Starhawk VI

Froy The Orc

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have my 2, thanks to Leech. I am so disappointed with the pose, here we have one of the fastest moving CAVs in the game and it has a totally static pose ..... sorry just does nothing for me. I mean the Rhino is in a walking pose but no the Starhawk is static. Oh well.

Stuart

More points per track for one thing. And they were actually easier targets as the Mantis both had +4 ECM packages.

I do have to disagree with you though, I think the 'Hawk IV is more dangerous than the Mantis. two at +5 and two at +4 with no TL vs two at +6 and two at +2.

With TL they go up even more.

I have a pair, but I don't know if I'll ever field them. I can think of other things to spend 509 points on!!

Like a pair of Dictators, or a Mantis and a Jaguar, or rip off an IFM from something and field a pair of Manti.

Well, doing some quick mental calcs, the Hawk 6, with +4 ARM, +4 ECM and the PP-64 should cost in the region of 560 to 600. That's a lot of points to spend on a single CAV, but it does give you a lot of options.

I think I'll pair the Starhawk with something heavy hitting like a Revenant or Rhino and see if it'll be of any use at Rhino hunting.

Afterall, an Emperor is a little more expensive, and the Rhino is a whole lot more expensive.

Course, I may simply turn my Warmaster 70 Dictator into a regularly fielded unit and use that for Super hunting :o)

I didn't have any problems with it in the Warmaster, and since there's no 6DT +4 ECM's you'll have to do that if you want one.

Okay, 509-20+70+10=560

This is very rough maths, since I don't have any books with me to work out exact numbers, but it should be around that.