Fimo Air Earth elementals

lazarp

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Here’s the first new project of 2022.  I looked through the forums and saw a few versions of this based on the Redstone Triad.  I will try that.  I put a few pieces of cobblestone sheet styrene on the base, then flocked with sand.  I hope it will look like fragments of an old road when I’m done.
    • By vulture
      My stash will arrive today!
      I haven't done a WIP in a very long time , something I intend to remedy.
      I am extremely excited to get my hands on my contribution to Bones 5, the Whispering Ghoulsbane. Maybe more so than any prior piece I have made. Seeing as how I don't actually have the mini in had at this moment, Id thought I'd fill this space with some history about the concept.

I like to watch reviews for feedback on pieces I've made (and learned a lot).  A few review waffled on what the thing was, exactly. Part of me revels in this ambiguity -it is what you want it to be. That said it does have a mundane monster  origin story.......wait, say, lets make a game of it!

Which "old school" monster served as the primary inspiration for the Whispering Ghoulsbane? take a guess.

Wait wait wait! it's here, at this very moment! Delivery! let the prepping begin.
      Step 1: Open the bag.

That is all for now.
    • By haldir
      Ok, so next week I'm gonna be replacing the LCD in my printer finally, but I'm also gonna replace the noisy fan on the very bottom of the printer. I finally found a good shot of the guts from the bottom:

Now the fan I ordered a few months ago is definitely not the one I need as it's one of the filter fans. So I'm gonna have to order a fan this week. That is why I'm posting here. What fan is good for this?

I've read where someone has modded theirs to run a 120mm fan, I just wanna do a direct replacement of it. One caution I have is the connections. Does the fan just clip into one of the white connectors or is it one that the wires go into the posts that screw down (like on a Ender 3)?

Funny how now I find this site vs trying to find anything these past few months:

(note the fan wire, it clips into one of the white connectors (yeah!!)
      Any help will be appreciated for this.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      How do you make an octopus laugh?  You give him ten tickles!

Wanted to show off this little octopus that I sculpted from some leftover green stuff.  I don't have much experience with sculpting other than a few simple embellishments on minis and a couple of snake swarms I made once.  Wanted to try something relatively simple and figured an octopus would be pretty forgiving.

You can see more about how I made this guy and more of my nautical minis in my Dark Tide WIP thread HERE.

I sculpted and painted this guy in two evenings and am happy with hos cute it turned out.  It's not the most accurate, but I'm proud of it.  It definitely has given me greater confidence in my ability to make something out of nothing.

More Photos Beneath the Spoiler:

• By Thrym
      Yeah, another base. Shocker, I know.  It's one I've been thinking about for years, basically, since I bought the beads that are in it.

So, the premise:
      I use the air-dry clay hexes from the previous project as well as these beads I bought at Walmart so long ago. The Bugle Beads are hex-shaped and iridescent.  The color on the tube is labeled as "black iris."

I build a flat of the hexes and use the beads upright on a portion of the base to represent an unusual terrain.  I use a pill bottle shell along one edge to build the terrain upward on that edge more easily.  I'll peel that off later.  

So here's the bottom layer of the piece.

The front layer is as high as it will go.  The next layer will go to the top of the beads and also be flat.  The last layer will be more like a hill on the other side of the beads.

Now if this was for a mech it would look like pilings holding back the earth.  I will use more of them here than just along the fronts.

Stay tuned. Enjoy. Please, stay safe.