Munchkin Dungeon by CMON

Rahz

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/munchkin-dungeon/posts/2400492

Couldn't find a post on this...  

Minis look cool, in keeping with Kovalic's art, and the feel is right.  Just not sure I need a mini-based version of Munchkin on top of the few I already have.  Price seems reasonable though it is another CMON project and I'm still waiting for "Zombicide in Space", a project on which there has been very little communication.  

• Like 1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

CMON generally don't communicate a whole ton, so know that's what you're getting into, and it'll be ok.

I must say, it feels totally surreal to see a CMON Kickstarter take so long to hit its initial funding.  Mind, the initial goal is really high, but it still seems crazy.

Usually the starting price point is closer to $100, whereas here it's $60, $90 for the full set.  Compared to the $100/$150 for Zombicide: Invader, it's going to be slower right out of the gate.  It's also a very different style of minis, which may not be for everyone.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This is my feelings on it.  If Steve Jackson Games had been doing this Kickstarter, I'd have backed it already.

Me, too. This is a tough one - based on their reputation, I'm not comfortable enough to back it - but it is Munchkin, and the minis look nice. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This is my feelings on it.  If Steve Jackson Games had been doing this Kickstarter, I'd have backed it already.

Well, Steve Jackson Games is already busy with their Pocket Box kickstarter right now.  And besides, as I understand it, SJG is just licensing Munchking to CMON, they're not involved in the production of it.

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Me, too. This is a tough one - based on their reputation, I'm not comfortable enough to back it - but it is Munchkin, and the minis look nice. 

Well, I don't know what this reputation is, but I've always gotten everything I've ordered from every CMON kickstarter that I've backed.  (Well, minus ones that aren't delivering yet.)  Sure, sometimes it's slow, and other folks seem to want more communication, but what's important to me is that I get what I pay for, which I have.

• Like 4

I have always found CMON to be on point with their KSers and deliveries.  They have also corrected issues, reshipping minis to me I received broken.  That said HATE was the last CMON I backed, I just have not liked what they are offering as of late, but that's more due to taste in games. There bad rep is basically 100% from how they do business, they make a KS, and offer tons of exclusive content in stretch goals.  Thing about CMON though, is Exclusive means exclusive.  They never sell or reoffer any of it, sans conventions.  This creates an after market for the exclusives that makes completionist (and i have been one before) that wants EVERYTHING to pay 100s on EBAY.  Some people love this, it creates a FOMO (Fear of missing out) effect on their KS which gets more people in.  It also hurts there ability to do retail business.  They have actually been taking steps to correct this the last year, even offering some Blood Rage exclusives redesigned to skirt their exclusive policy.  They also communicate about once every 3mo if you are lucky after funding, but they are pretty good about delivery in my experience.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

CMON is better on their Kickstarters than they are in their webstore sales, from what everyone has said it seems. Still, that sale was enough to make me hesitate to directly support them. 

Yep. That webstore sale they had a year or two ago was a real mess, but even though several things I wanted were cancelled from my order, I still got a ton of stuff at an excellent price.

And while I haven’t backed a CMON project in a while, I did back several of their earliest kickstarters, the first two Zombicides, Rivet Wars, and Sedition Wars, and received everything I ordered.

Although there were some issues with the rules and minis for Sedition Rules. I don’t blame CMON as much as I do Studio McVey.

But if CMON came out with a miniatures game featuring designs I liked, I’d probably back them again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

CMON is better on their Kickstarters than they are in their webstore sales, from what everyone has said it seems. Still, that sale was enough to make me hesitate to directly support them. 

Likewise.

I'm of the  "Once bitten twice shy" kind.

There are many companies that sell minis so I don't support one that failed me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Likewise.

I'm of the  "Once bitten twice shy" kind.

There are many companies that sell minis so I don't support one that failed me.

Like others, this is me as well. The Black Friday of '17 was a mess. I did get 95% of my order & I did get everything back that was owed to me in the end it was the wait & how the whole sale went what irked me the most. I've played Zombicide & Super Dungeon (thou not directly theirs but still) & enjoyed the games. With that being said, I'm seriously thinking about backing this one. I love Munchkin & I like the minis in the set + having the FLGS now means I can actually play the darn thing here at home.

It's all a matter of do I wanna back it or not right now. I may back to get KS updates & if I don't feel like going through the whole wait for CMoN process again, I can always back out. Thou, I do hate doing that.

• Like 4