Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

Carnegie inspired foamcore library

So the glue is still tacky in areas that aren't covered. I'm going to go ahead and glue stuff and do paint touch ups after.

Also my outside paint color looking awful means I will be making a brick stamp out if a dollar store sponge. If it looks terrible I will eventually just glue a brick pattern on. But that will be tedious and costly.

• Like 1

Apparently spray adhesive doesnt work well with 4x8 sections of Bristol board, and the edges are curling up for my basement hall.

Boo. Not much done, because I cant get sustained time to work

• Sad 2

Agonizing pace

Exposed brick added to boiler room and stacks and staff room. Womens bathroom wallpapered 

I have doors (essential) stairs (not sure when) and a few wall hangings (can wait) to do after the lecture room wallpapering. Then a cursory red/brown craft paint until I can print more brick to paste on the outside (my current efforts are not acceptable).

20190301_101510.jpg

20190301_101542.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, lexomatic said:

Not much done, because I cant get sustained time to work

This is an issue with me a lot of the time too even when I'm at home all day. Then on the rare occasions when I do get an hour or so free I'm doing something like 5 minutes of gluing flock and wait for it to dry. Like right now. I've got enough things on the go at once that the time is rarely wasted but it'd be nice to focus on one thing longer some days.

• Like 3

I have a 6 month old. We just finished sleep training and hia naps are getting longer, but until this past week, I had about 45 minutes twice a day. Maybe some late night time if I couldnt sleep and my wife didn't want to watch anything.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I have a 6 month old. We just finished sleep training and hia naps are getting longer, but until this past week, I had about 45 minutes twice a day. Maybe some late night time if I couldnt sleep and my wife didn't want to watch anything.

I've got a year and a half old. It's no better. Mornings are best for me to get things done because she sleeps longer than I do but lots of times I'm either tired or busy with something else then.

• Like 2

Nothing happened this week except me printing exterior brick. It's way glossier paper than  I'd like, but...

Had to drop cats off to board then do mass cleaning of basement. Heartbreaking and infuriating that we have to do this.

• Sad 2

Making stairs

20190310_194516.jpg

I'm going to notch out supports on 2 pieces of foam and glue in place trimmed popsicle sticks. Functional and elegant.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 5

I wanted something that felt like a quick win, so went to cereal box treads instead of popsicle sticks. Currently 1 side is pinned and drying. After dinner, I'll do the other side then a few hours after that maybe modgepodge and black craft paint. Will see about making them extra glossy black to look like painted metal steps.

Heres a few pics. Apparently I forgot super early stuff.

Also good for ruined stairs. These should be more solid by the time they're done, but not as solid as popsicle sticks

20190311_162501.jpg

20190311_162515.jpg

20190311_162534.jpg

20190311_162856.jpg

• Like 4

I got 1 pair of pants puked on, then another pair peed on so I didnt gett to the second side until late.

I also trimmed down the side, so now I have to reverse the direction (nbd) because it was uglifying.

20190311_213050.jpg

• Like 3