Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Winter is here: February 2019 Goals

It’s almost February, so it’s time to think about what you want to get done. 

For me:

Finish at least one twelve figure unit (two would be better)

Add something to the 1/72 scale plastic Portable Fantasy project

Paint enough Burrows and Badgers figures to fill out a third war band and fill out the war band forms (that translates to two or three new ones...)

Paint a standard bearer for my Ghost Archipelago crew. I have a banner design sketched (bottom one, after review by my aesthetic consultants):

F34E229B-AF82-4BE9-88E1-89E6A0E61C00.thumb.jpeg.492171b1b3ece2ab9bb13765826ecdbf.jpeg

Stretch goal: Something for the proposed urban fantasy game

• Like 10

Right next goals.

• Work on La Charra Bust
  • Finish Undead Clan War Necromancer
  • Finish Oathsworn Female Monk
  • Finish Reaper Black Reef Pirate
  • Like 7

Paint.

It's that simple, I just wanna get back into painting on a more regular basis. My paint table is a complete mess right now & I need to clear that off before I do anything serious. Helps that allot of the stuff on it now are Vegas/LVO prep figures & pieces but it does need a good "let's start over" clean up on it.

I've got 2 commissions for my Monday night AL players that I need to get done & I also want to place more painted figures then unpainted for the weekly game as well. I just need to paint!!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Going to change my goals around a bit to make up for January's shortcomings.

• Finish the 20 Mantic revenant unit. It's about 5-10% painted, but the color scheme is already established so I think this is achievable. Nice tabletop unit is all I'm going for.

That's it. Anything else I accomplish is bonus.

• Like 8

My goal for February is to get some stuff cleared off my shelf of shame.  I've got a "Young Fire Dragon" that's been sitting there for several years.  

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

My goal for February is to get some stuff cleared off my shelf of shame.  I've got a "Young Fire Dragon" that's been sitting there for several years.  

77026? I like that one. I’ve done two so far, one in red and one in green. I’m using them as full-size dragons with 1/72 scale figures. Funny you should bring up shelf of shame issues, though, as I was painting a 1/72 scale figure from the Airfix Robin Hood set at lunch. I can tell by the plastic color that it’s been kicking around in my heaps since sometime before 1975...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

77026? I like that one. I’ve done two so far, one in red and one in green. I’m using them as full-size dragons with 1/72 scale figures. Funny you should bring up shelf of shame issues, though, as I was painting a 1/72 scale figure from the Airfix Robin Hood set at lunch. I can tell by the plastic color that it’s been kicking around in my heaps since sometime before 1975...

That's the one.  It's done enough that it got used in a game once, so really it should just be finished up already!  And thanks for making me feel like a young whippersnapper, I was only 3 years old in 1975.  :upside:

• Like 10

Gonna try to get my Jan/Feb RP Challenge stuff finished up. Hoping to get a bunch primed Monday, it's supposed to be in the upper 60s.

• Like 9

February Goals:

Finish reading Waterdeep Dragon Heist.

Paint 15 miniatures

- Including 5 minis to be used for WD:DH

Make a list of all minis I'll need for this module

Create / Print all maps I expect to need for chapter 1 of the module

I want to start running in March. That's the plan.

• Like 7

Ongoing goals:

One metal Mini per month  (Rumbleguts)

3+ from bones3 Core 

Other:

Finish Horned Serpent Vinette (converted figure from bones mashup class) 

- possibly convert to a diorama. 

Snow White the T-Rek. 

Finish January's metal mini - River Widow 

• Like 9

In keeping with my 2019 goals, in February I plan to:

1.  Paint a character mini for my friend's D&D game
  2.  Finish painting my replacement ranger for Rangers of Shadow Deep
  3.  Paint a fantasy figure to enter in the local painting contest
  4.  Paint a sci-fi character to enter in the local painting competition.
  5.  Paint this month's Mithril miniature.

My long term goals for 2019:

Paint all the figures in the annual box (3)

Continue my current Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign and perhaps work on two mini campaigns

Paint three entries for miniature painting competitions this year. It has increased to five. (2 down)

Run a Call of Cthulhu game for my roleplaying group

Paint character minis for all the players in my D&D group. (on track with two)

Paint a Mithril miniature each month (on track with two)

buckyball

• Like 7

Didn't do so hot last month, but let's fire it up in these cold, blizzardy times....

• Progress on each of my "main" WIP threads, and spend at least two painting sessions working on various things - Furiously Fluffy Howling Hounds, Wyrmgear, and my Skaven
  • Start Ritterlich CAV WIP, and of course get some work done on said minis!
  • Aim for completing the first RPChallenge bonus challenge, even if I don't have a "shelf", nor do I consider WIPs that have gone on for a long time shameful ::P:
  • Figure out a mini for the year RPChallenge... challenge.  I have a few front runners, but haven't really decided yet (it probably won't be a CAV though)
  • Quite possibly give the second RPChallenge bonus challenge a shot - I did have fun finger painting a skeleton, after all.
  • Greenstuff work on Wyrmgear and/or Minotaur Demon Lord
  • Work on Sir Forscale because, well, I have an idea or two and I want to do it! ^_^;;;;
  • Like 8

I may not get as much painting done this month, as my elder daughter and her Man Clan (husband and four sons) are coming to Arizona for the SCA Estrella War mid-month, and are actually here for a visit on both ends of the War.  I haven't seen them in nearly four years!  As they are all staying with me in my apartment when they aren't camping on site, I doubt much coloring of metal will happen.

However, I am continuing my current commission, which are now four of the WizKids dwarves.  And as always, there is another dragon in process.

• Like 10

Plan is to finish four minis again in February, with hopefully a bonus one to make up for the fact I only painted 3 in January.

• Like 8

On 1/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, Morihalda said:

2019 Goals:

- Put some more work in my practicing skintones thread. I have about 20 minis in there that I'd like to have practiced!

- I started Ma'al last November. I would like to have him done by the end of the year. 

- Sculpt some faces and people! 

Hmmm. December and January were so busy, I was barely on the forums or painting. Holidays, family, doctor appointments, brain fogginess, sleeeeeep.

January Goals:

- Repair and repaint a ceramic statue for my grandmother. I did finish that yesterday!

- Paint my friend's mini.

- Paint the Bones Black Owlbear.

- Finish painting the Tablescapes Dungeon and Mines tiles. I wanted to do a million things with them, but I really just need to sit down and paint them how they are. Not every project needs extra flair, Mori! :blush: 

I... did all my monthly goals?

I did all my monthly goals!

I don't think I've ever done that before.

I should make a January showoff thread

February:

- Sculpt two figures. Nothing fancy. I won't make characters I'm attached to and then get frozen because they're not even close to how I pictured. Just plain people practice.

- I'd like to get some basing done on Ma'al.

- A friend bought a pirate mini on the Reaper site, so the next step is to have him come over and paint it!

Edited by Morihalda
I decided to make that thread.
  • Like 9