• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, some more Underworld dwellers. Here are my 44045, Shrieking Fungi sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I completed my Perils of the Underworld diorama. I changed the name simple because there is a trademark on the word Underdark. Here are the pictures, do not hesitate to leave any critiques as I would like to improve anything that does not look right. The building WIP can be found here and the painting WIP here. To realize this diorama, I used Reaper Miniatures model and MSP paint only.

The whole idea of this project started with the gemstone the gnome is holding in her left hand. I converted 03082 Ingrid the female gnome sculpted by Derek Schubert as a svirfneblin prospector. (Svirfneblin is the name given to deep gnome in the Forgotten Realms lore). She is exploring the Underworld in search of precious minerals. She's riding her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by an ambushed 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. There is also a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging from its perch and several mushrooms I sculpted in green stuff to complete the scene.

The mushroom I sculpted are all found in the Forgotten Realms lore, the blue ones are called nightlight fungus, the round ones on the ground at the back of the display are called timmask, the pink ones are glowcap mushroom and the ones growing on the roots are  ripplebark. It took me about 90 hours of work to do this diorama, not including the time I spent preparing the WIP. Enjoy!

• By haldir
      Ok, so next week I'm gonna be replacing the LCD in my printer finally, but I'm also gonna replace the noisy fan on the very bottom of the printer. I finally found a good shot of the guts from the bottom:

Now the fan I ordered a few months ago is definitely not the one I need as it's one of the filter fans. So I'm gonna have to order a fan this week. That is why I'm posting here. What fan is good for this?

I've read where someone has modded theirs to run a 120mm fan, I just wanna do a direct replacement of it. One caution I have is the connections. Does the fan just clip into one of the white connectors or is it one that the wires go into the posts that screw down (like on a Ender 3)?

Funny how now I find this site vs trying to find anything these past few months:

(note the fan wire, it clips into one of the white connectors (yeah!!)
      Any help will be appreciated for this.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      How do you make an octopus laugh?  You give him ten tickles!

Wanted to show off this little octopus that I sculpted from some leftover green stuff.  I don't have much experience with sculpting other than a few simple embellishments on minis and a couple of snake swarms I made once.  Wanted to try something relatively simple and figured an octopus would be pretty forgiving.

You can see more about how I made this guy and more of my nautical minis in my Dark Tide WIP thread HERE.

I sculpted and painted this guy in two evenings and am happy with hos cute it turned out.  It's not the most accurate, but I'm proud of it.  It definitely has given me greater confidence in my ability to make something out of nothing.

More Photos Beneath the Spoiler:

• By Thrym
      Yeah, another base. Shocker, I know.  It's one I've been thinking about for years, basically, since I bought the beads that are in it.

So, the premise:
      I use the air-dry clay hexes from the previous project as well as these beads I bought at Walmart so long ago. The Bugle Beads are hex-shaped and iridescent.  The color on the tube is labeled as "black iris."

I build a flat of the hexes and use the beads upright on a portion of the base to represent an unusual terrain.  I use a pill bottle shell along one edge to build the terrain upward on that edge more easily.  I'll peel that off later.  

So here's the bottom layer of the piece.

The front layer is as high as it will go.  The next layer will go to the top of the beads and also be flat.  The last layer will be more like a hill on the other side of the beads.

Now if this was for a mech it would look like pilings holding back the earth.  I will use more of them here than just along the fronts.

Stay tuned. Enjoy. Please, stay safe.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)