Sign in to follow this  
dewen

Warlord Rulebook

Hey, what about the painting depictions? On page 36, the middle and bottom pictures depicting paint consistancy are the same.

There are some miscellaneous typos throughout (no spaces between words, contextural misspellings, things of that nature). Are you still wanting to hear about those?

What about stand-ins? For example, I have the DHL Army Pack #06021 standing in for Vale Archers. The rule book mentions Musicians and other special units. While not available yet, there are Out of Print command units with musicians and banner carriers that are available. Two I've gotten are for Skeletons and Dwarves. The Dwarven ones would be really cool, due to the Dwarves Racial Ability of getting +2 to movement from musicians, instead of +1 like the other factions.

What about the Dwarven Bear Cavalry? If I'm reading correctly, an all-Dwarf army could use these as non-unique, not Adept. (see the "Non-Unique/Adept Models" chart on page 112.) Would they then be considered Grunts, to be fielded in their own units?

Any chance Centaurs could be added to this list for the Elves? Having more than one Treebeard would be cool in a really large army, but Centaurs are a whole lot cheaper.

All in all, it is a very cool book. I'm trying to put together a Faction Roster with the order numbers of the individual units. This is for my LGS, since I'm looking at running a tournament and customers will need to be able to pick out their armies. Any chance I can get someone to look the list over and make suggestions/corrections? I'd be more than happy to make the list available to anyone that wants it, assuming it is correct.

What about stand-ins?  For example, I have the DHL Army Pack #06021 standing in for Vale Archers.  The rule book mentions Musicians and other special units.  While not available yet, there are Out of Print command units with musicians and banner carriers that are available.  Two I've gotten are for Skeletons and Dwarves.  The Dwarven ones would be really cool, due to the Dwarves Racial Ability of getting +2 to movement from musicians, instead of +1 like the other factions.
Yes - Stand ins are still allowerd for any model that Warlord does not yet have available. Official Events will require Reaper models as Stand ins, but friendly games can use anything.
What about the Dwarven Bear Cavalry?  If I'm reading correctly, an all-Dwarf army could use these as non-unique, not Adept. (see the "Non-Unique/Adept Models" chart on page 112.)  Would they then be considered Grunts, to be fielded in their own units?
They would become Grunts instead of Uniques or Adepts, and could be fielded as grunts.
I'm trying to put together a Faction Roster with the order numbers of the individual units.  This is for my LGS, since I'm looking at running a tournament and customers will need to be able to pick out their armies. 
PM me - I have exactly one such list and I would be glad to share it with any AO. I will give this list to Any AO awho promises to add it to the BL Resources page.

BTW - Some of you may choose to note that I have not responded to some questions. Don;t read too much into this - This is not me teasing - I do not have the answers for those yet.

Some rule questions

Crusaders and Mercy

When a Crusader is attempting the Mercy ability and attacks, is the defender still permitted a defensive strike? I say yes.

Line of site

The following situation has occurred often while playing. In the picture below all models are standard base sizes and represented by letters. If model C is on a hill of elevation 1, does it have line of site to model A for a normal range attack? Asked a different way, does model B block line of site for Model C to Model A? According the rules Model A's base size is increased to Large for the elevation. B does not restrict LoS for A to see C because of the increases base size. If I can see you, you can see me. Therefore sight is not blocked and A and C can see each other. Correct?

A
 B

-----
 C  |
     |
    |
----

- de

Some rule questions

Crusaders and Mercy

When a Crusader is attempting the Mercy ability and attacks, is the defender still permitted a defensive strike?

Line of site

Therefore sight is not blocked and A and C can see each other. Correct?

Yes

Yes. Just a note, here at Reaper we would probably grant Light Cover to A from Ranged Attacks from C if this occured in play here.

Yes. Just a note, here at Reaper we would probably grant Light Cover to A from Ranged Attacks from C if this occured in play here.

What about an attack spell? A is in C's LoS.

Thanks,

de

What about the Dwarven Bear Cavalry?  If I'm reading correctly, an all-Dwarf army could use these as non-unique, not Adept. (see the "Non-Unique/Adept Models" chart on page 112.)  Would they then be considered Grunts, to be fielded in their own units?

They would become Grunts instead of Uniques or Adepts, and could be fielded as grunts.

Even if they are solo do they become grunts? such as the Dwarven Bear.

What about an attack spell? A is in C's LoS.

As per spell. Most spells are not affected by cover.

Adepts => Grunts

Unique => No longer unique

No other changes

Adepts => Grunts

No other changes

Dwarven Bear Rider is a Unq. Solitaire. So in a Dwarf only company, they become simply a Solitaire and allow you to field more than one. Correct?

After rereading the Rules A bear rider would just as you stated dewen a normal solitaire

I rushed to the forum after rereading the rule in hopes nobody replied to my question so I could delete it away but alas I am to late.

Some rule questions

Crusaders and Mercy

When a Crusader is attempting the Mercy ability and attacks, is the defender still permitted a defensive strike?

Line of site

Therefore sight is not blocked and A and C can see each other.  Correct?

Yes

Reaper Bryan or Matt,

I thought of another related question. Could Mercy be used on a defensive strike? When rolling for a defensive strike, instead of causing damage use Mercy faction ability instead.

More questions. What happened to Pike ability? I noticed "Lance" became "First Strike" from Beta to the Rulebook, but I do not see a counter ability for First Strike.

- de

Edited by dewen

Adepts => Grunts

No other changes

Dwarven Bear Rider is a Unq. Solitaire. So in a Dwarf only company, they become simply a Solitaire and allow you to field more than one. Correct?

See above - the Bear Riders become Grunts in an all-Dwarf unit, according to Bryan.

I guess the other thing I'm wondering about his how would you give a group like this a commander? I'm guessing you'd use one of the Generic Heavy Cavalry Sergeants and assign the "Horrid" attribute (costs +5 points).

Don't forget that Treebeard is also non-Unique for Elves. Wow, here we go with a LOTR-esque Attack of the Treants. He's certainly big enough to use oponents as amunition, per the Toss rules. Wonder if he has an RAV?

See above - the Bear Riders become Grunts in an all-Dwarf unit, according to Bryan.

Bear Riders do not become Grunts. I think we mistranslated what Bryan was saying. Bear Riders are a Unq. Solo in the game. If you field them with an all dwarf Army they are treated as Solos. You cannot field Solos in a troop.

I don't think TreeBeard has a RAV, but I do find it especially fun to toss enemies 2"(equal to base size) at other nearby foes, with my river trolls. Even with a RAV of 0.

I thought this question could use some life and maybe an official answer.

If a Monster(Rauthuros, Great Demon) posses both Vile and Horrid and he is engaged by a model that is good and does not posses the Horrid ability. Does the good model have to make 2 seperate Discipline Checks to engage the Demon.

I think you misunderstood. They do not become grunts. They are just no longer unique. They are still Solitaires.