Mckenna35

Anyone play 7TV from Crooked Dice?

Stumbled across this game the other day and was wondering if anyone had played it?  Love the concept and the look of the figures, just wondering if the game is fun & re-playable?

Yes, I play a bit of this.  The figures are very good quality and the rules are unusual. Instead of being a wargame players are meant to think of each game as a television episode. You are very much encouraged to act "in character" and be a dastardly villain or plucky hero. If you can find an opponent who can enter into the spirit of this the games are very entertaining. 

Crooked Dice recently finished a kickstarter for an apocalyptic future game (again, there are many references to TV programmes):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1039850061/7tv-apocalypse-skirmish-rules-and-28mm-miniatures?ref=discovery

I'm not sure if it is still possible to late-back this, but it would be a good way to start if you are interested in their products.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve not played the game, but I adore their miniatures. They have some of the best TV-based character figures out there.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I’ve not played the game, but I adore their miniatures. They have some of the best TV-based character figures out there.

^^ So much this!! 

I have 1e books, and a bunch of minis, but nobody plays it near me (warhammer or warmahordes starwars stuff or historical wargames).

I have only played the first edition rules. I ran an Agents of Shield game at a game convention in Colorado several years ago. It was a lot of fun. 

One of the important things about the game is that it really emphasizes the main characters role. Some people dislike that in games. I think it works great in 7TV because it is supposed to be like a tv show. And that is the way most action adventure shows are.

Buckyball