• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Anyone have any useful leads on a set of elves in tribal garb?  I'm specifically looking for elves that would fit in a jungle, tropic, or coastal setting.  Not looking for heavy armor.  If there's some gender diversity in the set that's even more ideal.

I could kit bash if needed, but trying to avoid that.  Also looking for things that would fit well in scale with Reaper Bones' offerings.

Have I made this easy enough for you all?
    • By Inarah
      It's a great day in the Cretaceous Period, hot, humid and just a bit oppressive.  The raptors* have gathered to discuss hunting strategies.

Of course there may be disagreements about tactics...

And who gets to lead the pack during the hunt...

Sorry for the fuzziness. Still getting used to the new light set up in the photo booth. 

*Including a pair of Wizkids Deep Cuts raptors
    • By Maledrakh
      At the very end of the Lost Valley, the bossfight: Clubtail!

A plant eating 4-ton tank armed with a deadly morning star tail, an armoured hide with spikes, -a fantasy version of an Ankylosaur. The clubtail is larger than the fossil record of Ankylosaur supports. Also the spikes are overstated in comparison. A lot.
      At any rate, the Ankylosaur was contemporary with the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Triceratops. All are from what is now North America in the late Cretaceous period, roughly 68 million years ago. It needed that armour.  The question remains: What did it use the club-like tail for? To smesh predators? Rivals? Trees? An impressive display to attract mates? All of the above?
      And the clubtail has spikes. Did I mention the spikes?

I detest painting spikes. It takes absolutely ages and I invariably lose patience and botch the job. These look OK for tabletop but do not stand up to close scrutiny at all. At least it is done. Together with the entire Lost Valley Expansion! Woot!

The Clubtail is, in fact, the distant forebearer of the modern day Dragon Tortoise aka Koopa.

I made it a 125mm x 100mm base.

44076 Clubtail
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      125x100mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Maledrakh
      Where several of the other Lost Valley dino-beasts have extra fantasy elements to them, such as extra horns. spiney ridges, a third digit on the vestigial front limbs and such, this one is just about picture perfectly based on a real dinosaur: The Carnotaurus.

The Carnotaurus lived at some point during the Late Cretaceous period, that lasted from about 100 million to 66 million years ago. There have been found several fossils with bones and skin impressions that show scales, ridges and bumps in the hide. No sign of feathers though.
      The fossils are all found in South America, which was part of the supercontinent southern Gondwanaland when these critters existed.
      This is the only raptor-like predatory dino we know of that had horns on the skull, looking like very sharp eyebrows more than anything else really.

This model was originally released in metal some years ago, which might explain the difference in design philosophy ("real dinosaur" vs "fantasy dinosaur"). Now it also exists in Bones Black in the Lost Valley.

This mini was finished August 18th 2020.

44080 Carnotaurus
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Dennis Mize
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      65x35mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Glitterwolf
      The second Giant Snake from the Artisan Guild set.
      3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

WIP :https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/163/#comments

I was inspired by the African Bush Viper.

Added extra pics taken indoors after applying antishine varnish below.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)