Rigel

The Innsmouth Look: Black Cat Bases' Deep One Hybrids

Some more fine citizens of Innsmouth! These are from Black Cat's line of Deep One Hybrids. Casting quality is sometimes an issue with Black Cat, but in the case of these horrible chums, that's more of a feature than a bug. 

Here's a couple more employees of the fish-packing plant: 
DSCN5372.thumb.JPG.f2e5ae568b51311557e1fa406c1e739b.JPGDSCN5373.thumb.JPG.a7997d68ecf88afe2259e9b10f4a9097.JPGDSCN5375.thumb.JPG.52f15318c534fd1fb21b55ed01cb3098.JPGDSCN5376.thumb.JPG.1dfd81d222be1a3963be9ac97f2783e0.JPG

And some of the local fishermen/fishmen. DSCN5384.thumb.JPG.106c52367c0a985e2a303b966a6ae1ad.JPG
DSCN5379.thumb.JPG.3cb6cff0febbd18f2709957ab6bb8afb.JPGDSCN5380.thumb.JPG.1103416c5300b7fb0f363fe8c338b387.JPGDSCN5382.thumb.JPG.3a49eeae010572f8ef4f41b6854bbab1.JPG

BONUS! For a Call of Cthulhu game, I made a business card: 
image.png.4effdebb8ee2f189733a7a813f540e4f.png

• Like 22

14 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

So much detail in your world man. Must be a lucky group!

Thanks! They are good and imaginative players (and I love making Call of Cthulhu paper props, but this is a minis forum). 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Worse  things happen at sea," the saying goes. Here is one of those Worse Things: Father Dagon, God-king of the Deep Ones, Lord of the Waters. This is a truly tremendous sculpt, colossal in size and bulk. He comes with four limbs, three tail-pieces, a phosphoresent angler lure,  and a big ol' base with a big ol' eldritch obelisk. Here's the turnaround: 

Peekaboo! 

And here are some top-down views; there's simply too much Dagon to be captured by any one angle. 

A suitable antagonist/boss for a pulp submarine faction! 

Here is the etiology of the Innsmouth Degeneration: young folk are just kind of pop-eyed, then in later young adulthood, the thirties or so, they experience rapid hair loss, skin coarsening, a broadening of the mouth, and an expansion of the finger and toe membranes. The eyes become greatly enlarged, the back hunches and the upper thoracic vertebrae extend. The feet also enlarge, and numerous physiological changes take place, adapting the patient for high-pressure environments. The gills set in in the fifties or sixties. At this point, the patient is almost completely scaled. Walking and breathing on land become laborious. The patients take to the water soon after. 
      But that is not  the end of the transformation. The patient is now unrecognizable as human, as spines and barbels grow in. A tail may or may not emerge. The patient packs on muscle and blubber of distinctly fishlike quality. The dorsal fin is very pronounced, as are the claws. Growth slows dramatically once the patient reaches a half-ton or so, but does not stop. There is no theoretical limit to how big a Deep One of truly advanced years can grow, and they do not die of old age.

Here's a vignette I think I'll call "Out of Our Depth." I'm quite pleased by the lighting on that second shot.

• By Rigel
      Meet Salchow and Lutz! Lutz there was originally marketed as Space Dwarf Leader 2, from Black Cat Bases' Moonfleet Miniatures line (The same  line that produces the Mole People from Sirius/Smoggers, http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83535-spacefuture-mole-people-from-sirius-mortar-crew-black-cat-smoggers/&tab=comments#comment-1770652). I got him along with Space Dwarf Leader 1 whom I repurposed as a zeppelin commander ( http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82097-pic-heavy-zeppelin-crew-feat-59041-deadlands-noir-patent-scientist/&tab=comments#comment-1740661 )

This little bearded fellow with peaked cap, shoulder tabs and an absurdly oversized gun makes a dandy Soviet guard.
      His comrade Salchow is from Brigade Games, BG-AWE013, listed as"Woman with pistol, winter coat/hat" and I wasn't about to pass up that fine Eastern European fur hat! I painted her up with garish paisleys, grey hair, and a pinched greyish face. She is a good spy/infiltrator mini. Very small though, even for 25mm scale.

And here's a group shot of the Slavic/Eastern European pulp crew! 

• By Rigel
      I'd have posted this earlier with my other Innsmouth Folk and Deep Ones, but  this fishy lady is just incredibly topless.

Can't be easy to wear a shirt with that dorsal fin, though. 

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2o30vfwb4/ 

Links to the individual images, 
      https://postimg.cc/fkbfc69C

https://postimg.cc/yktjYvWP

https://postimg.cc/BtwcMM50

https://postimg.cc/HVc0KX37

This is a fantastic sculpt, somewhere between advanced-stage land-dwelling Innsmouth folk and full Deep Ones/ Hordes Bog Trogs. She looks very Harryhausen, for some reason, maybe the gill frills, maybe the plates. Anyway, enjoy!
    • By Rigel
      More nautically-inclined figures! 
      This beautifully-sculpted old salt is from Artizan's Thrilling Tales: Curse of Fairhaven. (He also comes in a 3-pack of Eccentrics, if you also want a swami and a top-hatted vagrant with a meathook.) I give you: Mad Jack the Lighthouse Keeper! 

The next two are from Black Cat's Fishermen. Old Elias, forever with pipe in hand, and Dockside Dan, a handy man with a chain who will not take anyone disrespecting the sweater his old ma knitted for him.

And lastly, the cabin boy, Mikey. He was part of a cheap, poorly pre-painted  ArtMinds Diorama Family Set that I got on impulse (because 4/5ths of them are EXACTLY the Rick and Morty family, and Reaper has a Mad Scientist that is exactly Rick). This is the fifth guy; I didn't repaint him, but those eyes are perfect for a young man from Innsmouth before the Change takes place. 
    • By Rigel
      Can't make Deep One hybrids without Deep Ones; that just stands to reason. Got these fishy Bones fellas before the Bones Deep Ones came out. Probably overdid the metallics, and will probably do so again. 

77215, Eregris Darkfathom I painted up first; did not notice it's a cultist in a fish suit; thought the face was part of the mouth.  I do like the flowing robes and the coral scabbard. 

77187, the Tiik Champion, is a delight. Huge and hunched-over, with a Dunkleosteus profile, truly a terrifying beast from an elder era. 

77186, the Tiik Warrior, I'm pretty pleased with. 77212, the Baron, I should probably revisit and put some shiny razzamatazz on his fins one of these days. 

There's one more fishy friend I need to post, but for reasons probably more aesthetic than biological, she is NSFW and will need to be linked.
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)