Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

The Innsmouth Look: Black Cat Bases' Deep One Hybrids

Some more fine citizens of Innsmouth! These are from Black Cat's line of Deep One Hybrids. Casting quality is sometimes an issue with Black Cat, but in the case of these horrible chums, that's more of a feature than a bug. 

Here's a couple more employees of the fish-packing plant: 
DSCN5372.thumb.JPG.f2e5ae568b51311557e1fa406c1e739b.JPGDSCN5373.thumb.JPG.a7997d68ecf88afe2259e9b10f4a9097.JPGDSCN5375.thumb.JPG.52f15318c534fd1fb21b55ed01cb3098.JPGDSCN5376.thumb.JPG.1dfd81d222be1a3963be9ac97f2783e0.JPG

And some of the local fishermen/fishmen. DSCN5384.thumb.JPG.106c52367c0a985e2a303b966a6ae1ad.JPG
DSCN5379.thumb.JPG.3cb6cff0febbd18f2709957ab6bb8afb.JPGDSCN5380.thumb.JPG.1103416c5300b7fb0f363fe8c338b387.JPGDSCN5382.thumb.JPG.3a49eeae010572f8ef4f41b6854bbab1.JPG

BONUS! For a Call of Cthulhu game, I made a business card: 
image.png.4effdebb8ee2f189733a7a813f540e4f.png

• Like 22

14 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

So much detail in your world man. Must be a lucky group!

Thanks! They are good and imaginative players (and I love making Call of Cthulhu paper props, but this is a minis forum). 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Fishfolk Fisherman and Fishfolk Fishwife from Crooked Dice. The fisherman, in oilskins and sou'wester, is a perfect blend of the Gorton's mascot and his product. The bug-eyed fishwife with cleaver was a delight to paint, especially the Atlantic salmon.  

A shot of some of the Waite Fish Packing Concern's employees, featuring some old friends from RatTrap and BlackCat:

The Real Housewives of Innsmouth (including a repurposed Bonnie, 50293, with improvements upon her previous appearance):

and one of just the fellas:

Golly gee willikers I love painting fishmen. Special credit also to the Dreadmere Fishing Boat, 44032, the perfect touch for the setting.  
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Working as a gibbering mouther for me. I wasn't impressed with the model when I originally saw pics online, but in person it is fantastic and very imposing on the table. 

Larger shot down the gullet

Size comparison. 

• By Maledrakh
      Yet another of my entries in a painting league on another forum

Pride and Joy
      A nice walk in the park for the Lovecrafts.

Sorry about the pics being a bit blurry, I am still struggling with the camera. It seems it is not meant for such small items.

Most of the miniatures are from a recent 2019 kickstarter by Bear's Head Miniatures, apart from the large Star Spawn that is from the game Cthulhu Wars by Petersen Games. One of the kickstarters for that game had an option for one each of the miniatures extra, and this one is from that set. I hacked off the moulded base it originally came with so I could have similar style bases for the whole family.

Lots of pics and such below, go on, you know you want to click it:

• By Scott W
      I have been working on my contrast while painting- 

I love this sculpt!

This was shot with 2 different lighting setups- which one does everyone prefer?

• By Rigel
      "Worse  things happen at sea," the saying goes. Here is one of those Worse Things: Father Dagon, God-king of the Deep Ones, Lord of the Waters. This is a truly tremendous sculpt, colossal in size and bulk. He comes with four limbs, three tail-pieces, a phosphoresent angler lure,  and a big ol' base with a big ol' eldritch obelisk. Here's the turnaround: 

Peekaboo! 

And here are some top-down views; there's simply too much Dagon to be captured by any one angle. 

A suitable antagonist/boss for a pulp submarine faction! 

Here is the etiology of the Innsmouth Degeneration: young folk are just kind of pop-eyed, then in later young adulthood, the thirties or so, they experience rapid hair loss, skin coarsening, a broadening of the mouth, and an expansion of the finger and toe membranes. The eyes become greatly enlarged, the back hunches and the upper thoracic vertebrae extend. The feet also enlarge, and numerous physiological changes take place, adapting the patient for high-pressure environments. The gills set in in the fifties or sixties. At this point, the patient is almost completely scaled. Walking and breathing on land become laborious. The patients take to the water soon after. 
      But that is not  the end of the transformation. The patient is now unrecognizable as human, as spines and barbels grow in. A tail may or may not emerge. The patient packs on muscle and blubber of distinctly fishlike quality. The dorsal fin is very pronounced, as are the claws. Growth slows dramatically once the patient reaches a half-ton or so, but does not stop. There is no theoretical limit to how big a Deep One of truly advanced years can grow, and they do not die of old age.

Here's a vignette I think I'll call "Out of Our Depth." I'm quite pleased by the lighting on that second shot.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)