Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GW TERRADON by Glitterwolf

The Big Nasty Bird is SPLENDIDLY painted in a WONDERFUL choice of colors. You achieved a sense of flight in a fine fashion. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Big Nasty Bird is a SPLENDIDLY painted in a WONDERFUL choice of colors. You achieved a sense of flight in a fine fashion. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you!

It's always hard to pull of a reasonable flying pose.

1 hour ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Looks good and quite ferocious.

Thanks!

I wouldn't feed it by hand!

• Like 1

Beautiful job on this great mini! Love the colors on his crest and shading on the wings - brilliant idea to make the bumps a mossy green, makes him seem camouflaged/natural.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful job on this great mini! Love the colors on his crest and shading on the wings - brilliant idea to make the bumps a mossy green, makes him seem camouflaged/natural.

Thank you!

I was inspired by real lizards.

That's one colorful not-bird!  I like the effects in the wings.  Both colorful and camo.  Keep up the great work!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

That's one colorful not-bird!  I like the effects in the wings.  Both colorful and camo.  Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

I like to look at real reptiles and birds for reference.

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Wow, that terradon with the terrain makes such a great scene! Very convincing.

Thanks!

It was a bit of a pain to get him into position, but it worked.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By NyarlaBcn
      Babar, Lord of the Jungle, ready to both smash and stun tespassers with his golden magnificence. 

28mm scale resin miniature. Gold & green palette. My biggest issue: not jungly enough. I need more stuff to make plants and credible grass :s 

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 258 Guests (See full list)