ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

We're not supposed to get any more and it looks like a nice slow thaw. A lot has melted since yesterday and the roads are ok now. Going to be awhile before I think of getting in the fields. 

• Like 3

And in typical Alberta spring...  Most of that snow from this morning has melted...

A warm Alberta spring brings welcome, or something! ::P:

IMG_20190503_100858.thumb.jpg.ea1a3b47da32c0354a54edfbe793eec3.jpg

Well, it is 1C...oh wait, truck just switched to 0C, lol

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Snow today in Denver area. Only really sticking on the vegetation; the roads are just wet.

NWS is predicting nice weather for the weekend, though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Ok, thought I was done with this thread but no. Kid's have a 4 day weekend and I was happy to get my oldest in the field today. I have a good week of work to do to finish seeding. If he runs one tractor it'll cut that in half. Started raining when we headed for the farm. Decided I could put up with a bit of drizzle while we did some maintenance and moved equipment out to the fields. While doing that it got colder and there was slushy snow coming down. After less than an hour we were both wet and frozen so gave up before doing everything I wanted. Went to another town where I was getting an older vehicle fixed instead and brought it home. Snow melted as soon as it touched anything and seems to have stopped. Even just a few miles away at lower elevation there wasn't any snow, just rain. Listen to a Montana radio station and they were predicting snow yesterday in all the areas higher than us. Didn't think it would get here because were a long way from the mountains.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Heavy snow is being predicted in the US Rocky Mountains this weekend/Monday. Local weather guys says there could be up to 40" in places.  The rest of us are getting rain and flooding. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Our local mountains [Southern California] have been getting "record setting" amounts of snow over the last couple of days, with the possibility of more during the next week.  The reason for the quotation marks is that there has been no recorded snow fall this late in the season since they first started keeping records.

With the record setting snowfall there is a possibility that the Mamoth Mountain Ski Resort could be open for business on the4th of July.

GEM

Twinkle   Twinkle

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

And it's snowing in Denver Metro now. Only sticking on vegetation and cars, but it's not just the odd flake of snow.

Yay. <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

And three to four inches of snow eight hours later and it’s still snowing. This is the kind that breaks branches, already saw some of that on my way to work this morning. Nothing quite like a Colorado spring.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Denver's about 1200 km straight south of me but because of the elevation it's amazing how similar the climate is in Colorado. We're about 2,000 feet lower but being further north makes up for it. No snow here for a few days. It's rare to get any this late but we've even had some good dumps in June a few times.

• Like 3

I've been talking to people in Denver, Calgary and Edmonton over the last two days - seems like Edmonton is warmer than Denver right now, despite being over 1200 miles north. Calgary seems to be on par with us here in Iowa.   This is where I get to return all the jibes that friends and family gave me about how cold Iowa was in Jan/Feb vs Denver at the time. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I've been talking to people in Denver, Calgary and Edmonton over the last two days - seems like Edmonton is warmer than Denver right now, despite being over 1200 miles north. Calgary seems to be on par with us here in Iowa.   This is where I get to return all the jibes that friends and family gave me about how cold Iowa was in Jan/Feb vs Denver at the time. 

Of course it got up to 89F/32C last week here. And they're predicting mid-70s for this weekend.

But it's 36F/2C and snowing off and on right now, which is suboptimal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Of course it got up to 89F/32C last week here. And they're predicting mid-70s for this weekend.

But it's 36F/2C and snowing off and on right now, which is suboptimal.

Same here - it was low 90s one day. 

I hope this weekend is nice in CO.  Supposed to attend my nephew's graduation in Bailey on Saturday - leaving Thursday night to drive out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

Same here - it was low 90s one day. 

I hope this weekend is nice in CO.  Supposed to attend my nephew's graduation in Bailey on Saturday - leaving Thursday night to drive out. 

Good thing that road is so pretty. :zombie:

• Like 2