Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I decided to work on the Chtulhu Chronoscope sailor minis for my lighthouse. I might need to get a few more ship's hands.
My child received a set of board books one Christmas and once the box was open it served no purpose to anyone but me. I rescued it to turn into a "fancy display box." I will tape up the edges of the acetate, then cover all the non-sky surfaces- on the inside and outside - with paint. What I need now is help choosing a/ some colour/s.
Dreadmere gulper for scale (approx 5x6x10.5).
Please post colour combo suggestions though I'll probably do a pale blue on the inside sides. Help me decide.
Recently Black Magic Craft on YouTube made some Underdark terrain using foamcore. I thought it was a very neat idea but I honestly didn't expect to ever make any, I guess my wife had other ideas though.
This year she made goodie bags for the trick or treaters but since neither one of us would be home to actually give out the candy she made a sign with the typical "happy Halloween please take one" instructions. To my surprise this actually worked very well, though admittedly I'm not sure if that's because kids are better than when I was young or the low number of trick or treaters we get. As we were cleaning up that's when I noticed that she had made her sign out of dollar store foamcore. Apparently that's just the coincidental push I needed to make some cavernous scatter terrain of my own.
I'd reccomend watching Black Magic Craft's actual build first as it's a great video. Plus I really only intend to give an overview of the build and the mistakes I made trying to replicate his pieces rather than the actual steps.
After cutting and hot gluing all the pieces together I was feeling pretty confident, they didn't look too bad either.
Unfortunately I left a ton of brushstrokes on the pieces when I sealed them.
Everything looked a bit better after I applied some brown paint however.
My wash was just too strong though and I basically brought everything back to the orginal black.
So I once again painted them brown.
I thinned down my wash and also used less of it which worked pretty well. I drybrushed everything with a lighter brown and they look pretty good. I can definitely still see a ton of brushstrokes on the pieces but they almost work in their favor, adding a bit of texture to everything.
I definitely made some mistakes on this project but I'm really glad I gave it a try. My pieces aren't as nice and polished as a Pro builder but I certainly think they're passable. Plus once you add miniatures they look way better.
Who's Online 11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)