Jump to content

NyarlaBcn

Mudcroack, frogman Shaman 03174

Recommended Posts

Fabulous!! Love the eyes, the bones and the blues! 

Edited by Cicciopiu
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & WONDERFULLY based creations. Your color choices are SPLENDID; I love the leaves/fronds. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, malefactus said:

That is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & WONDERFULLY based creations. Your color choice are SPLENDID; I love the leaves/fronds. VERY WELL DONE!

Haha thank you so much ^^ I had so many second thoughts about the colors while painting it.... I wonder how it must feel to paint a mini without hesitation and moments of regret... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darcstaar said:

Great work.

So smooth.

Gloss on the eyes is a nice touch.

Right? 

I was about to use gloss on all its skin; many selvatic frogs are... well, glossy, due to sticky/wet skin. But in doing so I would have ruined that special touch the eyes have, now I think they pop out much more. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the colors. Absolutely stunning (and as much as I like the blue, it's the bones that really stand out to me, they are spot on!)

 

Also love that his eye is so pink... Looks like the shaman has been chasing visions by licking his own back...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful work. I love the delicacy of the patterning on the creature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O love the eyes!  Great job on this little guy.  I am sure he will scare the dickens out of some poor adventurer!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Haha thank you so much ^^ I had so many second thoughts about the colors while painting it.... I wonder how it must feel to paint a mini without hesitation and moments of regret... 

 

Awesome!

It is actually a natural colour!

This is a Poisoned Dart Frog!

Well done!

 

image.png.7c7dc112cc972e9df248742e8b96167a.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sanael said:

Love the colors. Absolutely stunning (and as much as I like the blue, it's the bones that really stand out to me, they are spot on!)

 

Also love that his eye is so pink... Looks like the shaman has been chasing visions by licking his own back...

Okay, I actually laughed out loud at this.

 

The overall composition (and execution!) here is fantastic. If you don't mind me asking,  what was your approach on the bone parts? I'm trying to get that exact effect on a suit of armor right now, and haven't hit on the right colors yet for base and shade.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Awesome!

It is actually a natural colour!

This is a Poisoned Dart Frog!

Well done!

 

image.png.7c7dc112cc972e9df248742e8b96167a.png

Yes! Had the creature in mind but couldn't remember the species. 

When I finished the blues, I was almost set on not painting the greenish-black spots pattern; afraid of ruining it. Thats what I meant, I usually have a clear idea of what I want to do, and while doing it, lots of second thoughts. It looked great only with the blue: could it be a mistake to draw the spots? 

It may seem worth the risk, but sometimes a mini can look "overcooked" if you keep working on it past a certain point. 

47 minutes ago, Slatejunco said:

Okay, I actually laughed out loud at this.

 

The overall composition (and execution!) here is fantastic. If you don't mind me asking,  what was your approach on the bone parts? I'm trying to get that exact effect on a suit of armor right now, and haven't hit on the right colors yet for base and shade.

Haha yep he's tripping on himself xd 

 

About the bone: what brand do you use? I only use citadel. Later on I can give you the exact recipe. Its a mix of two colors for the base + ink washing diluted with mixer + one of the previous two as a first highlight + final highlights with a ceramic white. If I'm not forgetting any step. sorry for the lack of precision, not at home right now. I'll give you the names of the paints (& photo so you can see the tone) later

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by NyarlaBcn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

About the bone: what brand do you use? I only use citadel. Later on I can give you the exact recipe. Its a mix of two colors for the base + ink washing diluted with mixer + one of the previous two as a first highlight + final highlights with a ceramic white. If I'm not forgetting any step. sorry for the lack of precision, not at home right now. I'll give you the names of the paints (& photo so you can see the tone) later

1

Thanks for your help! I primarily use Reaper, but I've got a healthy collection of Citadel washes and paints.

 

Straight Reaper bone triads haven't gotten me where I want to go (darker, yellowed-brown in the deepest shadows up to an almost polished look for the highlights), so I need a better approach. And it's likely that I have the colors you used, either Citadel or their Vallejo, Coat D'Arms, or Army Painter analogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By lazarp
      Just finished the wizard for my upcoming mordheim/frostgrave orc warband! Hope you like him 
       

    • By Venun
      Tried some cork on the base aswell, happy enough on the results, following bases were better though.
       





    • By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.
       
      WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150
       
       













    • By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted Bufo, the Frogman (or maybe he's supposed to be a Toadman) figure from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion.  I decided I'd paint him like a frog, and since most all of my frog figures are already painted like colorful tree frogs and poison dart frogs, I thought I'd continue that pattern and paint Bufo like a Red Eyed Monkey Tree Frog. I love how full of character this figure is, and had been looking forward to painting him since the Kickstrater ran.
      Painted for tabletop use.
       




    • By Glitterwolf
      I have created a little diorama / terrain piece to go with my Lost World Project.
       
      WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81223-welcome-to-the-jungle-by-glitterwolf/
       
      I used the base of Kaladrax Bones, now OOP to create some Aztec style ruins.
      The smaller Aztec ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld.
       
      For the creatures in the murky river I used the Moray Eel of Reaper's  02948: Familiar Pack VII, sculpted a lungfish and some Trilobites myself ( almost invisible in the murky water as they should be.) and I sculpted a second eel.
      And a Bones Centipede 77427: Dungeon Vermin - Centipede .
       
      The Plantlife are the Plant Dragon and the Deathstar Lilies from Bones
      77505: Dragon Plant  and 77504: Death Star Lilies .
       
      The Triceratops cadaver is a plastic Triceratops skeleton which I fleshed out with putty.
      The little feathered raptors are Ral Partha Velocirapors and I used putty to give them feathers.
       
      There is a juvenile Barchiosaurus in the back he's from a Paint and Play set from Wild Republic.
      The Flying Creature is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.
       
      The Giant Centipede is from Safari Toob Animals which I repainted.
       
      Thanks to @knarthex for providing me with flock, @strawhat for sending me the Toob Animals from which the Giant Centipede is now used, @TaleSpinner for his advice on sculpting feathers, I'm not superb good at it but I think it worked.
      @SisterMaryNapalm and @malefactus for their ongoing support and tips.
       
      Enjoy:
       
       























  • Who's Online   31 Members, 4 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

×