7th Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Challenge, Rules and Discussion (2019)

Pochi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, we are down to 3 months! Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?

Anyway, there is still plenty of time to get things painted and entered. I myself haven't even finished my entries!

I know everyone is probably caught up in the kickstarter madness but don't neglect those old minis that you already have! Put some paint on them!

• Like 3

2 months left to get your minis painted and entered into the appropriate category! We have pretty good showings so far in all categories except dioramas. Remember, if entering a diorama, you need two or more figures and at least one figure must be a LARGE Reaper miniature and must be on a scenic base.

Also as of now, there is no prize support for the non-Reaper category. If anyone would like to contribute something towards prizes, just send me a message and we'll talk!

I hope everyone is enjoying the kickstarter and hope you are all painting up a storm!

• Like 4

On 11/29/2019 at 2:59 PM, Kuroneko said:

Would Dance of Death be eligible for the 100mm+ category? Technically it is 2 minis, but it's pre made so I don't see it going into the diorama category.

Absolutely it would count! I would say with being an intact mini, even though it is two dragons, it is one piece and would be large enough so go for it!

On 12/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Evilhalfling said:

does an arched doorway by reaper count as a second figure, for a diorama? 

and can I put a descriptive paragraph to help sell the story aspect? 

otherwise, I just have a big guy on a scenic base. 

That's a good question. I think of terrain as being more a part of the scenery but I can think of some instances where a single figure and some terrain could tell a story. The rules say "two figures" so I would think maybe the doorway wouldn't be a "figure". Would it fit in one of the other categories? The 40-99 or the 100+?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LarsM said:

Norr'okk Ettin does count as a large mini?.. I hope so, so I can enter my Rescue Mission diorama (if I get it finished in time!) 

He does count as a large figure. As long as you have at least one more figure on a scenic base with him, it can be entered in the diorama category.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

Could it be that you exceeded the size of the pics allowed?

I used the some of the same pics from the show off thread.  

It has been posted in the contest for quiet some time,  a bit upsetting that it was only recently removed just before deadline and without any notice.

6 minutes ago, robinh said:

@Mutilatedlips  I still see it on the contest page?

Thanks! still not appearing for me, but I guess as long as somebody can see it.  lol

It doesn't show up in my feed of posts either. Weird.

My avatar pic recently went away too, maybe that had something to do with it?