Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Weird West: Bombshell's Eloise Covington and "Warfare Wombat"

Truly delightful sculpts by Bombshell that work well for a Weird West of gun-toting saloon gals and persnickety varmints. 

The sculpt listed as "Warfare Wombat" is clearly procyonid and in no way meant to represent a marsupial. Thus does copyright law make fools of us all (well, all except copyright lawyers, I suppose). While he might have been intended for a spacefuture setting, that uniform with the two rows of buttons looked like it could be retconned for a strange American Civil War. So I slapped together a half-assed kepi from greenstuff and painted him in Union blue. I didn't want to obscure the markings on his forehead, so the kepi is being blasted cartoonishly back by recoil. 

"Rocket's red glare," indeed. 
DSCN5458.thumb.JPG.b6d8ed0a15a033f3cd08d903444ba7f5.JPGDSCN5459.thumb.JPG.bba20633b118de909de1f1fec2702bbc.JPGDSCN5460.thumb.JPG.d638f8021e84814b9f4ea97140b5f2cd.JPGDSCN5462.thumb.JPG.1eb519cc6f5236351e04f2c824e7cf7b.JPG

Eloise Covington is much more refined, all flounces and furbelows, bustle, ribbons, and lace. Still, she is one determined lady, and a mean shot! 
The pink-on-pink color scheme is admittedly rather tacky, but tacky in a recognizably Victorian way. 

Eyes didn't come out too badly on her either. 

DSCN5464.thumb.JPG.7dd6e4f252a5a9fabc8d02784b49e1fe.JPGDSCN5465.thumb.JPG.1ed7603e0ada6898f00a7050697d6e20.JPGDSCN5468.thumb.JPG.d58dc010fdfb1989dd1abeb8e4337897.JPGDSCN5469.thumb.JPG.dc955e9b3b0c3637ae3b56b6fcb35365.JPG

DSCN5471.JPG

• Like 22

Those look great!

The kepi is a nice touch!

**** Sooo ehhhh, could I get Eloise's number? :wub:****

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those look great!

The kepi is a nice touch!

**** Sooo ehhhh, could I get Eloise's number? :wub:****

Sure thing! -.-  -.  - -   .....  - -...  .....  - - -..  -....  - -... .....  ...- -  - - - - -  - - - -.  as the song goes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, all! The sculpts are doing the real heavy lifting for me, but they were great fun to paint.

The hat might have been even better if I'd done it from scratch, but I hate wasting old nub-ends of greenstuff, so it's partly whittled.

The pinks are various blendings of TheArmyPainter Pixie Pink, Mutant Hue, and Chaotic Red with varying amounts of ivory white. Makes for a nice old-rose suite of colors. The peach color of the ribbons is a Reaper random sample.

3 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Thanks, all! The sculpts are doing the real heavy lifting for me, but they were great fun to paint.

The hat might have been even better if I'd done it from scratch, but I hate wasting old nub-ends of greenstuff, so it's partly whittled.

The pinks are various blendings of TheArmyPainter Pixie Pink, Mutant Hue, and Chaotic Red with varying amounts of ivory white. Makes for a nice old-rose suite of colors. The peach color of the ribbons is a Reaper random sample.

The only thing I would say is that most kepis had a black brim. But as the wombat has a LARGE gun I will not mention it

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The only thing I would say is that most kepis had a black brim. But as the wombat has a LARGE gun I will not mention it

I'll touch it up accordingly! Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this