Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

Small Red Dragon

Like him a lot - and we both know you can never have too many dragons!

Oh, and even if he had faded, it's not pink, it's lightish red.  ;-)

6 hours ago, Warlady said:

Thanks but ingot tonne fair, you add to much white to red, hyou get pink.  It's initial paint work was done before I had figured out using clear colors and artists reds, leaving him a dark red highlighted in a light pink.  At the time in was tempted to call him the healthy gum dragon!  However, some new techniques and he looks much better!

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, Warlady said:

"Guess what, they already have a color for lightish red. You know what it's called? Pink.  "

All RVB quoting aside, he's a cute dragon and one I don't recognise.

• Like 1

I am almost positive this is a Red dragon from Grenadier, because I have it sitting on my shelf:) I know it was a boxed dragon in a grenadier box (think I lost the box years ago), but lost mini's doesn't seem to list it:( I'll try and post it later:)

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 6:45 AM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I am almost positive this is a Red dragon from Grenadier, because I have it sitting on my shelf:) I know it was a boxed dragon in a grenadier box (think I lost the box years ago), but lost mini's doesn't seem to list it:( I'll try and post it later:)

That would be great if you could pin it down.  I never have much luck with visual searches and the few markings on the bottom doesn't really provide any clues.  Honestly, I would have thought more Ral Partha than Grenadier 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge again, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1. (not yet updated for the CAV II figures)

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little or not as much as one would like, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, post in the bi-monthly thread and include the tag RPChallenge

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Year long challenge
      Pick a miniature of size large or greater to complete in the Jan-Feb Block. In Nov-December, purchase that same mini and repaint in the same scheme to see direct side-by-side improvement or changes in your methods

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84372-january-february-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85335-march-april-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 8 https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86376-may-~-june-rpchallenge/
      July/August: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87162-julyaugust-rpchallenge/
      Sept/Oct: 9:
      Nov/Dec: 9:

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

July and August 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Independence Day! Both Canada and the US celebrate their independence days in July. Keeping it clean - paint a mini that resembles the most absurd stereotype of the country, whether it's a lumberjack riding a moose with a jug of maple syrup, or a fat dude in a scooter with the american flag and a big mac.  Or something from the film Independence Day, that works too.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      August 22nd is National Spumoni day. 3-layered Gelato dish. Paint any mini in a themed pallet around your choice image of said dish.

Hard Mode Challenge! Eruption
      Also in August is the fabled eruption of Pompeii. A full-size diorama is a but much to ask - but instead theme a mini around trying to escape the eruption (lava flows, flying chunks of rock, etc) particularly utilizing the OSL and an ashen look.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By planetmut
      This is my second Attic Whisperer. I decided on pink for her (I still think of this mini as female) to complement the blue one. I wanted to put something on her base this time and @3vil3lvis and @Fencig both gave me some good ideas in their comments on my first effort (although making a bassinet at this scale, as Fencig suggested, is a fantastic idea but a bit out of my skill range). So I thought about just painting a circled pentagram on the plastic card floorboards and putting her inside it, but as I can't even freehand a short straight line that idea went out the window and left me having to repaint the base.

Then I remembered that last year I'd bought a set of accessories called Wizard's Study, or something like that (the packaging is long gone; I cannot remember the manufacturer but this company's minis are grey pre-primed plastic, so if anyone knows tell me in the comments.) So I dug them out of my bits box, picked a small pile of books and a clear bottle, painted the books and glazed the bottle and glued them in place, then attached the Whisperer.

I thought the base needed another element so I cut some 2mm plastic rod into short lengths, drilled them out, inserted small pieces of brass wire for the wick and painted them to look like candles. I added the runnels of wax and the pool of wax using Liquitex modelling paste. Looking at them in the photos I should have used thinner wire.

I'm happy with the figure and accessories, but the floorboards need to be better. I decided on black this time for a change and to give a strong contrast to the mini and other elements but as I can barely paint brown wood realistically, I should have realised that they'd look like stone.

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

I'm actually thinking about buying another set of these figures.

It looks like there's a random flake of tan paint below her jaw. I can't see it on the actual figure, so it must have fallen off after I took the pic. I really have to remember to "dust" the minis with a brush before photographing them.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Statuesque Miniatures

Ok. We're all set. The Kickstarter launches on Tuesday! It's not a massively long campaign, so tell everyone! Your friends, your family, even your enemies - maybe they just need tiny metal toys in their lives and will forever more be much better people!

You'll be able to grab the full set of miniatures or choose from smaller sets in any combination. There will also be a very limited number of hand-finished (by me) sets just like the miniatures in the photos. The perfect labour-free gift for yourself or someone you love. Awwww.
    • By Citrine
      Yay, finished in time to enter 2013 Dragon challenge with 6 hours to spare....

He is 2 lbs 2.5 ounces of lead, so pretty straining on the wrists. The WIP is here : https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/52564-teronus-grenadier-dragon-wip/
      I will likely put him on a display base later.

With a dwarf snack for size:

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 121 Guests (See full list)