Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

7th Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Challenge, Rules and Discussion (2019)

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Who is this Glitterworlf you speaking off? :devil:

Intriguing.  The typo monster that steals the "e" at the end of my name is converting them to extra r's and putting them into other people's names.  Sad fox that they aren't arrrrrrrrr's ::P:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Who is this Glitterworlf you speaking off? :devil:

Well.....I could blame a lack of coffee. I could blame that I have lived in Australia long enough that I have started adding Rs to words that don't need them (they don't pronounce the Rs that are already in words but will add them to words that don't require them.) I could blame fat fingers or too long of fingernails. Or I could say, whoops, sorry, I typed too fast and didn't notice I stuck a spare letter in there! ::P:

• Haha 5

is there any way to avoid the system automatically merging my two consecutive posts when I try to make two seperate entries in the same category? Is it enough to wait (how long?) or do I need to wait for somebody else to make a post before trying to make another entry?

22 minutes ago, Maledrakh said:

is there any way to avoid the system automatically merging my two consecutive posts when I try to make two seperate entries in the same category? Is it enough to wait (how long?) or do I need to wait for somebody else to make a post before trying to make another entry?

Those are the two methods. There is waiting either way. (Unless you can get an accomplice to post right after your first post and then quickly post entry number 2.)

• Like 1

Hey, everyone! Entries are looking great! I need to get in gear and get some things painted. Just a reminder to please be sure and read the rules. All of the categories are for large models. This tripped me up last year and I don't want anyone else to make that mistake. So, that's the end of my public service announcement. I now return you to your regularly scheduled painting!

• Like 1

I need a clarification on the rules.  Do large scenery type Reaper models like The Tree of Despair, Baba Yaga's Hut, the Mystic Circle, etc. count as the required large model for the purposes of a diorama?

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, QueenOfChalices said:

I need a clarification on the rules.  Do large scenery type Reaper models like The Tree of Despair, Baba Yaga's Hut, the Mystic Circle, etc. count as the required large model for the purposes of a diorama?

For sure! Any of those would be great additions in a diorama and they most definitely are large figures!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Had a busy weekend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just curious (I'm just finally getting set up to paint again and Big Stompy Robots are on the agenda) where do CAVs fit in terms of Reaper/non-Reaper now ?  Technically they are Talon Games, but then Reaper sells them.
Some of them would certainly fit the 40+mm category, and one of these years I'm going to get that 28mm scale Dictator painted....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Just curious (I'm just finally getting set up to paint again and Big Stompy Robots are on the agenda) where do CAVs fit in terms of Reaper/non-Reaper now ?  Technically they are Talon Games, but then Reaper sells them.
Some of them would certainly fit the 40+mm category, and one of these years I'm going to get that 28mm scale Dictator painted....

Well, I am trying to figure out who actually manufactures them. If Reaper has them sculpted and manufactured, then I would put them in the appropriate Reaper category If Talon Games has them sculpted and manufactured and Reaper only sells them, I would say they should go in the non-Reaper group. When you buy them, whose name is on the packaging? know less than 0 about CAV and had never looked at that page in the store prior to this post. (Maybe once just long enough to see it was not my cup of tea.)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Well, I am trying to figure out who actually manufactures them. If Reaper has them sculpted and manufactured, then I would put them in the appropriate Reaper category If Talon Games has them sculpted and manufactured and Reaper only sells them, I would say they should go in the non-Reaper group. When you buy them, whose name is on the packaging? know less than 0 about CAV and had never looked at that page in the store prior to this post. (Maybe once just long enough to see it was not my cup of tea.)

Confusing, eh?  All that's on the Reaper site is "Produced in association with Talon Games.".

Maybe @CAVBOSS can clarify for you?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Confusing, eh?  All that's on the Reaper site is "Produced in association with Talon Games.".

Maybe @CAVBOSS can clarify for you?

I have sent an email to see if I can get some clarification for you. I know they're busy getting ready for Reapercon so we'll be patient for a bit and see when they get back to me. I will let you know as soon as I hear something!

• Like 2

Ok, the answer is, it was originally Reaper's property and they promote it so it can go in the Reaper categories unless someone makes a compelling argument about why it shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pochi said:

Ok, the answer is, it was originally Reaper's property and they promote it so it can go in the Reaper categories unless someone makes a compelling argument about why it shouldn't.

Thank you for the effort.  I now feel compelled to actually get at least 1 CAV completed and submitted!
(maybe that will actually get me to finish one.....we can hope! ::D:)

• Like 3