Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Pingo's 2018 Roundup of Painted Figures (Picture intensive)

Beautiful stuff! That vampire in the emerald green is lovely in a very "Corpse Bride" sort of way. Good diverse crew; I especially like that big fellow from Hasslefree, Astrid Berger, and the Braid Dwarf. 

• Like 1

Wonderful collection, you were productive last year!

I love the vampires since they are among my favorite monsters, but my favorite mini you painted so far is the one on the bottom row, second from the right.

The guy in the red trenchcoat, he looks really bad elf.!

• Like 1

I forgot to mention, but the sharp-eyed may have noticed that I paint shadows on the figures' bases ... but not for the vampires.

As summer progressed my thoughts turned to outer space, and somewhat more heroic venues. But world events were also wearing me down and I posted fewer and fewer Show Off threads. There are some here I've never shown on the forums before.

July-September

Spoiler

... which is not to say I couldn't manage one more vampire. This is Reaper's magnificent Monique Denoir, sandwiched between two old school figures of an elf ranger and a sorceress from Das Schwarze Auge, Germany's answer to Dungeons and Dragons. The dwarf is Hatherly, from Hasslefree.

11-June-Sept-Hasslefree-Hatherly-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Elf-Ranger-Monique-DeNoir-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Sorceress-edited-1000.jpg.cb368d1042c8efb759690d20f8a12740.jpg

I'm not sure I ever posted WIP or Show Off threads for some of these. These are four wonderful outer space ladies from Hasslefree and Reaper's Meyanda, Android Priestess, painted up as a Jadeborn for Exalted.

12-Sept-Hasslefree-women-Void-Engineers-edited-1000.jpg.c5d32307ff6aaa0f2d0fdc4621f3990e.jpg

Two more space paramilitary ladies from Hasslefree and, er, some classic space marines from Games Workshop. What can I say, they were a special request.

14-Sept-Void-Engineers-and-Space-Marines-edited-1000.jpg.6787f8eb3cd58eec26fc86a20eec1aa9.jpg

Three space-dwarf fighters from Hasslefree, and a dwarf magic user from Stonehaven.

16-Sep-Dwarf-Void-Engineers-and-Mage-edited-1000.jpg.82876f816ffb658d457ee3c25f788289.jpg

Another terrestrial dwarf, from Reaper, an agent and an intrepid reporter superhero's romantic interest, both from RAFM, and two Reaper cultists because we needed some more obvious baddies.

18B-Sep-Modern-Investigators-and-Cultists-and-Kara-Foehunter-edited-1000.jpg.dc29b0159e714450f361c8bd7f731895.jpg

• Like 14

My autumnal painting slowed down, partly because of the heaviness of world events and partly because several other projects, including some oil portraits and gearing up to produce art videos, took up a lot of my time. So there are only a few finished miniatures here.

October-December

Spoiler

I finished the last of the seven (yes) dwarves I had meant to do for the year, a Tre Manor druid offered by Hasslefree. Also Reaper's rather tragic Drowned Spirit, two fire hydrant pieces of terrain from Ainsty Castings, and a "witch" from Bad Squiddo who I thought would do well as Susan Sto Helit from the Discworld.

20-Oct-Dec-dwarf-drowned-spirit-hydrants-Susan-Sto-Helit-1000.jpg.b49493059d023c3dc0836f5056330a93.jpg

The final figures for 2018 were a somewhat rushed job on the Bones version of Reaper's wonderful Vandorendra, Snake Demon, and a steampunk gadgeteer half-orc from Stonehaven.

21-Dec-Reaper-77117-Vandorendra-Snake-Demon-and-Stonehaven-Half-Orc-Mechanist-1000.jpg.4557d07ae43ba89eb55b70c77cf17cb0.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 15

That is a MOST IMPRESSIVE array of BEAUTIFULLY painted creations, each with a character all their own, & each done in your own unique style. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

That touch with the shadows is genius. I'm particularly a fan of that kneeling two-pistol Space Dwarf lady,  the RAFM ladies, Susan, and the Drowned Spirit. Like the cultists, too--you don't see too many evil cultists in red and yellow. A refreshing change from purples and blacks and greens.

I'm working (s l o w l y) on that Stonehaven mechanorc myself! Great job on the patina.

• Like 2