Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 15:  Where is the best place to get chocolate today?

No idea...

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Of the stores I shop at, Target usually has the best selection of Valentine's Day candy...

I am too annoyed with Target® to shop there.

They are evidently in league with a grade of marketing majors most foul. Will try to find a link. And I have: Target thought it would be clever if they showed a lower-than-in-store price to people who were shopping over the internet, but then the app would change the price (upward) right in the parking lot as those folks approached the store.

Edited by TGP
Found a link...
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

I got a guy who knows a guy who's got a guy, but I'll need a riverine patrol boat and a 10-man squad of jungle veterans who aren't afraid of invisible creatures that can nuke themselves.  But I can promise you, sir, that whoever makes it to the other side will come back with the finest cocoa plants ever seen by human eyes.  From these we can make the chocolate.  It is very best chocolate.  Men will kill for it.

Men like you and me.  

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I got a guy who knows a guy who's got a guy, but I'll need a riverine patrol boat and a 10-man squad of jungle veterans who aren't afraid of invisible creatures that can nuke themselves.  But I can promise you, sir, that whoever makes it to the other side will come back with the finest cocoa plants ever seen by human eyes.  From these we can make the chocolate.  It is very best chocolate.  Men will kill for it.

Men like you and me.  

Huh, so that's why the kid at the chocolate shop next to my office always looks like he just stepped out of a war zone. Guess I won't be making any sudden moves or loud noises around him now. Good to know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

the boss's office. I have no idea why but they just have a big basket of really good stuff at the door for people to take.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Men like you and me.  

This is the first time I've heard of men being willing to kill for chocolate. Women? Oh yeah, definitely. But men? Something doesn't sound right about this plan. Unless they are being forced to do it by SWMBO.

We've got one grocery  store here and it's 50 km to the nearest larger town that has 3 stores that sell candy so not much options. Most of the time they put it on sale way, way after the special days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

By 1am last night Walgreens was cleaned out. There were a few bags of off-brand conversation hearts with the sayings stamped halfway off the side and some cheap teddy bears I watched some dudes argue over. Guess they forgot ::P:

So... not there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Local stores should have some, heading to Walmart today so I'll check. Should have a bit of time, though they seem quick to switch out to the next season (Easter, in this case).

• Like 3

My mailbox, when my Belgian grandmother sends me the yearly shipment of the stuff they do NOT export in quantity.:ph34r:

(Don't bother stalking me, this year's shipment has already gone through.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Anywhere 1 day *after* Halloween, Valentine's Day or Easter for those half price specials!

Rest of the time, as a Canadian, Laura Secord or Lindt outlet stores have some nice stuff.

Don't forget Purdy's! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

My mailbox, when my Belgian grandmother sends me the yearly shipment of the stuff they do NOT export in quantity.:ph34r:

That just means I need more patience :devil:

• Like 5

On 2/12/2019 at 5:30 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 12: How good are you about using the appropriate PPE (personal protection equipment) when the situation warrants it?*

*He asks as he sits here with bronchitis like symptoms coughing up gold dust from last nights polishing endeavors without a mask on.

When making cold process soap, very good.  (Involves lye)  When cleaning toilets, not so good.  So really it depends on the severity of the consequences.  

On 2/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 13: What is your dump stat?

See, I'm tempted to say CON, because I'm chronically sick, but on the other hand I've survived some nasty sicknesses.  Probably it's STR, because I'm just not that strong.  

On 2/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 14: Valentine's Day: Love it, Loathe it, or Meh?

It's okay.  These days we make fondue for dinner at home and it makes the kids happy.  So not quite at the "Love it" level, but above "Meh".  

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Purdy's Chocolate anywhere in Canada.  My favorite place to get chocolate and the usually have good post-holiday sales.  ^_^ 

I'll try to be better about keeping up on the questions.  Lack of power made me fall behind.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

...I really didn't need to think about your chocolate, Belgian or otherwise, "going through."

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zink said:

This is the first time I've heard of men being willing to kill for chocolate. Women? Oh yeah, definitely. But men? Something doesn't sound right about this plan. Unless they are being forced to do it by SWMBO.

We've got one grocery  store here and it's 50 km to the nearest larger town that has 3 stores that sell candy so not much options. Most of the time they put it on sale way, way after the special days.

You've never met my hubby :lol: he looooves chocolate. I can get him to do pretty much anything if I promise him a chocolately reward. 

I was going to go to fred meyer's for chocolate this morning, but I was just too hecking tired. Hoping they still have whitman's samplers, buy one get one free. They had a lot of them yesterday, and since they aren't heart shaped they have a better chance of being left over.

• Like 8