Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

Carnegie inspired foamcore library

Here are the bathroom tiles. I'll be doing larger ones for the hall.

This is the men's and women's ac. I'll cut it in half for top 2x4 pieces and glue onto foamboard

First I scored the pattern.

Then did a wash of a brown to make the lines visible and dull the gloss white.

Then I colored each square in black.

I might do a few broken tiles and another wash.

Eww carpet in the bathroom

20190215_165940.jpg

20190215_165926.jpg

20190215_165900.jpg

20190215_165810.jpg

• Like 5

Rough basement floors (placed).

Hall will be larger tiles rest will be grey concrete (but need wall measurements handy before I cover all that stuff up).

The burgundy carpet in the lecture room is 9in x 7 5/8in . So a very large room at 1in=5ft.

20190215_193739.jpg

Hall is 4in x8 in and bathrooms are 2in x 4in

• Like 4

Made a mistake on the hall floor, though it's totally salvageable. Decided to use a cheap brush because it was large and square. It was also destroyed. I cleaned up the mess as best I could, but now I'll need to go over the edges with a lighter color, just to tidy things up. Just more time. Curse my impatience.

20190215_204454.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 3

So I did 2 rounds of taping, then free handed the rest. Yes, that's antique gold on the center squares. I just need to do a dirty brown wash over the tiles.

So, not perfect, but reasonable.

20190216_152617.jpg

• Like 4

And minus the basement floor, heres a super rough layout (stuff is wrong, because I didn't have the board handy). Still need to do something for the staff room, but other stuff is just painted once interior walls are cut.

20190216_212902.jpg

• Like 5

Updated layout with staff room carpet. It will be cut down a bit to fit interior wall. Might have to have cupboard and counter over  carpet.

20190217_110700.jpg

20190217_112057.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 4

So I have most of the basement internal stuff. Today is the day I cut stuff down to size, cut the internal walls and hopefully glue the wallpaper onto the walls and glue them together. If that happens I'll be able to show a pinned dry fit.

Window acetate roughs.

20190218_085106.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 4

Doors (internal and external walls)and windows (external walls)not done.

I also need 3 dividing walls for one side of the basement. Walls are mitered, so when I'm done with coverings I'll do a final glue. But they're free-standing.the door to the stacks is a tight fit.

20190218_125802.jpg

20190218_125743.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 5

Today I have to leave at 4pm to get to one biweekly game for 6pm, so all I did was cut out the remaining basement interior walls, and some bulkheads for the main floor. Now for the math to make sure I dont need more paper.

Last night I got nothing done because night #3 turned out to be the worst so far for sleep training upset.

• Like 4

Dry fit revealed a few pieces that were long, but a phone emergency meant dealing with that instead.

Tomorrow maybe I will cut all the pieces, and cut out windows/doors so I can start really gluing stuff down.

52407073_796739697373265_3355735665798021120_n.jpg

• Like 6

It felt like this was the first time I got to work on anything all week, but Wednesday to Sunday is pretty long.

I did some basement interior wall painting.

Not all the walls, because I have sleep training coverage until 3am (though the duder has only had 1 night he hasn't slept). White parts are where I'm gluing doors and wallpaper.

Except where I'm just doing concrete grey floors.

20190224_211813.jpg

20190224_214430.jpg

20190224_214441.jpg

• Like 3

Concrete floors painted, with stuff to glue in position

I'm going to try spray adhesive for the first time on something I can afford to redo, and if that works, I'm  gonna glue all the stuffs  tomorrow or Thursday.

20190226_110318.jpg

• Like 3