TIA can be a precursor for  a Stroke but when treated [and she is getting good and thorough treatment] including meds as indicated it doesn't ~have~ to be.

I'm in the HVU {Heart Vascular Unit} with her and will be until she is released as they have a utilitarian but comfortabe recliner chair in each of the rooms in this unit with no set visiting hours.  Her dinner will be delivered shortly and I have "road rations" of crackers, cheese, summer sausage, and assorted other commestibles, including shortbread cookies {Walker's} to sustain my own nourishment needs.

#1 Daughter Unit has been called and as expected she didn't quite freak out.  She is a strong woman and took it about as well as could be expected [she takes after her mother in that respect] and it will be her job to let the Grandkidlets know that "Nana has had a problem".  She is prepared to drop everything and fly down here to fly Nana back to our part of the country, should that be necessary.

Part of the problem we are dealing with is low Magnesium and Potassium, something we have had to deal with before.  They have her on an IV drip to get the levels back in balance.

I'll keep you posted.

GEM

Worried but thankful it isn't worse.

 

Hoping everything is still going well. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...