Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I call that 'being married'.

Amazingly enough, Megan often suffers from the exact same problem! ::o:

A mystery is what it is, a mystery! ::P:

The Auld Grump - we both know where things are supposed to be, we just sometimes disagree as to where that place is.

You were on thin ice until the second line. <_<

• Haha 13
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wooo I finished a figure tonight! Roan Heartwood is a druid and the dog cleric's former master; he was her animal companion before she was slain by vampires. Lovely character. Everyone adored her and

Delivered by c-section (), 3:59pm May 8, 2019, 7lbs 10oz, 20 inches.    She started out purple, but quickly turned pink.

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery.  I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was t

Posted Images

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery. :down:

I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was the head of the Medical Rescue Team.  He was a 30+ year fire fighter.

He was an amazing guy, funny, open, honest and always with a hilarious story. And the best of the best when the sh!t hit the fan. There are a significant number of racers that are only still with us because of Tim.

He took care of the big stuff, but he handled every injury, no matter how small.

tim_with_kid.thumb.jpg.e158ec46132ae8297aafc44673ccdff2.jpg

The outpouring on FB has been overwhelming today. He touched so many lives.

The track won't be the same without him. He can't be replaced.

Some days life sucks.....

:down:

• Sad 36
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

CanadaPost is usually pretty good about such things.  Since you're the shipper, you could give their customer service line a call if the package had a tracking number - the sorting machines will either auto-adapt for this, or it will be flagged for manual verification. 

Was the mistake in the first three or second three digits of the postal code?  If first three, it might be a problem (that more than likely will be caught, and fixed automatically), if second set machines probably won't have an issue as the first three are what's primarily used for sorting, since those are neighborhood codes typically. 

Its in the second set, the second last 8 should be a B.

I'm actually more worried that the Dutch Postal Services won't know what to do with it and return it.

That will cost me an extra shipping to Canada.

@Jasper_the_2nd

My sympathies!

Losing a friend is awful!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Just got an update, surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Then a couple of days in ICU, then to the CCU for a nother couple of days, then home. 

I don't even want to think about the hospital bill. 

My dad’s valve replacement 18 years ago was $75k, but because it was deemed medically needed he paid just over $1k of that. Hope the billing goes in your BIL’s favor in much the same way. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

So, I woke up to terrible news.  A good friend passed away last night during emergency surgery. :down:

I'm pretty gutted, as is everyone who knew him.  Big Tim was the heart of our race track.  He was the head of the Medical Rescue Team.  He was a 30+ year fire fighter.

He was an amazing guy, funny, open, honest and always with a hilarious story. And the best of the best when the sh!t hit the fan. There are a significant number of racers that are only still with us because of Tim.

He took care of the big stuff, but he handled every injury, no matter how small.

tim_with_kid.thumb.jpg.e158ec46132ae8297aafc44673ccdff2.jpg

The outpouring on FB has been overwhelming today. He touched so many lives.

The track won't be the same without him. He can't be replaced.

Some days life sucks.....

:down:

So sorry to hear this. 

So got told by the school yesterday that my oldest who's in grade 11 has to have a smart phone and we need to buy him one immediately. The wife gave him an old iphone that she hasn't used for a couple year so we'll see how that goes over. He said he's the only kid in class without one. We've just never seen the point because the school is a 5 minute walk from our house and he never really goes anywhere without us. And if he did everyone else has a phone. I barely use my cell and kind of get annoyed with everybody "needing" to have one up their ........... 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Zink said:

... has to have a smart phone and we need to buy him one immediately.

"Really. Well send a check home with him to include the cost of the phone and service for the year and I'll get right on that."

I can't think of anything that needs to be done in school that can't be handled by some combination of a calculator and a classroom desktop computer. And both of those are really just conveniences.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'm so sorry.  I wish I had something more to say.

5 minutes ago, Zink said:

So got told by the school yesterday that my oldest who's in grade 11 has to have a smart phone and we need to buy him one immediately.

Huh?  Why?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 9/3/2019 at 9:31 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

It looks like Reaper is in the middle of updating the new releases page as it changes every time I look at it.

Going to give them a few minutes.

I was so confused about the ReaperCon Sophies. They kept showing up and then disappearing then with no photos. I decided that there was a problem with the store. I wound up ordering what I wanted from another site. 

• Like 8

Smart phones are great but I don't understand exactly *needing* one. A phone in general? Yeah, probably should have that. Access to a computer? Yeah. It is very convenient to have maps in the smart phone on hand and ready to go, especially in a city (knowing what bus to take and when it will arrive is awesome). But if you don't have need of the map situation.... what is the urgent need for a smart phone?

I say all this after pestering Sir Cyr to get a smart phone; he was on a dumb phone for two years, and it was annoying me that he'd snag my phone away whenever he wanted to look up directions or look something up while we were away from a computer. Get your own! He finally did.

• Like 3
  • Haha 13
28 minutes ago, Zink said:

So got told by the school yesterday that my oldest who's in grade 11 has to have a smart phone and we need to buy him one immediately. The wife gave him an old iphone that she hasn't used for a couple year so we'll see how that goes over.

Did the school say ...why..?

Are the kids expected to have eBook eTextbooks on some sorta device?

’Round these here parts schools combat with parents who insist their kid needs a cellphone even though said kid is only 8 or 9 years old. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 12
27 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Huh?  Why?

Supposedly for some of his classes they want him to download apps on a phone. The wife told him take your tablet instead. We'll see if the iphone is good enough. I think the school has free wifi so we don't need to bother buying a data plan for it. They can kiss my, uh, that's not happening if he can't use their internet. The wife used it a little bit at home after she updgraded a couple years ago. I'm already paying enough for phones with a land line with internet in town and at the farm and 2 cell phones. I don't even have data on my own cell because I'm either close enough to one of the houses or my wife to get internet if I really need it. When I'm working I can't be browsing the net. I'm not a modern enough farmer to have autostearing on all my tractors. The only reason I even have one is for emergencies. 90% on the time it's not even turned on. Which reminds me the battery is dead and I need to go charge it.

• Like 18