MSP Color recommendations for Pink Horrors?

Blue22111

Hi! I just got some Warhammer pink horrors and have no idea what MSP colors to buy to paint them. I have no pinks at all and don't know what would be best. Does anyone have any advice?

Note that I have all of the citadel shades so I think I'm covered there.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Blue22111

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Priming them white and then giving them a glaze or wash of that clear magenta might be the fastest / easiest plan. 

(If a low-effort, get 40 of them ready for a game, technique is called for.) Do they still have a rule where killing them sometimes spawns additional blue horrors?  I thought I remembered some wacky rule like that. 

• Like 1

First Off, Sorry about the slow reply. No notifications showed up for me about this thread.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, Cyradis said:

First question.... do you want them to be pink? 

Yep.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:50 AM, TGP said:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69853-maledrakhs-oldhammer-pink-and-blue-horrors-of-tzeentch/

They also [spawn?] appear in blue. 

@Blue22111  What have you got in the way of Reds and Purples?  Try adding pure white to some of those. 

The blue ones are different models (lore wise two blue horrors appear after a pink horror is slain).

I'm trying to avoid mixing if I can.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:39 AM, Cyradis said:

Old West Rose is another one. I like it for a mellow pink.

From the pic it looks like a nice color but I am going for vibrant.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:36 AM, Gadgetman! said:

Prom Night Pink?   

because monsters wants to feel pretty sometimes, too...  

Or just wait until October, send Reaper your best wishes and an order, and get a bottle of Breat Cancer Awareness Pink... 

That could work as a base color. Do you know how it goes with the other pinks (Punk Rock, Blush and Braaaains)? Because I'm trying to have two or three colors (base, layer, highlight (plus a shade but I already have that sorted)).

I actually have a bottle of Breast Cancer Awareness Pink, just don't want to use it for a major unit in an army because I only have one bottle and don't want to run out and not be able to paint a major part of the army.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, TGP said:

Priming them white and then giving them a glaze or wash of that clear magenta might be the fastest / easiest plan. 

(If a low-effort, get 40 of them ready for a game, technique is called for.) 

I'm going for a nice display piece too (because I don't honestly play much, I just like painting)

On 1/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, TGP said:

Do they still have a rule where killing them sometimes spawns additional blue horrors?  I thought I remembered some wacky rule like that. 

Yep. It's called "Split" in Age Of Sigmar (it's on the warscroll for blue horrors if you're curious). 

On 1/21/2019 at 5:01 AM, TGP said:

Reaper has this gadget they call The Power Pallette. I tried it on this image:

3ce11b9855fdd4585f9f4979b639ccae.jpg

...it recommended:

09001  Brick Red

09027  Pale Violet Red

09026  Violet Red 

09098  Clear Magenta

09262  Blush Pink

I don't think I agree with the magic of the power palette there, I can see the Blush pink but the others seem too dark.

Thanks for the recommendations thus far!

Edited by Blue22111

The squares on the website aren't the best representation of colors in the bottle. I'd trust the power palette before the squares in the store. 

Brick Red is a very dark purple-red. Probably the tongues on that picture. 

Pale Violet Red is a very vivid pink, leaning red. It is atrociously named (violet is between blue and purple, not adjacent to red). 

Violet Red is also terribly named, and is a vivid red-pink, good mid-tone. 

Clear Magenta is aptly named, sortof. It is bright magenta, but you'd use it to perk up areas and brighten them. It isn't really clear, as much as that it isn't a base coat. 

Not sure on Blush pink. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:56 PM, Cyradis said:

The squares on the website aren't the best representation of colors in the bottle. I'd trust the power palette before the squares in the store. 

Brick Red is a very dark purple-red. Probably the tongues on that picture. 

Pale Violet Red is a very vivid pink, leaning red. It is atrociously named (violet is between blue and purple, not adjacent to red). 

Violet Red is also terribly named, and is a vivid red-pink, good mid-tone. 

Clear Magenta is aptly named, sortof. It is bright magenta, but you'd use it to perk up areas and brighten them. It isn't really clear, as much as that it isn't a base coat. 

Not sure on Blush pink. 

Interesting. I do have clear magenta. Don't have any of the others. I'll make a note of that. 

Edited by Blue22111