I think you did her justice. Her shield and her weapon look great. And I love the metallic shine of her boots

I think the blue of her hair ribbon is to bright. It stands out too much from her hair. That looks a bit odd, at least to me. But then again - I don't wear hair ribbon, so maybe that's fashion where she comes from.

And I would like to add that I really like the base!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She is BEAUTIFULLY painted in a WONDERFULLY imaginative array of colors. I have yet to let myself do a pink haired Girl. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

She looks great - love the axe and the pink hair and the color contrast with the grey and green of the base shows her off well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the 'Likes' and comments everyone!

13 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I think you did her justice. Her shield and her weapon look great. And I love the metallic shine of her boots

I think the blue of her hair ribbon is to bright. It stands out too much from her hair. That looks a bit odd, at least to me. But then again - I don't wear hair ribbon, so maybe that's fashion where she comes from.

And I would like to add that I really like the base!

I think her headband would work better if you could see more of it, even the bit across her forehead is mostly obscured by hair.

It also doesn't help that the ends are a lot shorter and less fluttery now after I had to operate on them. 

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I have a Lion:-

A Gigalion in fact.

I have some Hunters:-

Lets do this thing.

Started with the first Hunter:-

I'm calling him Mr. Lovely Locks.

Made some progress:-

Done his skin so far (Dwarf Skin > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Skin > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Light Skin), plus some 1:1 Scarlett Red/Dwarf Skin claw marks and an Old Rose nipple.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Well then ... it's done! We ... are done. After a rather short ride, I finally arrived at the end. Five minutes before lock-down I handed in my "Animals in War" painting challenge entry. As always, it consists of a small background story, together with a more or less well painted miniature.

Find the WIP ->here<-

I am not all to happy with it, I could have done a lot better, but it's okay. And in the end, I messed up the pictures as well. The good thing is: I could have done worse. *sigh* But well - can't help it. So, here she comes.

I tried to translate the original text to English, so if there are mistakes ( I am sure there will be) feel free to correct me.

As always: Feel free to comment, but if you just want to say "nice" or "cool", leave a like instead, because I value those as a nod to my participation in the forums. I really don't need "cool"s or "nice"s.

The Light Fantastic
      She sat by the wall, held her breath and listened.
      After a while, the tripping of many feet broke through the silence.
      Carefully the warrior woman looked up. She expected to see the enemy's face at any moment. But nothing like that happened.
      Instead, she could hear a voice, sending shivers down her spine. A calm, mocking pronunciation, unmistakable and probably unique in the world.
      "Hey, Evi," the unknown speaker shouted, "You can show yourself. I know you're out there."
      She took a deep breath, smiled grimly and pressed the lamp tighter to her chest.
      Yes, of course. He knew. He wasn't stupid. Quite the opposite. He was very intelligent - considering the fact he was a baboon. Call it arrogance, but it had been a mistake of the humans to believe monkeys to be of lower intelligence.
      It was the humans who were stupid. I renewed attempts, the succeeded in raising the intelligence of the primates to a level that even they could not reach. Made a joke about it - called them "Spartavians".
      Until that day, when the monkeys founded the SAS, the Special Ape Service, and began to overrun the human centers of civilization. The humans had no chance against the highly gifted animals - and soon they found themselves in a Stone Age created by the primates.
      All in the name of nature.
      But Evi was not willing to give all the power to the very hairy attackers.
      "Come out, come out, wherever you are! What is it? Have you lost your voice?," the Spartavian asked.
      She looked at the lantern in her hand. The light was dim, it's flame almost extinguished. It had used up most of its fuel over the long time of her mission.
      She sighed, then took a deep breath and turned the handle - which actually was an ignition mechanism. It clicked into place. A crunchy sound appeared. Suddenly, the light flickered as if it had just been supplied with new life energy.
      Evi counted quietly to three, rose up a little and threw the lantern as high as she could over the wall. With an almost inaudible noise the explosive disappeared from her field of vision.
      Nerve-shattering heartbeats later the clapping sound of two hands catching an object sounded.
      "But ... that's a lantern! I always wanted to have one like that"; the monkey remarked enthusiastically. "Wonderful! It will make a great addition to my front doo ..."
      A hollow bang cut off his last words.
      Slowly the warrior woman rose from her hiding place, wiping her mouth and nose. She breathed theatrically before addressing the just blown-up enemy. "Yippieyayeh! ape-face," she spat towards the quickly evaporating cloud of smoke.
      "Evi!" With a weak plop, similar to the distant bursting of a synapse, Evi returned to reality and looked up.
      The baboon on the other side of the fence stared at her with a mentally deranged look, then shrugged his shoulders and turned away.
      "Evi! I don't like it when you play around in front of the monkey house," Mama said sternly. "What will the neighbours think of use, when they see you talking to baboons?"
      "Child, you have too much imagination," Grandma said laughing before turning to Mama. "Maybe she should watch less television?"
      "I'll suggest it to Harold," Mama nodded and took her daughter away from the monkey cage. "But now we're going to the saltwater aquarium."
      "Saltwater? Are there any sharks?" the girl asked hopefully.
      "Sharks?" Mama laughed. "No. But little whales."
      The girl's eyes widened. "Whales?" she asked in disbelief.
      A small puddle in front of them started to move. At first the water only seemed to vibrate, rippled and splashed quietly, then it exploded into a fountain.
      A huge humpback whale emerged from the seething floods and crashed onto the floor slabs of the path.
      The huge monster crawled towards them on its pectoral fins, the remains of an arm hanging out between bloody, shredded baleen plates.
      "Hello Evi," the scarred monster greeted her with a sinister pirate voice. "I have learned how to eat meat."
      The warrioress Evi pulled her knife out of the sheath. A light smile crept on her lips, waited there for a moment and vanished, making room for an answer that you could only expect from any good warrior. "And I know how to fillet fish."

->Linked because of nipples!<-
    • By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I may have finished this guy in record time.  I am trying this new thing where when I want to stop and get up from my desk... I don't .  This is a bugbear that I just primed with a couple others even though I didn't really have any strong feelings about him.  But as I started working on him I started to get more excited, which is something that's been happening to me more now.  I just start a mini to get more stuff painted and end up liking the job.  I have started to put more effort into highlighting because I got a nudge here on the forums and I am so glad I did.  I really like the work I did on his armour, bringing the scales up to a brighter orange and ticking the edges with silver to make it look like the orange was paint wearing off.  In person he really glitters with that silver, something that didn't quite come across in the picture.  I like the highlighting I did with his skin and loincloth and also the silver rivets on the arm and shin guards.  I hope you all like him too!

• By planetmut
      Keith is very happy that he joined the Cult of the Obsidian Otter. He's met lots of like-minded people, he's getting plenty of fresh air and all that axe-swinging is building his upper body strength.

And the fact he can't get She Sells Sanctuary out of his head is just a bonus.

• By odinsgrandson
      A little while ago, I got a full set of metallic paints in vibrant primary colors.  I immediately felt like there was huge potential to this- you could use them to add all sorts of extra depth and interest to True Metallic techniques.
      And one of the things that struck me was the idea that you could use them for feathers.  With many birds, feathers already have a sort of metallic shine to them, so it isn't too crazy to consider using true metallic techniques to express this.
      While I initial was afraid that it would be hard to keep the phoenix from looking inanimate -like a bronze statue of a bird, rather than a bird.  To my surprise, I didn't have to do a lot of corrections for this, since the mini really never was in much danger of looking too inorganic.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 142 Guests (See full list)