Sign in to follow this  
dewen

Warlord Rulebook

I obtained the Rulebook this weekend at Orgins. I love it. I noticed several changes in the rules for the better. I have a couple questions.

King Thorgram Grimsteel: Is he really worth 411 pts? If so, I don't see how.

Guardian Angel: Its base size says Large but the mini comes with a standard. Was the Flyer Special Ability omitted on purpose?

The Orc Shaman does not have a CP value.

The Centaur Archer comes on a 1.5" base. Is Warlord avoiding 1x2 bases?

Many of the models that I thought of as cavalry are solitaire. Will there be no soldiers that are cavalry?

- de

Question about the banzai stunt.

It says a model leaping off of a ledge at an enemy can gain the +1 to MAV take 1 Damage and the enemy is denied thier defensive strikes.

My question is can a model in flight that is already in base to base with an enemy land as a move action and attack with a banzai.

Can the crusaders Faction Ability convert Enemy Solo Models and Commanders?

If so does the enemy get a new card and troop or do the converted models play as if they were grunts.

Question about the banzai stunt.

It says a model leaping off of a ledge at an enemy can gain the +1 to MAV take 1 Damage and the enemy is denied thier defensive strikes. 

My question is can a model in flight that is already in base to base with an enemy land as a move action and attack with a banzai.

Yes. The Banzai is the Flyer's Combat Action. +1 MAV to the Banzai, 1 Dmg to the Flyer.

On the Flyer's next activation, take a non-combat action to orient itself (getting up, catching one's breath etc.).

Can the crusaders Faction Ability convert Enemy Solo Models and Commanders?

If so does the enemy get a new card and troop or do the converted models play as if they were grunts.

Has this situation come up in play?

Regardless, Yup any model can be converted. The Crusader Faction gains the abilities of the converted leader (Tactician for example), but not the troops.

The side the converted leader was originally from treats the converted leader as dead, e.g. looses the Tactician Card, Troop is leaderless.

King Thorgram Grimsteel: Is he really worth 411 pts?  If so, I don't see how.

Grimsteel is worth every point spent and is correct.

Guardian Angel:  Its base size says Large but the mini comes with a standard.  Was the Flyer Special Ability omitted on purpose?

Two errors. Reaper will correct.

The Orc Shaman does not have a CP value.

Okay three errors.

The Centaur Archer comes on a 1.5" base.  Is Warlord avoiding 1x2 bases?

I don't think so.

Many of the models that I thought of as cavalry are solitaire.  Will there be no soldiers that are cavalry?

Possibly in the faction books.

Yes it has came up. The Spawn of Mashaf was converted so I lost a card. The enemy considered the Spawn a Grunt so he didn't gain an extra troop. Should we have considered the spawn a solo?

He has the highest point value of all the Warlords. I just thought I'd ask. Put a magic item or two on him and you got a 500+pt model.

- de

I know that Most do not have the book so it may be awhile before this is actually answered but with the Scry Shoot ability. To sum it up it means that if you are within range you can be shot without penelty to the shooter. Am I correct on this?

To sum it up it means that if you are within range you can be shot without penelty to the shooter. Am I correct on this?

Correct - sacrifice your non-combat action to ignore line-of-sight obstructions.

King Thorgram Grimsteel: Is he really worth 411 pts?  If so, I don't see how.

Scry shot is very expensive. I am surprised it wasn't given to the Elf Warlord. Grimsteel is powerful. I am glad to see so much went into play testing and evaluation.

- de

2 Questions:

If a Monster(Rauthuros, Great Demon) posses both Vile and Horrid and he is engaged by a model that is good and does not posses the Horrid ability. Does the good model have to make 2 seperate Discipline Checks?(one for Horrid and one for Vile) Also if this model is out of cohesion does he retreat if he fails both checks?

If a Reptus Mage were to cast Fireball on a unit next to an oppenents Dwarven Mage who has Dispel Magic and the Dwarven Mage had the Defensive Magic ability. Could the Dispel Magic be used to counter act the fireball and therefore render it useless?

I don't believe dispel magic can be used to counter, attack spells, but it can be cast to remove spells such as slow and paralyze.

I only added Faction names to make it easier to keep track. Thank you.

The Merc Faction only lists generic grunts in the rulebook. Is there anything in the horizon to provide specific grunts for the Mercs? I would like to see some Vikings to follow Sigurd or halflings to follow Dingo. How about some barbarians to follow Grundor or Artemis? Thier are currently only two soldiers, which are all adepts with obvious leaders (Nicole and the Bladesister Warriors and Lupine Lord and Ragers).

All input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

de

If a Monster(Rauthuros, Great Demon) posses both Vile and Horrid and he is engaged by a model that is good and does not posses the Horrid ability. Does the good model have to make 2 seperate Discipline Checks?(one for Horrid and one for Vile) Also if this model is out of cohesion does he retreat if he fails both checks?

I belive this would indeed be the case. I could be wrong, though. But Having to make both of those checks makes sense to me.