Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And if it pops out of its coffin and gives you a weird look for waking it? :p

Simple. Smack it with a rolled up newspaper and in a firm, confident voice, tell it “No! Down!”. That should do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Ouch!  Is simethicone out too?  I have found that I can ease some of my reflux and heartburn symptoms by taking anti-gas medication:  less pressure, less pain.  don't know if it works for others though.

Not sure, I have a booklet around somewhere that I should probably read.  Sinus congestion and sleep deprivation are impairing the thinking.  They are supposed to call me about prep, but naturally they haven't yet.  I may break out the Tums, though, if it gets bad.  This is the consequence of having the thing scheduled so long after the first appointment.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Simple. Smack it with a rolled up newspaper and in a firm, confident voice, tell it “No! Down!”. That should do it. 

Doesn't the newspaper trick just bring about extra aggression...?  This is the undead we're talking about.. :p

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Doesn't the newspaper trick just bring about extra aggression...?  This is the undead we're talking about.. :p

You can always reward good behavior in your undead pets with some small jerky treats. Or snip pieces from the nearest mummy. Nearly the same thing.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TGP said:
3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I mean, I'm tired too, but old corgis are getting too old for this broccoli. :lol:

I thought Alice was only four(?) or five?

She just acts like that most of the time. She's 10!!! :blink:

• Like 7

Just got out of a meeting to discuss a proposal by an Italian Government owned company to buy an energy resource in my state. I was told by our legal team to quit referring to them as the mob. Apparently we think that, mob or not, they'd do a better job meeting their permit requirements than the US corporation that owns it now. 

I wish I could say that was a joke, but I literally just spent an hour weighing the pros and cons of dealing with a domestic business versus a foreign quasi government entity. Welp, that just buried the needle on my weird stuff-o-meter.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Trust me, I was NOT thinking of answering.   

I... need a while to fall asleep, and unexpected sounds while I'm slowly dozing off again is not exactly helping.

So if I had braved the trap known as my livingroom it would only have been to close that laptop. 

Ah, my mistake.  I'm a heavy sleeper so unless my phone by the side of my bed goes off like a air raid siren I'm not going to hear it.  On the other hand I sleep in only 2-4 hour segments so I sort of catch things when I wake.  

As a result I am usually asleep when my head hits the pillow!

• Like 7

I've been skipping around a bunch. Biggest sympathies to @redambrosia for the loss of your furry friend. 

I do not feel well today. I am nauseous and having spells of chills.

I  am currently trying to distract myself from it by looking at build instructions for this Maiden of the High Seas boat I've been sitting on. I thought I bought everything needed aside from glue but turns out I need some foam core too. Not totally sure where to find it though...

• Sad 8

7 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Ahhh...

My first cup of real coffee since the surgery. Not including the hospital coffee because that Does Not Count.

It absolutely DOES NOT COUNT.

Speaking of hospitals, apparently my BiL is being discharged today! :blink: We were all expecting another day or two. I guess he's recovering quickly! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Ah, my mistake.  I'm a heavy sleeper so unless my phone by the side of my bed goes off like a air raid siren I'm not going to hear it. 

I'm a heavy sleeper as well - my wife hates me for it. 

As a kid, they landed the Flight for Life Helicopter on the intersection right out side my bedroom window at around 3am for some medical emergency a neighbor was having.   Woke up everyone else for at least 3 blocks, except for me.  Slept through the entire thing.   My sister and the neighbor kids were all talking about it for days. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, SparrowMarie said:

I've been skipping around a bunch. Biggest sympathies to @redambrosia for the loss of your furry friend. 

I do not feel well today. I am nauseous and having spells of chills.

I  am currently trying to distract myself from it by looking at build instructions for this Maiden of the High Seas boat I've been sitting on. I thought I bought everything needed aside from glue but turns out I need some foam core too. Not totally sure where to find it though...

Jo-ann's, Michaels. Some office supply stores might also have it, because iirc, it's a 'School Supply'. 

Might be some good coupon deals for the first two, but not knowing what you have access to.. ^^;

... I was half expecting to come back here from the Reapercon section and find this thread dead already! Slackers!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I need some foam core too. Not totally sure where to find it though...

Michaels or Hobby Lobby will be the most cost effective, but any decent art store or picture framing shop should have some as well. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1