Gencon 2019

Rob Dean

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no speed paints, but I got into the classes I wanted, but failed to get into the PFS Special this year. It filled up very fast. I should have put both Easy mode and Hard mode (not what they actually called them) in my wish list. "Easy" mode filled up first. Also the Kobolds ate my baby Fury Road game sold out well before my queue got below 3000.

No frostgrave or Ghost Archipeligo games so far this Gencon either which is odd since they sold out last year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Speed paints were posted this morning...

As for Frostgrave and GA, it’s all on volunteer GMs, so it depends on what they  feel like hauling and running any given year. Even if filled, that doesn’t mean the GM doesn’t have a different itch to scratch this year. 

• Like 1

Last year they were all play the game with the writer events if I recall. Might have been a one time thing then. That's too bad. It didn't occur to me to look for frostgrave events until they were gone last year. Had really hoped to correct that this year.

Also I managed to snag two speed paint slots. So that's good at least.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, AutumnHare said:

I was looking for the booth on the map today:  Is Reaper not going to GenCon?  :down:

Sadly Reaper hasn't had a booth for quite sometime. Darksword hasn't for a couple years either. Reaper does still sponsor a speed paint though, and possibly the paint n take as well. Still plenty of other miniature companies going though. Dgs games and gct studios are ones I like to hit up every gencon as well as the pulp/crocodile games booth. Iron wind and Impact as well.

Everybody getting packed up and ready to go?

Edited by EvilJames
? not .
  • Like 5

On 7/29/2019 at 9:01 AM, EvilJames said:

Everybody getting packed up and ready to go?

Yup.  I'm running a bunch of DCC events, so I've been printing out a bunch of stuff - character sheets and the like.  I'm not doing any painting-related stuff, because I wanted to give myself a lot of time to wander around and see things.

• Like 4

I will be up there on Sunday as usual.  Me and my designated Gencon buddy (we have been doing this for about 6 years now) got a hotel on the northeast side of the city.  We usually go up to Fry's on Saturday evening, have dinner somewhere interesting and then get up bright and early to visit Gencon for family day on Sunday.  If any formites are interested in meeting to say hi or have lunch on sunday or dinner Saturday, PM me and we'll see if we can get our schedules to coincide.  I usually spend Sunday wandering the vendor hall looking at the new toys and collecting those things that are just so hard to find at retail (Dropfleet ships for one, shipping those from the UK is pricey!)  The problem with going up on Sunday is if you go to play something, that is pretty much your entire day but I tried doing the entire thing and found myself spending a lot of time either waiting for something to happen or having too many things happen at once for me to have a really good time.  Well that and I have become sub-urban, not really urban any more.  I tire pretty easily around that many people.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ooooh, that preview they (TTCombat) did of their Gencon 10mm scale board looks nice....

They're stuff is really pretty.  last year I got to play a demo of the ruleset that starts as Dropfleet, you drop your armies and then the game proceeds to dropzone to continue the game and it has some serious effect on game play.  where you drop your pods suddenly becomes a lot more important because you have to make sure your pods don't spread too thin and that you can still provide support.

• Like 4