Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Sailors of Kingsport: Black Cat Fishermen, Artizan Mad Jack,

18 hours ago, Rigel said:

I give you: Mad Jack the Lighthouse Keeper! 

Hey, my beard isn't quite that white yet, lol...  ::D: (On the other hand, I am a bit heavier...)

I like the OSL on the lantern.

My one critique would be that, held at that angle, the lantern would also be casting a small sliver of light on the right side of his shirt as well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks good!

Captain Jack is investigating a weird sound he heard.

The light of his lanter doesn't show anything strange though.

Was it just a figment of his imagination?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Hey, my beard isn't quite that white yet, lol...  ::D: (On the other hand, I am a bit heavier...)

I like the OSL on the lantern.

My one critique would be that, held at that angle, the lantern would also be casting a small sliver of light on the right side of his shirt as well...

The name was Artizan's idea...but I'm in the same boat as you, pardon the pun.
This was my first attempt at OSL, so if there's one critique, that means I've done better than I expected! Thank you, I'll touch him up soon. 

16 hours ago, Inarah said:

They look a very capable bunch. 

Ask the Harbormaster; she'll tell you they're capable of anything. Responsible crowd, too...anything goes wrong, they're probably responsible. 

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Captain Jack is investigating a weird sound he heard.

The light of his lantern doesn't show anything strange though.

Was it just a figment of his imagination?

...no, there it was again. A kind of wet, slapping sound. 
But the only thing disturbing the harbor were ripples of water dripping from the underside of the pier.
Odd, Jack thought. The swell shouldn't have reached the boards, even at high tide. 
Now there was no sound at all but dripping brine. 
Suddenly, he felt the plank beneath him flex...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Warlady said:

Reminds me of the old Tom Baker Dr. Who episode Horror of Fang Rock.  :-)

I've seen that one! Maybe it was a subconscious influence...

"Aye, it be true--strange doings been known to happen now and again in the lonesome places of the world."

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• By Rigel
      Didn't order this fella; there was a minor mixup in my order (which was corrected, I must say, with incredible speed--thank you, North Star/Artizan customer service!). BUT--I'll not complain about more pulp-era characters to paint! The Desert Fox is pretty useful for a variety of campaigns of varying pulp levels.
      Tried to make the colors match his official portrait. Here he is in a North African setting, with a toy car that is historically inaccurate but a good color match. A tank would have been better, but as we all know, a field-marshal goes to war with the army he has, not the army he wants.

Other angles below.

I call this one "Erwin Has A Bad Day." Special guest appearances by WWWOz Lion, Zenith, and Frank Buck. 

• By Rigel
      The West, both Wild and Weird, was a diverse place! Apache tribes featured prominently in history and in fiction, but not on my shelves...until now!
      Artizan has some good Wild West figures, and a 3-pack of Apache characters suited my purposes perfectly. 

Especially this guy: 

What a great face. So much caution, circumspection, and tired-of-this-bullbroccoli-ness. 
      More: 

Here are the other two, warriors and men of renown. Gave them a little more color and pattern, as well as the classic line across the face. 

More:

And because Deadlands monsters are literally made for Weird West settings and these fellows are clearly urging caution regarding SOMETHING, here is Some Thing. A Desert Thing, Bones version (91008). It's delightfully horrid. You want no part of this Thing. Painting the horrible slick teeth and gums of the inner jaw was a treat. 
    • By Rigel
      Meet Salchow and Lutz! Lutz there was originally marketed as Space Dwarf Leader 2, from Black Cat Bases' Moonfleet Miniatures line (The same  line that produces the Mole People from Sirius/Smoggers, http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83535-spacefuture-mole-people-from-sirius-mortar-crew-black-cat-smoggers/&tab=comments#comment-1770652). I got him along with Space Dwarf Leader 1 whom I repurposed as a zeppelin commander ( http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82097-pic-heavy-zeppelin-crew-feat-59041-deadlands-noir-patent-scientist/&tab=comments#comment-1740661 )

This little bearded fellow with peaked cap, shoulder tabs and an absurdly oversized gun makes a dandy Soviet guard.
      His comrade Salchow is from Brigade Games, BG-AWE013, listed as"Woman with pistol, winter coat/hat" and I wasn't about to pass up that fine Eastern European fur hat! I painted her up with garish paisleys, grey hair, and a pinched greyish face. She is a good spy/infiltrator mini. Very small though, even for 25mm scale.

And here's a group shot of the Slavic/Eastern European pulp crew! 

• By Rigel
      From Artizan's Thrilling Tales line, a distinguished academic in kente robes and kufi hat, with a colobus fly-whisk. A venerable elder deserving of respect and attention. 

I cheated a bit; a lot of the lines are in pen. Tried to make it clear there are at least two different patterns of cloth going on.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)