Sign in to follow this  
ManvsMini

Raise your hand if it's snowing

Today was beautiful while I was working. A bit foggy but only -5 C and no wind. All kinds of weather warnings out and now it's -20 C, 60 kph winds and light snow. Predicting about -24 C overnight and as a high for the next couple days with over 5" of snow. I've got everything taken care of so that I don't need to be out in it for a couple days.

• Like 5

Latest weather update. -25 C, 25 kph winds and steady snow. Got up a couple hours ago and was happy to see that we didn't get the 3-4" of snow overnight. Half an hour later it really started coming down. So far roads are ok but they're predicting up to 6" by midnight and continuing tomorrow. So glad I can just sit in the house right now. If it gets as bad as they think it might getting to the farm could be interesting. Bad weather didn't bother me a lot while I was on the farm. I had a gas generator, lots of food and a tractor to dig the snow when it got deep. Having to drive 7 miles of backroad with low priority for cleaning to get to the tractor is not great at times. 

• Like 5

It's probably snowing here... I haven't bothered to look out the window since Friday night though just because I took one look at the forecast and another at the fact I've had to turn to heater up to keep the place reasonably warm... 

Kind of worried about tomorrow though and whether or not the work truck will start... Or if it's buried in snow.... 

• Like 3

I'm not planning on leaving the house today but there's about a foot or so built up on the street at the end of my driveway and closer to 3 feet along the north edge of the driveway. It always drifts in there and it's where I throw the snow off the driveway making it deeper. I'll be shoveling tomorrow. Probably only a few inches total but we've always got winds that lead to big drifts in spots. It's not snowing very much right now but that can change quickly. I imagine the couple of spots on the farm where I had a trench dug are level and nice and deep. Not a big deal because most years I can't drive through them in November but I've been able until now. Adds a 1/4 mile to get to where my cows are. Most years I don't keep them that far from home but it's been decent. If it keeps snowing more than a couple days I'll have to move them to their normal winter pasture.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Raises hand.

Carp.

But... You're in....  Snow's supposed to be a myth over there!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But... You're in....  Snow's supposed to be a myth over there!

You’re right. Maybe I’m dreaming.

*goes back to bed to sleep off the snow*

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

It topped out at 65F today and I am about to put some steaks on the grill.  Dinner is at 6:30. BYOB. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

It topped out at 65F today and I am about to put some steaks on the grill.  Dinner is at 6:30. BYOB. 

I'd come but I was too lazy to shovel the almost 3' of snow in the driveway to get my truck out of the garage. Looks like the worst is over but still predicting cold and periodic snow for 2 more days. I usually shovel it myself by hand but I may wimp out and call a friend that has a snowblower. Kids are hoping the school will be closed tomorrow. I told them, "Great! Then all 3 of us can shovel snow!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Yup, I think the truck isn't happy.  Boss called us all and begged us to fire up the vehicles for a while tonight. 

IMG_20190203_214726.thumb.jpg.16e1a2f657b7fd7291fc86bf8f10c559.jpg

And yes, it's snowing.  A light dusting at the moment, but snowing. 

Here's hoping this thing fires up tomorrow, I swear with how often we have battery issues they put a motorcycle battery in these Ford Transits...  It took several seconds before it could even muster the energy to try and turn over, then another five or so before actually firing up... O_o

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

It’s not snowing here, it’s just too cold for snow.  Keeping warm is today’s objective!F6B0F9C0-BC15-4E20-89B2-106F44CC4663.thumb.png.4f0b47d56c55b7503ea52078e9f55249.png

• Like 5

So, for fun, I pulled up Inuvik's weather, because, well, it's almost always colder there.

....HOW IS IT TEN DEGREES WARMER THAT FAR NORTH?!?!?!?!? (they're -18C with -26C windchill, Edmonton is -28C with -33C windchill atm).  One would have thought with Fort Mac being so cold that Inuvik would be frozen popsicles or something....

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So, for fun, I pulled up Inuvik's weather, because, well, it's almost always colder there.

....HOW IS IT TEN DEGREES WARMER THAT FAR NORTH?!?!?!?!? (they're -18C with -26C windchill, Edmonton is -28C with -33C windchill atm).  One would have thought with Fort Mac being so cold that Inuvik would be frozen popsicles or something....

Global warming!?

• Haha 3