2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

They're stuff is really pretty.  last year I got to play a demo of the ruleset that starts as Dropfleet, you drop your armies and then the game proceeds to dropzone to continue the game and it has some serious effect on game play.  where you drop your pods suddenly becomes a lot more important because you have to make sure your pods don't spread too thin and that you can still provide support.

That... That definitely makes a case for having both. 

I wonder how much that table will cost this weekend... Not that it can be purchased online, sadly (or that I have funds to give to someone to buy it for me, lol) 

• Like 4
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wyrd speed paint finals.        Not a clue what it is, but I got a prize for third place. 

And, last event, Reaper final speed paint.        Not the best picture...

Finished my two back-to-back speedpaint events...     Won Reaper round 5, and got a qualification for the Wyrd finals in the next round.    The Reaper gal is going

Posted Images

Home safe and sound. Sleep now. Feeling more worn than last year. Orc stomp really kicked my butt this year as well. Tried wearing my Beetlejuice costume on Saturday, but for some reason the makeup I have always used just started burning my eyes something fierce and I had to give up about halfway through the day. I ended up missing my Saturday speed paint because of it. My Thursday speed paint didn't go nearly as well as @Rob Dean 's but it was fun nonetheless. I did get a bronze for my wereshark in the painting contest. I'll hopefully put up some pictures in the morning.

• Like 7

I had a great time at Gen Con!  I think my biggest hassle was getting to my airbnb from the airport - it was really very crowded and busy at the airport on Wednesday!  

I ran my four games for Dungeon Crawl Classics in their headquarters (127) and had a blast with each.  I was a little worries about running my games at 7 each day and being too tired, but actually the energy of the group having fun buoyed me up!  Heck, my last game was attended by a group of six friends, and they brought mead and beer which they shared with me, and that really went well.

I've got some pictures here and there of the dealer's room - I was tempted to go into the Kingdom Death booth, but honestly I have enough stuff waiting to be painted, that I didn't need to start anything new.  I realize that's heretical.

I had fun playing/demoing both Zombicide: Invader and Cthulhu: Death may die, which made me feel even better about my backing both.  Also, tried a CMON game called 'Foodies' which isn't the standard guys on a map game - it's a tableau building game where you're trying to build a food court with various synergies.  I had a fun time with it.

More later!

• Like 11

Heading home now; I didn’t buy any new miniatures either.  My brother and I got our 4 miniatures games run, so that was a success.  I’m still pretty exhausted this morning...I feel like I used all of my carefully hoarded extrovert tokens this weekend, and it’s going to take some quiet time to begin to recharge.

Burrows and Badgers was popular, and the players all enthusiastic.

31E635A0-914E-472B-85C1-C6BB9382EE1A.thumb.jpeg.b61415302e465fd55e22ea2302b8ef8b.jpeg

A29AAB03-F39B-4C8B-9B3F-EE40AB47E4FF.thumb.jpeg.925a0df2f04243545963d1be755acc9b.jpeg

We had fewer takers for Chaos Wars, mass fantasy battles with vintage Ral Partha figures, but at least they were equally enthusiastic.

631D31DD-2DE9-43E9-B143-1F211F332BC3.jpeg

• Like 10

I had a great time playing Burrows and Badgers hosted by Rob Dean and his brother. Everyone was nice and social at that event. 

I also played in a 5th ed D&D battle royale that was a lot of fun and got a bunch of my Magic cards signed by the artists for my cube.

I didn't buy too much. A couple t-shirts, a metal D20 (never had one before) and a pad to roll it on. I also picked up a game called "Amazing Tales" to play with my kiddos. They came with me on family day and did the kids painting event. I didn't buy any minis, but my kids picked a few out of the Ral Partha bargain bin and Rob Dean gave away some Oathsworn minis at his event. 

Chilling at my sister's place now. Our flight out of town is this afternoon. 

• Like 9

Congratulations to all the award winners!  Looking forward to pictures.

Did anyone else see the will call line on sunday?? I'm afraid we wound up buying new tickets.  The one person I knew in the line wound up waiting 2 hours in line to get her tickets and she wasn't at the end of the line.

The line to just walk up and but the day ticket was 5 minutes....  they may have to rethink their people handling methods

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

It was a pleasure gaming with you as well—you should definitely come up to Harford county and play some games with us!

In case Rob didn't give you the details, we have our club's regional con, BARRAGE, coming up the end of September.  

https://www.hawks-barrage.org

• Like 3
On 8/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, Kangaroorex said:

Congratulations to all the award winners!  Looking forward to pictures.

Did anyone else see the will call line on sunday?? I'm afraid we wound up buying new tickets.  The one person I knew in the line wound up waiting 2 hours in line to get her tickets and she wasn't at the end of the line.

The line to just walk up and but the day ticket was 5 minutes....  they may have to rethink their people handling methods

The will call line was long most mornings, although when I paid attention it at least seemed to move pretty quickly.  Maybe they were low on people by Sunday?  I don't know.

I happened upon the line on Friday around mid-day and discovered that it had contracted to the pipe and drapes, so I happily jumped into line and picked up my tickets.  

I understand that some events were using an electronic ticket system, where they just have to scan your badge.  I went to a podcast recording session for Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff that used this method.  Hopefully it spreads.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, HornedTurtle said:

Did anyone happen to try out the new Stargate RPG? They had demos but I can't find any information online.

I went through the dealer's room many times, but didn't see this.  

• Like 1