Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

7th Annual Reaper Forums Large Model Challenge, Rules and Discussion (2019)

53 minutes ago, Mutilatedlips said:

Thanks! still not appearing for me, but I guess as long as somebody can see it.  lol

It doesn't show up in my feed of posts either. Weird.

My avatar pic recently went away too, maybe that had something to do with it?

That has to do with the recent Forum Update, you might need to upload that again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mutilatedlips said:

Why was my Ma'al Drakar Dragon removed from the submission page?

10 hours ago, Mutilatedlips said:

I used the some of the same pics from the show off thread.  

It has been posted in the contest for quiet some time,  a bit upsetting that it was only recently removed just before deadline and without any notice.

Sorry that happened to you! I would have been upset if I thought my entry had been removed as well! All seems to be well with your entry!

10 hours ago, robinh said:

@Mutilatedlips  I still see it on the contest page?

10 hours ago, alchemist said:

Here is a specific link to your Ma'al entry.

Thank you both, and @Glitterwolf for hopping in and trying to help and reassure Mutilatedlips! One of the many reasons I love this community!

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You guys are knocking it out of the park with your entries! There are some beautiful paintjobs on some awesome minis that have been entered so far! The judges are going to have a tough time!

There are THREE weeks left to enter. I know a few of you are still working on some pieces that you plan on entering. I may have one more entry myself if I get it finished in time!

Keep on working on those large minis and just make sure not to rinse your paintbrushes in your eggnog or cider or whatever your festive beverage of choice may be!

• Like 3

I'm afraid I won't be able to paint much for now, with the house selling/buying thing and buying Christmas presents and all.

Maybe during the holidays themselves, I do have two weeks off.

Two weeks off filled with birhtdays, festivities and me cooking...let's see if I can do something..I still have two larger minis on my desk in WIP.

A Karkarion Warrior from Reaper and a Tlemiahuatl from Lost Kingdoms.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2019 at 5:28 AM, Fire_Eyes said:

Silly question, but I would like to submit my Zombie Sharknado piece into the contest, but I used a bunch of cheap shark toys to build the base. Would this make it more of a diorama or a single figure entry?

That is a good question! Check the rules for diorama and see if it meets all of the criteria. At least one large Reaper figure, more than one figure to tell a story, must have a scenic base. If those objectives are met, the diorama category should be fine!

Also, there is one week left to finish painting and get your entries submitted! 11:59 CST on December 31, 2019 is the last minute you can post your entries! So, grab your cup of Christmas cheer, whatever cookies Santa didn't eat, your paints, brushes, and minis and get to painting! You still have time!

• Like 6

Ok, painters! Not only are there 26 hours left of 2019 (depending on where you are!), but there are 26 hours left to finish up any minis you still want to enter in the contest and get them posted!

We have one prize donated for the non-Reaper category. (Huge Thank you!!) If anyone else would like to make a donation for prizes for that category, please send me a message to make arrangements.

• Like 8

Happy New Year! Thank you all for your entries and good luck! I will be contacting judges over the next few days. They will need some time to look over the entries and get their results back to me. I will then calculate their votes and announce winners. Great job, everyone!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nameless said:

Pochi, who will be judging this contest?

Right now I have heard back from @Kuro Cleanbrush and @Corporea that they are able to judge for us again this year. I have asked 3 others if they are available and am waiting to hear back from them. I ask 5 in case some of them can't do it. I want a minimum of 3 judges. All 5 were able to judge last year so that was great!

• Like 8

Alright, folks, the judges have spoken!

Thank you all for participating this year! We had a lot of great entries once again!

Thank you very much to @Kuro Cleanbrush , @Corporea , and @dks for judging again this year! We are so lucky to have talented artists willing to take time to be our judges. Kuro also said he would be happy to discuss your entries with you if anyone had questions about their entry.

Thank you, @Jasper_the_2nd , for donating a prize for the non-Reaper category!

Also, thank you to Reaper for hosting the contest and to @kit for organizing the prizes for us!

Without further ado, here are the winners of the 2019 Annual Forum Contest!

Single Figure 40-99mm Reaper

27 entries

First prize: Fungal Queen (Pochi)

Second prize: Ziba, Efreeti aka Fire Demon Girl  (Nameless)

Random draw: Fire Giant Huntsman w/ Hell Hound (dusty)

Single Figure 100mm+ Reaper

22 entries

First prize: Marthrangul, Great Dragon, painted as Amethyst Dragon (Cicciopiu)

Second prize: Dance of Death (Kuroneko)

Random draw: Gauth (Razalas)

Reaper Diorama

3 entries

Because we only had 3 entries, the rules state that there is only a first place and random draw.

First prize: Dungeon Dwellers  (Metalchaos)

Random draw: The Quest to Bring Home Miss Dosenbach (LarsM)

Non Reaper 40mm+ and Bust entries

15 entries

First prize: The Great Pumpkin (Auberon)

(Only one prize was donated)

Congratulations to all of the winners! Great job to all of you! It was a really close competition this year. Grab your brushes and minis! You only have 11 months and 3 weeks left to get your entries painted for the 2020 contest! :bday:

(If your name is listed above, I have sent you a message so we can arrange for you to receive your prize.)

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to all the amazing entries! And Thanks to the people doing all the behind the scenes work! 

• Like 3