Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

Ollie the Dragon mascot

I can see that one on a vintage cover of Dragon. Nice work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Alright, I was a bit confused by his pedigree.  He is actually Angamrindax  and he was sculpted by Bob Olley.  To me he will always be Ollie the dragon for reasons.

On the Impact site it says he is an Elfball mascot, but somewhere I have a little more history on him that says he was a mascot and treasure guardian for on of the blood bowl teams, though I haven't done the work to remember or look up which one yet... 

All in all, its a cool little old school dragon who showed up with a bunch of Chibis.  He is also metal which makes him a rarity for Tom and the bunch at Impact. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Highlander said:

You pulled off the orange and yellow.

Thanks!  I got the effects I wanted from him to apply to the larger dragon. I went a different direction with the wings and I'm glad I did.  I also like his treasure pile!  Lots of practice on using the scale 75 gold kit

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge again, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1. (not yet updated for the CAV II figures)

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little or not as much as one would like, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, post in the bi-monthly thread and include the tag RPChallenge

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Year long challenge
      Pick a miniature of size large or greater to complete in the Jan-Feb Block. In Nov-December, purchase that same mini and repaint in the same scheme to see direct side-by-side improvement or changes in your methods

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84372-january-february-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85335-march-april-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 8 https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86376-may-~-june-rpchallenge/
      July/August: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87162-julyaugust-rpchallenge/
      Sept/Oct: 9:
      Nov/Dec: 9:

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

July and August 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Independence Day! Both Canada and the US celebrate their independence days in July. Keeping it clean - paint a mini that resembles the most absurd stereotype of the country, whether it's a lumberjack riding a moose with a jug of maple syrup, or a fat dude in a scooter with the american flag and a big mac.  Or something from the film Independence Day, that works too.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      August 22nd is National Spumoni day. 3-layered Gelato dish. Paint any mini in a themed pallet around your choice image of said dish.

Hard Mode Challenge! Eruption
      Also in August is the fabled eruption of Pompeii. A full-size diorama is a but much to ask - but instead theme a mini around trying to escape the eruption (lava flows, flying chunks of rock, etc) particularly utilizing the OSL and an ashen look.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Statuesque Miniatures

Ok. We're all set. The Kickstarter launches on Tuesday! It's not a massively long campaign, so tell everyone! Your friends, your family, even your enemies - maybe they just need tiny metal toys in their lives and will forever more be much better people!

You'll be able to grab the full set of miniatures or choose from smaller sets in any combination. There will also be a very limited number of hand-finished (by me) sets just like the miniatures in the photos. The perfect labour-free gift for yourself or someone you love. Awwww.
    • By Citrine
      Yay, finished in time to enter 2013 Dragon challenge with 6 hours to spare....

He is 2 lbs 2.5 ounces of lead, so pretty straining on the wrists. The WIP is here : https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/52564-teronus-grenadier-dragon-wip/
      I will likely put him on a display base later.

With a dwarf snack for size:

• By Cygnwulf
      ******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread

Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)